Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you want to understand why Global Warming is a religion...

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

GDS said:

Add to that the 1930s were WAY warmer than it is now...that's why they have to keep changing the historical data to hide it.

Its all "facts" and "truth" until it falls apart, just like all the studies showing global cooling in the 1970s...i.e. the upcoming Ice Age, just like Hansen's models in the 1980s that have failed spectacularly in linking "global temperature" to CO2, just like Mann's fraudulent hockey stick in the 1990s that got debunked for using shitty statistics and selective data, just like all the studies Gores cited saying the ice caps were going to melt in 10 years in the 2000s. But I'm sure this batch of mentally ill (according to David Corn) scientists will be different.

As a point of reference...in 1936 this week it was over a 100 F across most of the country and got over 110 F across most of the Midwest even up into Canada. You can say it is out of context, but you can use simple measures such as the numbers of days a year cities like Chicago have gotten over 90 F to see that the 1930s were WAY, WAY hotter than it is today in the United States.

The year 1934 was a very hot year in the United States, ranking sixth behind 2012, 2016, 2015, 2006, and 1998. However, global warming takes into account temperatures over the entire planet, including the oceans. The land area of the U.S. accounts for only 2% of Earth's total surface area. Despite the U.S. sweltering in 1934, that year was not especially hot over the rest of the planet, as you can see on the 1934 map below. Globally, 1934 temperatures were actually cooler than average for the 20th century.

But hey....it was really hot on July 9th 1936 in shitdickville so no way climate change is real...jfc
    Its amazing how much cooler the 1930s got between 1980 and the data today. One could say it was almost magic...

Or one could look at the actual raw data and see how the average US temperature was much hotter in the 1930s than it was today. Simple fact. It is why it needs to get "corrected" by scientists. And who wouldn't trust scientists like the mentally ill ones at the beginning of this thread that can't sleep at night or get out of bed because of people like Trump and their religious belief of the world collapsing in 10 years along with their economic livelihood (i.e. grant money) to accurately and unbiasedly modify the data in a scientific manner.

Like I said, I'm sure this round of climate scientists will be so much more accurate than the last 50 years have been in getting things right...
    It's those journalists and politicians telling you that data is fixed to make the 30s look cooler. HTH
    Huh? Its published raw data.

God you are a fucking moron...
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Every time one of these threads shows up. It amazes me how many people trust journalists and politicians over scientists who study the climate for a living.

I find it amazing that somehow, someway someone out there is stupid enough to think those two concepts are linked.
    From the dude who just confused weather with climate.
    Yeah...raw data of daily and monthly average US temperatures is confusing for a burger flipper...

HondoFS...
    You are still confusing weather with climate. Nice work.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,531
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Every time one of these threads shows up. It amazes me how many people trust journalists and politicians over scientists who study the climate for a living.

I find it amazing that somehow, someway someone out there is stupid enough to think those two concepts are linked.
    From the dude who just confused weather with climate.
    Yeah...raw data of daily and monthly average US temperatures is confusing for a burger flipper...

HondoFS...
    You are still confusing weather with climate. Nice work.
    Talking point

And hondo has no idea what it even means
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    How 10 year average global temperature compares to 1851 to 1900 average global temperature

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908

Yes, facts backed up by research and evidence are exactly the same as religion.

Not when you exclude data that doesn't fit your predetermined outcome. That's not science it's "I want the grant money to keep coming".
  • Options
    WHATS THE TREND WITH THESE GRAPHS? I got gold stars for the Tug Tavern kinder with the right answer.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    This one is one I love the most...pretty much all the measurement points that go back any meaningful amount of time are in the US. So for at least a while before they decided to just change the historical data they were on the 'the US hasn't been warming but the Global Temperatures have'. Its an easy claim when there are no data sets...you just write a computer "model" that says what you want it to and make all sorts of pretty pictures.

• Options
    Gwad said:

WHATS THE TREND WITH THESE GRAPHS? I got gold stars for the Tug Tavern kinder with the right answer.

But scientists around the world are paid to do their job and prove that climate change is real man.
  • Options
    And the historical US temperatures before they really started to alter them...

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gwad said:

Kind of curious where you got the "graphs".
  • Options

Do you know the difference between the US and the world? Seriously you are a dumb motherfucker.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Do you know the difference between the US and the world? Seriously you are a dumb motherfucker.
    Thank you for proving my point after I called it out. Only HondoFS could be that dumb.

The world doesn't have temperature history data moron...you think Siberia, the Indian ocean, and all the desolate places where the "global temperature" has been warming have a bunch of temperature history stations that have been taking temps on a daily basis for the last 100 years?

Meanwhile all the places that did cooled from the 1950s to 2000 according to NASA, or at least that was so until they started changing the historical data...
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    edited July 2019
    2001400ex said:

Turn off that flatop you are the cause of global warming!

Odd the spread of solar coincides with recent temperature spikes. It's all those black solar cells now covering huge portions of the earth that are raising temperatures. Anyone can see that.

Lying turdbag.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Thank you for proving my point after I called it out. Only HondoFS could be that dumb.

The world doesn't have temperature history data moron...you think Siberia, the Indian ocean, and all the desolate places where the "global temperature" has been warming have a bunch of temperature history stations that have been taking temps on a daily basis for the last 100 years?

Meanwhile all the places that did cooled from the 1950s to 2000 according to NASA, or at least that was so until they started changing the historical data...
    Provide support for your last paragraph.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,203
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Anyone claiming there was some sustained concern that the earth was getting too cold in the 1970s is just lying or off his rocker. This shrill denial of science over what basically amounts to one magazine cover, circa 1972, is sort of pathetic.

It's reasonable to argue about what we do or even whether we do anything about climate change. Denying it's happening requires a conspiratard stupidity.

Bullshit. They had us writing letters to pen pals in Colombia because that is where we were all going to be moving in 15 years to be close to the equator. This was 1970-74 (this is grade school for me) and we were all going to starve to death before we all froze to death. We had one hour a day dedicated to global freezing and discussions about how we would survive. The 45 degree angled electric cars were the future and there were 2 different dealerships in Beaverton OR throughout the 70's. Any adult who suggested that there was no deep freeze headed our way were shouted down by the brilliant liberal elites.

I don't know where you were living but where I was it was complete indoctrination and it was dumbass liberals who shoved that bullshit down everyone's throat.
    Really? Anyone else spend five years planning a move to Ecuador? I was in school during those years and I’m calling bullshit. This wasn’t on anyone’s radar. Head injury?
    So your argument here is really not anything based on facts. Did I get that right? We know from me, others on here, the internet, etc, that there was liberal hysteria and "scientific proof" that there was a great deep freeze predicted and preached to the country in the late 60's and 70's but somehow you claim that there wasn't.

Got it.

For anyone who is interested, below is a short list of headlines that cite many pieces of "scientific research" from those great liberal "scientific" minds who claimed there was an oncoming Ice Age. You can either read them and educate yourself or you can do the liberal thing on here and deny the truth. As you can see these articles are from some of the most Conservative of sources such as the NY Times, WAPO, The Trib, LA Times, etc.

HH claims the great deep freeze was not on anyone's "radar". Clearly it was.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/01/global-cooling-compilation/

1970 – Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age – Scientists See Ice Age In the Future (The Washington Post, January 11, 1970)

1970 – Is Mankind Manufacturing a New Ice Age for Itself? (L.A. Times, January 15, 1970)

1970 – New Ice Age May Descend On Man (Sumter Daily Item, January 26, 1970)

1970 – Pollution Prospect A Chilling One (Owosso Argus-Press, January 26, 1970)

1970 – Pollution’s 2-way ‘Freeze’ On Society (Middlesboro Daily News, January 28, 1970)

1970 – Cold Facts About Pollution (The Southeast Missourian, January 29, 1970)

1970 – Pollution Could Cause Ice Age, Agency Reports (St. Petersburg Times, March 4, 1970)

1970 – Pollution Called Ice Age Threat (St. Petersburg Times, June 26, 1970)

1970 – Dirt Will .Bring New Ice Age (The Sydney Morning Herald, October 19, 1970)

1971 – Ice Age Refugee Dies Underground (The Montreal Gazette, Febuary 17, 1971)

1971 – U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming (The Washington Post, July 9, 1971)

1971 – Ice Age Around the Corner (Chicago Tribune, July 10, 1971)

1971 – New Ice Age Coming – It’s Already Getting Colder (L.A. Times, October 24, 1971)

1971 – Another Ice Age? Pollution Blocking Sunlight (The Day, November 1, 1971)

1971 – Air Pollution Could Bring An Ice Age (Harlan Daily Enterprise, November 4, 1971)

1972 – Air pollution may cause ice age (Free-Lance Star, February 3, 1972)

1972 – Scientist Says New ice Age Coming (The Ledger, February 13, 1972)

1972 – Scientist predicts new ice age (Free-Lance Star, September 11, 1972)

1972 – British expert on Climate Change says Says New Ice Age Creeping Over Northern Hemisphere (Lewiston Evening Journal, September 11, 1972)

1972 – Climate Seen Cooling For Return Of Ice Age (Portsmouth Times, ‎September 11, 1972‎)

1972 – New Ice Age Slipping Over North (Press-Courier, September 11, 1972)

1972 – Ice Age Begins A New Assault In North (The Age, September 12, 1972)

1972 – Weather To Get Colder (Montreal Gazette, ‎September 12, 1972‎)

1972 – British climate expert predicts new Ice Age (The Christian Science Monitor, September 23, 1972)

1972 – Scientist Sees Chilling Signs of New Ice Age (L.A. Times, September 24, 1972)

1972 – Science: Another Ice Age? (Time Magazine, November 13, 1972)

1973 – The Ice Age Cometh (The Saturday Review, March 24, 1973)

1973 – Weather-watchers think another ice age may be on the way (The Christian Science Monitor, December 11, 1973)

1974 – New evidence indicates ice age here (Eugene Register-Guard, May 29, 1974)

1974 – Another Ice Age? (Time Magazine, June 24, 1974)

1974 – 2 Scientists Think ‘Little’ Ice Age Near (The Hartford Courant, August 11, 1974)

1974 – Ice Age, worse food crisis seen (The Chicago Tribune, October 30, 1974)

1974 – Believes Pollution Could Bring On Ice Age (Ludington Daily News, December 4, 1974)

1974 – Pollution Could Spur Ice Age, Nasa Says (Beaver Country Times, ‎December 4, 1974‎)

1974 – Air Pollution May Trigger Ice Age, Scientists Feel (The Telegraph, ‎December 5, 1974‎)

1974 – More Air Pollution Could Trigger Ice Age Disaster (Daily Sentinel – ‎December 5, 1974‎)

1974 – Scientists Fear Smog Could Cause Ice Age (Milwaukee Journal, December 5, 1974)

1975 – Climate Changes Called Ominous (The New York Times, January 19, 1975)

1975 – Climate Change: Chilling Possibilities (Science News, March 1, 1975)

1975 – B-r-r-r-r: New Ice Age on way soon? (The Chicago Tribune, March 2, 1975)

1975 – Cooling Trends Arouse Fear That New Ice Age Coming (Eugene Register-Guard, ‎March 2, 1975‎)

1975 – Is Another Ice Age Due? Arctic Ice Expands In Last Decade (Youngstown Vindicator – ‎March 2, 1975‎)

1975 – Is Earth Headed For Another Ice Age? (Reading Eagle, March 2, 1975)

1975 – New Ice Age Dawning? Significant Shift In Climate Seen (Times Daily, ‎March 2, 1975‎)

1975 – There’s Troublesome Weather Ahead (Tri City Herald, ‎March 2, 1975‎)

1975 – Is Earth Doomed To Live Through Another Ice Age? (The Robesonian, ‎March 3, 1975‎)

1975 – The Ice Age cometh: the system that controls our climate (The Chicago Tribune, April 13, 1975)

1975 – The Cooling World (Newsweek, April 28, 1975)

1975 – Scientists Ask Why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead (PDF) (The New York Times, May 21, 1975)

1975 – In the Grip of a New Ice Age? (International Wildlife, July-August, 1975)

1975 – Oil Spill Could Cause New Ice Age (Milwaukee Journal, December 11, 1975)

1976 – The Cooling: Has the Next Ice Age Already Begun? [Book] (Lowell Ponte, 1976)

1977 – Blizzard – What Happens if it Doesn’t Stop? [Book] (George Stone, 1977)

1977 – The Weather Conspiracy: The Coming of the New Ice Age [Book] (The Impact Team, 1977)

1976 – Worrisome CIA Report; Even U.S. Farms May be Hit by Cooling Trend (U.S. News & World Report, May 31, 1976)

1977 – The Big Freeze (Time Magazine, January 31, 1977)

1977 – We Will Freeze in the Dark (Capital Cities Communications Documentary, Host: Nancy Dickerson, April 12, 1977)

1978 – The New Ice Age [Book] (Henry Gilfond, 1978)

1978 – Little Ice Age: Severe winters and cool summers ahead (Calgary Herald, January 10, 1978)

1978 – Winters Will Get Colder, ‘we’re Entering Little Ice Age’ (Ellensburg Daily Record, January 10, 1978)

1978 – Geologist Says Winters Getting Colder (Middlesboro Daily News, January 16, 1978)

1978 – It’s Going To Get Colder (Boca Raton News, ‎January 17, 1978‎)

1978 – Believe new ice age is coming (The Bryan Times, March 31, 1978)

1978 – The Coming Ice Age (In Search Of TV Show, Season 2, Episode 23, Host: Leonard Nimoy, May 1978)

1978 – An Ice Age Is Coming Weather Expert Fears (Milwaukee Sentinel, November 17, 1978)

1979 – A Choice of Catastrophes – The Disasters That Threaten Our World [Book] (Isaac Asimov, 1979)

1979 – Get Ready to Freeze (Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 12, 1979)

1979 – New ice age almost upon us? (The Christian Science Monitor, November 14, 1979)

* A couple of the news stories are duplicates in different papers with slightly different titles, this is intentional to show that these types of stories were not isolated to a certain regional paper.
    And from the National Center for Atmospheric Research:

Cool list bro, but even in the 1970s these were against the run of play. The warming effects of CO2 were noted in the 19th Century and by the late 1950s the scientific literature was overwhelmingly predicting global warming over the long run.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Which part?

NASA changes global data as well?
    Iceland:

Paraguay:

"Global warming" occurred in isolated areas where there is no real historical data?

(I especially like how they carved out Anchorage as magically not warming at all but all the area around it (where there is no actual data) severely warmed...

Where the weather stations really are?:

Look...you can believe whatever you want on GW...I could care less. But its a religion and a feeling...the underlying data that actually exists and hasn't been tampered with doesn't back it up. You can link to all the Wikipedia and YouTube videos you want...doesn't change that simple fact.

Maybe you should found a new church and have a bunch of people attend with you on Sunday morning and you can preach to them about it. The original article should provide you a few parishioners...

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Which part?

NASA changes global data as well?
    Iceland:

Paraguay:

"Global warming" occurred in isolated areas where there is no real historical data?

(I especially like how they carved out Anchorage as magically not warming at all but all the area around it (where there is no actual data) severely warmed...

Where the weather stations really are?:

Look...you can believe whatever you want on GW...I could care less. But its a religion and a feeling...the underlying data that actually exists and hasn't been tampered with doesn't back it up. You can link to all the Wikipedia and YouTube videos you want...doesn't change that simple fact.

Maybe you should found a new church and have a bunch of people attend with you on Sunday morning and you can preach to them about it. The original article should provide you a few parishioners...

Steven Goddard is your source?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,531
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Those 1830 weather stations were awesome