Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nikkei opens down 600...

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Collegedoog is embarrassing a lot of you.

Sure
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Collegedoog is embarrassing a lot of you.

APAGFS as usual
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    CollegeDoog grossly overestimates his intellectual capacity. He's the kind of guy that thinks his 3" dick is 9" long.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

D2D. CD. ET.

The market correction was coming. It will sputter the next couple months. If you didn't sell your stocks in mid January you have no bidness investing.

Still would guess growth to be 8-10% in the DJIA for 2014. It will end up fine.

Fuck, you really are a know it all asshole. You have no fucking clue.

My portfolio disagrees.

The stock market will be fine.

Shoot me a PM for investing tips.
    Listen dude, you're not as smart as you think you are. No one is asking your dumb ass for investing advice. Shut the fuck up, get your degree, get some work experience, get your CFA certification, get some more work experience, then offer your shit advice to anyone who cares. Which wont be us.
    He should learn how to properly count the change in his McDonald's till before he gives investment advice. Just to clue you in - no one here is going to take the investment advice of a fucktarded liberal arts major in Vermont.
  • Options

CollegeDoog grossly overestimates his intellectual capacity. He's the kind of guy that thinks his 3" dick is 9" long.

It's 10 inches.

"Economics is a zero sum game."
  • Options

D2D. CD. ET.

The market correction was coming. It will sputter the next couple months. If you didn't sell your stocks in mid January you have no bidness investing.

Still would guess growth to be 8-10% in the DJIA for 2014. It will end up fine.

Fuck, you really are a know it all asshole. You have no fucking clue.

My portfolio disagrees.

The stock market will be fine.

Shoot me a PM for investing tips.
    Listen dude, you're not as smart as you think you are. No one is asking your dumb ass for investing advice. Shut the fuck up, get your degree, get some work experience, get your CFA certification, get some more work experience, then offer your shit advice to anyone who cares. Which wont be us.
    He should learn how to properly count the change in his McDonald's till before he gives investment advice. Just to clue you in - no one here is going to take the investment advice of a fucktarded liberal arts major in Vermont.
    It's a good thing investment bankers and hedge fund managers value our advice. ;)
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So... now you advise hedge fund managers and investment bankers?
  • Options

So... now you advise hedge fund managers and investment bankers?

Yes. Abundance.
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes

You're so full of shit, CollegeDoog. You must be really fucking bored in bum fuck Vermont and enjoy making up stories on a message board to entertain yourself.

"lol"

I'm actually about to head up to Montreal aka Canadian Vegas for the night.
    CD amongst French Canadians. You can't tell the assholes without a scorecard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited February 2014

So, you're a liar, too?

You're just figuring this out? I know tons of 20 year olds who can pay for their own Super Bowl ticket, invest their own cash, have great portfolios, are climate change experts, and give advice to hedge fund mangers and investment bankers. I'm missing a whole bunch of other shit too. I can't keep up with it all.

The internet. Where people can be whatever they want.

We run in different social circles. Hi Harv!

Also if you took my post as meaning investment bankers and hedge funds ask me for my advice you're a fucking retard. It was a response to obk saying NOC about Midd kids in the finance world. Econ is the most popular major here and 95% of those people graduate to work in finance in either Boston or NY.

We're doing something right.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

So, you're a liar, too?

You're just figuring this out? I know tons of 20 year olds who can pay for their own Super Bowl ticket, invest their own cash, have great portfolios, are climate change experts, and give advice to hedge fund mangers and investment bankers. I'm missing a whole bunch of other shit too. I can't keep up with it all.

Also if you took my post as meaning investment bankers and hedge funds ask me for my advice you're a fucking retard. It was a response to obk saying NOC about Midd kids in the finance world. Econ is the most popular major here and 95% of those people graduate to work in finance in either Boston or NY.

I don't doubt that you will get a job in Boston or NYC after graduation. You are obviously an academically intelligent guy and one day after gaining some more schooling and experience you may become a good financial advisor or whatever the fuck you are trying to be. I do doubt that you invest your own cash, buy your own SuperBowl ticket, and a lot of other bullshit you post. Everyone here was 20 once and everyone here knows what 20 year olds are like, even academically superior ones like yourself.

You completely contradicted yourself with your first comment.

"The market correction was coming. It will sputter in the next couple months. If you didn't sell your stocks in mid January you have no bidness investing. Still would guess growth to be 8-10% in the DJIA for 2014. It will end up fine."

So, if it will end up fine, why would you panic and sell your stocks? Wouldn't they rebound if it was going to be fine? You are supposed to sell your stocks anytime the market takes a dip?

On your last poont. Yes, sell high then buy low. Pretty basic principle of investing.

And yes. I was lucky to get a SB ticket at reduced price. It was a potentially once in a lifetime experience to see your team play in it. Why is that an issue?
  • Options
    I see now. One day you 'hope' an investment banker or hedge fund manager will take your advice when you become another Wulff of Wallstreet.

... somehow I CAN picture you in prison
  • Options
    edited February 2014

So, you're a liar, too?

I don't doubt that you will get a job in Boston or NYC after graduation. You are obviously an academically intelligent guy and one day after gaining some more schooling and experience you may become a good financial advisor or whatever the fuck you are trying to be. I do doubt that you invest your own cash, buy your own SuperBowl ticket, and a lot of other bullshit you post. Everyone here was 20 once and everyone here knows what 20 year olds are like, even academically superior ones like yourself.

"The market correction was coming. It will sputter in the next couple months. If you didn't sell your stocks in mid January you have no bidness investing. Still would guess growth to be 8-10% in the DJIA for 2014. It will end up fine."

So, if it will end up fine, why would you panic and sell your stocks? Wouldn't they rebound if it was going to be fine? You are supposed to sell your stocks anytime the market takes a dip?

On your last poont. Yes, sell high then buy low. Pretty basic principle of investing.

And yes. I was lucky to get a SB ticket at reduced price. It was a potentially once in a lifetime experience to see your team play in it. Why is that an issue?
    Thanks for teaching me that. If you can't see how you contradicted yourself, I can't help you.

So consuming entertainment is now investing? hmmm... is that what they're teaching you or did you figure that out all on your own?

edit: this was a response intended for Kim, RoadDawg
  • Options
    edited February 2014

So, you're a liar, too?

Thanks for teaching me that. If you can't see how you contradicted yourself, I can't help you.

You sell off stocks when the market got a little ambitious or at the first sign of dropping. Then you wait for it to "bottom". Then invest again if you have confidence that the market will continue to rise. Sure, one could wait it out, but I like to maximize profit.

There was no contradiction there.

The fact that you think there was speaks volumes.