Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

VERDICT: Jury awards Gibson’s Bakery $11 million against Oberlin College

13»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    I mean black people are commonly falsely accused of shoplifting. And many shop owners are known for following black people around stores.
    The bakery should have just installed security cameras.
    Problem solved.
    And why is social justice warrior an insult? In my view Justice is a good thing, even justice concerning social issues.

You don’t just allude to a made up “history of discrimination” in order to appease your students. This history didn’t exist. That’s defamation and Oberlin has earned this verdict.

It’s no more okay for the left to make shit up than it is for Daddy to make shit up.
    Those are your people O'Keefed that's who you vote with and who you were supporting in Ferguson. Hands up don't shoot O'Keefed.

I realize your thought processes only allow for two opposite points of view. I’ve visited there twice. This case seems to confirm my impression on both occasions. I’m not part of their stupid any more than I’m part of yours.
    Yes, yes, the guy who swallowed like a bitch the lie that Mike Brown was shot in the back while running away and who claimed "credible" eyewitnesses said that Brown was shot point blank in the head while on his knees with his arms in the air is too smart for me.

Remind me again how you got your name O'keefed?
    Weird how that wrongful death suit didn’t result in the defense verdict I kept hearing about.
    Was it adjudicated? Then their is no verdict.
    It don’t cost $1.5 million to bring a summary judgment motion.
    Wow. $1.5 million, They must of had a really strong case. The city's insurance paid the settlement and the city avoided having to pay for a trial. Any verdict over $3M would have had to been covered by the city. It was a no brainer for the city to settle.

$1.5 M for the wrongful death of a 19 year old budding rap star is peanuts. Now, tell us how the settlement proves he really was shot in the back while running away O'Keefed?

Anyone who’s dealt with an insurance company has to be chucking at the idea that they just pay out whenever the insured asks them to. $1.5 million is quite a bit for a difficult case with an unsympathetic decedent.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    I mean black people are commonly falsely accused of shoplifting. And many shop owners are known for following black people around stores.
    Problem solved.
    And why is social justice warrior an insult? In my view Justice is a good thing, even justice concerning social issues.

You don’t just allude to a made up “history of discrimination” in order to appease your students. This history didn’t exist. That’s defamation and Oberlin has earned this verdict.

It’s no more okay for the left to make shit up than it is for Daddy to make shit up.
    Those are your people O'Keefed that's who you vote with and who you were supporting in Ferguson. Hands up don't shoot O'Keefed.

I realize your thought processes only allow for two opposite points of view. I’ve visited there twice. This case seems to confirm my impression on both occasions. I’m not part of their stupid any more than I’m part of yours.
    Yes, yes, the guy who swallowed like a bitch the lie that Mike Brown was shot in the back while running away and who claimed "credible" eyewitnesses said that Brown was shot point blank in the head while on his knees with his arms in the air is too smart for me.

Weird how that wrongful death suit didn’t result in the defense verdict I kept hearing about.
    Wow. $1.5 million, They must of had a really strong case. The city's insurance paid the settlement and the city avoided having to pay for a trial. Any verdict over $3M would have had to been covered by the city. It was a no brainer for the city to settle.

$1.5 M for the wrongful death of a 19 year old budding rap star is peanuts. Now, tell us how the settlement proves he really was shot in the back while running away O'Keefed?

Anyone who’s dealt with an insurance company has to be chucking at the idea that they just pay out whenever the insured asks them to. $1.5 million is quite a bit for a difficult case with an unsympathetic decedent.
    The city might have felt that paying $1.5 million bought them some good will from the very same lynch mob you happily supported. Fighting the case and winning could have easily led to more riots and violence and destruction of the city from your pals O'Keefed. Now for the question you continue to dodge like a Kunt. How does the settlement prove he really was shot in the back while running away?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

$1.5 M for the wrongful death of a 19 year old budding rap star is peanuts. The family must of really believed he was going earn a lot of money over the course of his life. What's 45 divided by 1.5 Million again? Now, tell us how the settlement proves he really was shot in the back while running away O'Keefed?

I thought he was a budding brain surgeon? Kind, wonderful and outgoing when not high or robbing people.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

ZoneUW said:

I can see both sides.
    Problem solved.

The city might have felt that paying $1.5 million bought them some good will from the very same lynch mob you happily supported. Fighting the case and winning could have easily led to more riots and violence and destruction of the city from your pals O'Keefed. Now for the question you continue to dodge like a Kunt. How does the settlement prove he really was shot in the back while running away?
    Shocking O'Keefed ran away. But don't worry folks the next time the subject comes up that O'Keefed claimed Brown was shot in the back while running away, he'll bring up his $1.5 M settlement "defense" again. That's what smart guys like O'Keefed do.