Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

VERDICT: Jury awards Gibson’s Bakery $11 million against Oberlin College

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,131
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    I mean black people are commonly falsely accused of shoplifting. And many shop owners are known for following black people around stores.
    The bakery should have just installed security cameras.
    Problem solved.
    And why is social justice warrior an insult? In my view Justice is a good thing, even justice concerning social issues.

What are the two sides of this story that you can see? How would installing security cameras have prevented this and solved the problem? The people protesting and Oberlin weren't interested in justice. They wanted to smear innocent people as racists without any facts to support their charges. How is that justice?
    Well if there was discrimination that wouldn’t be good would it. To me it seems the actual people in the wrong here are the shoplifters who stole and then claimed discrimination. But sure let’s only get mad at the students... who while at the end, were incorrect, didn’t necessarily start out with the intentions to falsely accuse the shop.
    The university knew the claim of discrimination was false and injected itself into the dispute and on the side of the lie.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    I mean black people are commonly falsely accused of shoplifting. And many shop owners are known for following black people around stores.
    Problem solved.
    And why is social justice warrior an insult? In my view Justice is a good thing, even justice concerning social issues.

What are the two sides of this story that you can see? How would installing security cameras have prevented this and solved the problem? The people protesting and Oberlin weren't interested in justice. They wanted to smear innocent people as racists without any facts to support their charges. How is that justice?
    Well if there was discrimination that wouldn’t be good would it. To me it seems the actual people in the wrong here are the shoplifters who stole and then claimed discrimination. But sure let’s only get mad at the students... who while at the end, were incorrect, didn’t necessarily start out with the intentions to falsely accuse the shop.
    You are delusionally sympathetic towards a mob of people who attempted to ruin a business and the owners' livelihoods. Whether they intentionally falsely accused them or not doesn't matter, they were wrong and they hurt people. I'm sure there were plenty in the Emmit Till mob who thought he actually raped a woman.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

You don’t just allude to a made up “history of discrimination” in order to appease your students. This history didn’t exist. That’s defamation and Oberlin has earned this verdict.

It’s no more okay for the left to make shit up than it is for Daddy to make shit up.
    Those are your people O'Keefed that's who you vote with and who you were supporting in Ferguson. Hands up don't shoot O'Keefed.

I realize your thought processes only allow for two opposite points of view. I’ve visited there twice. This case seems to confirm my impression on both occasions. I’m not part of their stupid any more than I’m part of yours.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019
    ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

We get mad at them to teach them to not indiscriminately throw out accusations based on group think.

It's what their parents should have done years ago.

The rabble rousers are fortunate the bakery went after the deep pockets of the school instead of each one of them individually.

Student loans would be the least of their worries.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

You don’t just allude to a made up “history of discrimination” in order to appease your students. This history didn’t exist. That’s defamation and Oberlin has earned this verdict.

It’s no more okay for the left to make shit up than it is for Daddy to make shit up.
    Those are your people O'Keefed that's who you vote with and who you were supporting in Ferguson. Hands up don't shoot O'Keefed.

I realize your thought processes only allow for two opposite points of view. I’ve visited there twice. This case seems to confirm my impression on both occasions. I’m not part of their stupid any more than I’m part of yours.
    Yes, yes, the guy who swallowed like a bitch the lie that Mike Brown was shot in the back while running away and who claimed "credible" eyewitnesses said that Brown was shot point blank in the head while on his knees with his arms in the air is too smart for me.

Remind me again how you got your name O'keefed?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

Yes, yes, the guy who swallowed like a bitch the lie that Mike Brown was shot in the back while running away and who claimed "credible" eyewitnesses said that Brown was shot point blank in the head while on his knees with his arms in the air is too smart for me.

Weird how that wrongful death suit didn’t result in the defense verdict I kept hearing about.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Did this deserve a second thread.

This was the first thread on this topic, but when does a lying dumbfuck like you ever get anything right?
    Seems like you and DJDuck beat off to the same shit.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/59632/gibson-s-bakery-wins-11-million-award-against-oberlin-college/p1
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

They didn't really care about the facts at all. There was no discrimination. There were false accusations of discrimination with zero evidence to support those accusation. There are no "two sides" to this story. There is the truth and there are the lies the SJWs and the college told.

Liberals have been getting away with falsely smearing people for being racist for a long time now. Finally there's been a little pay back. Why I believe you were a lying Kunt calling me a racist just the other day.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

They didn't really care about the facts at all. There was no discrimination. There were false accusations of discrimination with zero evidence to support those accusation. There are no "two sides" to this story. There is the truth and there are the lies the SJWs and the college told.

Liberals have been getting away with falsely smearing people for being racist for a long time now. Finally there's been a little pay back. Why I believe you were a lying Kunt calling me a racist just the other day.
    You are racist. You just don't know it.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

“Pay back” explains blob’s and Deej’s interest in the story.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

You are racist. You just don't know it.
    It stings when a pathological liar calls me a name.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

“Pay back” explains blob’s and Deej’s interest in the story.
    Damn right, maybe when liberal asswholes that you support start feeling it in the wallet they might think twice before smearing people with bogus charges of racism.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

Weird how that wrongful death suit didn’t result in the defense verdict I kept hearing about.
    Yes, yes Kunt. The city settling with the family proves that he really was shot in the back while running away. Gosh I wish I could be smartz like you O'Keefed. O'Keefed, remind me again how you got your name. Surely you must have gotten it doing something really, really smart.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If you were unbiased, you would realize the college didn’t send the students to attack the bakery. They were just defending the free speech of the students. Do you not support free speech?
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

If you were unbiased, you would realize the college didn’t send the students to attack the bakery. They were just defending the free speech of the students. Do you not support free speech?

That was the defense story. It didn’t hold up under close examination. Oberlin deserves the hit it’s taking.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

Free speech doesn't protect you when you engage in slander and libel.

And the College did help to "send" the students to "attack" the bakery.

But before those guilty pleas, students at the college immediately declared that Gibson’s was guilty of racial profiling, and large protests were organized outside the bakery. Flyers were passed out claiming Gibson’s was “racist” and had “a long account of racial profiling and discrimination.” The Oberlin College Dean of Students Meredith Raimondo allegedly participated in handing out the flyers in front of the bakery. The Oberlin College Student Senate also passed a resolution claiming Gibson’s “has a long history of racial profiling and discriminatory treatment of students and residents alike.” The college administration allegedly helped spread this student senate resolution.

The college in response to these false allegations being made by the students and the Dean of Students stopped all business with the bakery.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,754
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

Was it adjudicated? Then their is no verdict.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

It don’t cost $1.5 million to bring a summary judgment motion.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

It don’t cost $1.5 million to bring a summary judgment motion.
    Wow. $1.5 million, They must of had a really strong case. The city's insurance paid the settlement and the city avoided having to pay for a trial. Any verdict over $3M would have had to been covered by the city. It was a no brainer for the city to settle.

$1.5 M for the wrongful death of a 19 year old budding rap star is peanuts. The family must of really believed he was going earn a lot of money over the course of his life. What's 45 divided by 1.5 Million again? Now, tell us how the settlement proves he really was shot in the back while running away O'Keefed?

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    ZoneUW said:

Very clearly free speech ain’t free. Fair market value looks to be $11 million.

‘Just’ defending. That’s gold.