Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

VERDICT: Jury awards Gibson’s Bakery $11 million against Oberlin College

Comments

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Nah, The SJWs simply move on to the next thing while the college picks up the $11M tab, assuming it holds up (reasonable odds that it doesn't). Plus the indemnified employee named in the suit pays nothing.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,987
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well good. Serves them fucking right.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Did this deserve a second thread.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Did this deserve a second thread.

This was the first thread on this topic, but when does a lying dumbfuck like you ever get anything right?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,203
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:
    Having done the college visit to Oberlin with two of my kids, this is deliciously funny to me. I was very happy both decided to go elsewhere. The inmates are the asylum.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019
    Let the students dictate the culture and curriculum. What could go wrong?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    Why do students always think they are so fucking importanr
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,822
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

That is all they've been told by their helicopter parents growing up.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    pawz said:

That is all they've been told by their bulldozer parents growing up.
  • Options

Let the students dictate the culture and curriculum. What could go wrong?

The school got hit for its direct involvement, not merely for what its students did.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I can see both sides.
    I mean black people are commonly falsely accused of shoplifting. And many shop owners are known for following black people around stores.
    The bakery should have just installed security cameras.
    Problem solved.
    And why is social justice warrior an insult? In my view Justice is a good thing, even justice concerning social issues.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    I mean black people are commonly falsely accused of shoplifting. And many shop owners are known for following black people around stores.
    Problem solved.
    And why is social justice warrior an insult? In my view Justice is a good thing, even justice concerning social issues.

But in this case they weren’t falsely accused, in fact they plead guilty to it. Still didn’t stop the SJWs from protesting. The people who were falsely accused was the store owner
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    pawz said:

That is all they've been told by their helicopter parents growing up.
    Is that the problem though? I get it when they are like a football star or something

But leftists and sjw types weren't the popular kids
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

What are the two sides of this story that you can see? How would installing security cameras have prevented this and solved the problem? The people protesting and Oberlin weren't interested in justice. They wanted to smear innocent people as racists without any facts to support their charges. How is that justice?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019
    ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it any less of a pig. "Social Justice Warrior"..christ.

And the whole "they should have just installed security cameras' is a bullshit argument. With that line of thinking, we? are all going to be outfitted with government funded Go Pros to document our innocence against false accusations.

Fuck that, Big Brother.

• Options
    ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

You don’t just allude to a made up “history of discrimination” in order to appease your students. This history didn’t exist. That’s defamation and Oberlin has earned this verdict.

It’s no more okay for the left to make shit up than it is for Daddy to make shit up.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it any less of a pig. "Social Justice Warrior"..christ.

And the whole "they should have just installed security cameras' is a bullshit argument. With that line of thinking, we? are all going to be outfitted with government funded Go Pros to document our innocence against false accusations.

Fuck that, Big Brother.

This guys a real Beaut. He reminds me a lot of Aeropostal of Grief, just more naive and ignorant. If that was somehow possible.

He is definitely what you would call a throwback resistor circa December 2016. He doesn’t really read the news and hasnt realized that 81% of his so called social injustices have proven to be bullshit.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

They should've installed security cameras? That's some damn fine victim blaming.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

You don’t just allude to a made up “history of discrimination” in order to appease your students. This history didn’t exist. That’s defamation and Oberlin has earned this verdict.

It’s no more okay for the left to make shit up than it is for Daddy to make shit up.
    Those are your people O'Keefed that's who you vote with and who you were supporting in Ferguson. Hands up don't shoot O'Keefed.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

What are the two sides of this story that you can see? How would installing security cameras have prevented this and solved the problem? The people protesting and Oberlin weren't interested in justice. They wanted to smear innocent people as racists without any facts to support their charges. How is that justice?
    Well if there was discrimination that wouldn’t be good would it. To me it seems the actual people in the wrong here are the shoplifters who stole and then claimed discrimination. But sure let’s only get mad at the students... who while at the end, were incorrect, didn’t necessarily start out with the intentions to falsely accuse the shop.