Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why so many mass shootings?

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019
    ZoneUW said:

salemcoog said:

I think it’s video games.

Certainly not solely, but a kid who plays a first person shooter 10 hours a day will be impacted.

Really it's about the desensitizing of people due to technology. Many if most young people now, don't talk to other people unless they have to. It's all via SMS and social media. Life isn't real to a lot of young people today.

I watched a townhall on teenage suicide and mass violence last week. And the overarching cause that came down from both the "experts" and the kids was the isolation that technology has allowed. Be it social media, smart phones, video games, message boards and what have you. People do not know how to A: Converse in a healthy manner anymore and B: Do so respectfully. I give you the Tug as exhibit A. Imagine the Tug but a bunch 15 y/o's on it.
    There’s absolutely no data linking video games to violence

Nice try old man
    It's clear that you only read the first line and then shit poasted. And didn't really even comprehend that well.

Can you tell me about the time when you begged Derek to ban you from the board last time around and the consequence that led to it?

Because at least 81% of the board would like to help you to get back to that place again.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,182
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

Cartoons of Mohammed caused a mass shooting in France

You’re losing it race

Maybe take the religion OUT of schools then? Or only Christianity prevents mass shootings?
    You might be on to something.

https://www.cato.org/blog/are-shootings-more-likely-occur-public-schools
    Any loser creep can go to a public school. Private schools usually do some vetting.

No shit shootings are way more likely at public schools. Next you’re going to tell me there’s more violent crime in big crowded cities than small gated communities?
    Huh? Hondo was just saying poor neighborhoods are awesome. Best people live there. No?

So what you’re saying is rich people who have a sense of right and wrong send their kids to religious schools were those kids don’t mass murder their classmates? Crazy theory, but you might be onto something.
    Rich people have less need to commit crimes. Because they have, you know, money.
    If poverty caused crime to increase how do you explain that crime during the Great Depression dropped? And how do you explain the explosion in crime in the 1960s during a period of time when the poverty rate was falling? Crime also exploded in the late 80s and early 90s again during a period of declining poverty rates. So how do you explain it?

Your premise that some increase in crime in the late 80s compares to the increase from 1963 into the 1970s is laughable. And the explosion in the mid-60s is very easy to explain: the oldest baby boomers were entering their prime crime committing years.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Maybe take the religion OUT of schools then? Or only Christianity prevents mass shootings?

Any loser creep can go to a public school. Private schools usually do some vetting.

No shit shootings are way more likely at public schools. Next you’re going to tell me there’s more violent crime in big crowded cities than small gated communities?
    Huh? Hondo was just saying poor neighborhoods are awesome. Best people live there. No?

So what you’re saying is rich people who have a sense of right and wrong send their kids to religious schools were those kids don’t mass murder their classmates? Crazy theory, but you might be onto something.
    Rich people have less need to commit crimes. Because they have, you know, money.
    If poverty caused crime to increase how do you explain that crime during the Great Depression dropped? And how do you explain the explosion in crime in the 1960s during a period of time when the poverty rate was falling? Crime also exploded in the late 80s and early 90s again during a period of declining poverty rates. So how do you explain it?

Your premise that some increase in crime in the late 80s compares to the increase from 1963 into the 1970s is laughable. And the explosion in the mid-60s is very easy to explain: the oldest baby boomers were entering their prime crime committing years.
    Take it up Zone Kunt, he claims that increase in crime is caused by low school funding and poverty. What's even more laughable is your misrepresentation of what I said.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Take it up Zone Kunt, he claims that increase in crime is caused by low school funding and poverty. What's even more laughable is your misrepresentation of what I said.
    "Crime also exploded in the late 80s and early 90s"
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Did it increase due to low school funding O'Keefed? Funny how you're all OUTRAGED over my description about how crime increasing late 80s and 90s and yet you say nothing about the complete bullshit about poor school funding being it's cause.

Did crime increase in the late 80s and 90s O'Keefed? Did it increase during a period of falling poverty rates? My comparison wasn't to equate the rise in crime in the 1960s to the rise in crime in the late 80s it was to show that crime has increased during periods of falling poverty rates.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Did it increase due to low school funding O'Keefed? Funny how you're all OUTRAGED over my description about how crime increasing late 80s and 90s and yet you say nothing about the complete bullshit about poor school funding being it's cause.

Did crime increase in the late 80s and 90s O'Keefed? Did it increase during a period of falling poverty rates? My comparison wasn't to equate the rise in crime in the 1960s to the rise in crime in the late 80s it was to show that crime has increased during periods of falling poverty rates.

I didn't mean to upset you, blob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

There's the passive aggressive Kunt act.

Were the questions too fucking tough for you O'Keefed, and why no OUTRAGE over the bullshit claim about school funding being tied to violent crime rates? Did crime increase in the late 80s O'Keefed? Your dodge of the question provides the answer.

So really the entire purpose of your response was over my use of the word "explosion" and over a comparison I wasn't making.

Bravo O'Keefed, one of your better head up the ass moments.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Were the questions too fucking tough for you O'Keefed, and why no OUTRAGE over the bullshit claim about school funding being tied to violent crime rates? Did crime increase in the late 80s O'Keefed? Your dodge of the question provides the answer.

So really the entire purpose of your response was over my use of the word "explosion" and over a comparison I wasn't making.

Words matter.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Words matter.
    They certainly do. Now you just need to show where I was comparing the rise in crime in the 1960s to the rise in crime in the late 80s. Your head is up your ass O'Keefed. The comparison was between two periods of time with declining poverty rates but with increasing crime rates. It wasn't a comparison of how much crime rose during each period.

But I enjoyed watching you shove your head up your ass and dance around for my entertainment.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Words matter.
    They certainly do. Now you just need to show where I was comparing the rise in crime in the 1960s to the rise in crime in the late 80s. Your head is up your ass O'Keefed. The comparison was between two periods of time with declining poverty rates but with increasing crime rates. It wasn't a comparison of how much crime rose during each period.

But I enjoyed watching you shove your head up your ass and dance around for my entertainment.

Still upset?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Words matter.

Still upset?
    Still have your head up your ass?

I thought you were going to show how I was making a comparison in how much crime rose in the 1960s when compared to the late 1980s O'Keefed?

Come on O'Keefed, words matter, show where I made that comparison.
  • Options
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Clever!

I guess words no longer matter.

Come on Kunt, show where I compared how much crime rose in the 1960s to how much it rose in the late 1980s? You started this jackass dance O'Keefed why don't you want to now back up your mouth?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ZoneUW said:

salemcoog said:

I think it’s video games.

Certainly not solely, but a kid who plays a first person shooter 10 hours a day will be impacted.

Really it's about the desensitizing of people due to technology. Many if most young people now, don't talk to other people unless they have to. It's all via SMS and social media. Life isn't real to a lot of young people today.

I watched a townhall on teenage suicide and mass violence last week. And the overarching cause that came down from both the "experts" and the kids was the isolation that technology has allowed. Be it social media, smart phones, video games, message boards and what have you. People do not know how to A: Converse in a healthy manner anymore and B: Do so respectfully. I give you the Tug as exhibit A. Imagine the Tug but a bunch 15 y/o's on it.
    There’s absolutely no data linking video games to violence

Nice try old man
    You Tube video = Benghazi violence

Mohammed cartoons = French mass murder

Giving a brain damaged youth a gun is as bad an idea as filling his damaged brain with violent imagery that desensitizes him

Both are protected by a constitutional right. But to claim that it has no effect is badly misinformed.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Clever!

Come on Kunt, show where I compared how much crime rose in the 1960s to how much it rose in the late 1980s? You started this jackass dance O'Keefed why don't you want to now back up your mouth?
    You go, girl!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Clever!

You go, girl!
    Full Kunt, you still got it O'Keefed. Words matter until O'Keefed realizes he put his head up his ass, then they no longer matter.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Clever!

You go, girl!
    Full Kunt, you still got it O'Keefed. Words matter until O'Keefed realizes he put his head up his ass, then they no longer matter.
    Tightly wound?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Clever!

You go, girl!
    Tightly wound?
    Fully Kunt? What's the matter O'Keefed, here's your big opportunity to school me. Show where I was making the comparison you claimed I was making? You realized you put your head up your ass didn't you O'Keefed, and now your only option is to continue the jackass dance.

Sad, words matter, until O'Keefed realizes he shoved his head up his ass, and then they no longer matter.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Clever!

You go, girl!
    Tightly wound?
    Fully Kunt? What's the matter O'Keefed, here's your big opportunity to school me. Show where I was making the comparison you claimed I was making? You realized you put your head up your ass didn't you O'Keefed, and now your only option is to continue the jackass dance.

Sad, words matter, until O'Keefed realizes he shoved his head up his ass, and then they no longer matter.
    Winning bigly?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Clever!

You go, girl!
    Tightly wound?

Winning bigly?
    There's no winning with a Kunt who refusing to back their mouth O'Keefee. Funny how you came running to the board to breathlessly call me out for my "false" claim an now you don't want to even discuss it. You'll go on for hours with this little passive aggressive Kunt act of yours buy you won't even take a few seconds to quote where you claim I was making the comparison you said I was making.