Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ducks offer unheralded Mt Tacoma OL Taliese Fuaga after “NW Showcase” performance

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

DJDuck said:

I’m sure the parents of this kid will be glad to know that a Husky fan referred to their son as a “scrap”.

Any recruit from the state of Washington that doesn't get a UW offer and ends up at Oregon is UW scraps. I'm pretty confident you won't be happy with Oregon's O-line class this cycle. They've got six lineman to replace and probably won't get a single 4-star O-line recruit to sign with them this class. But go ahead and keep your head in the sand.
    How many 4 star O-line recruits does UW have so far this cycle?

Ahmed>Gaskin
    Last time I checked 3 doesn't equal 4

Gaard Memmelaar is a 3 Star on Rivals, ESPN, 247, and 247 composite. Link to where he's a 4 star?
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/48601/gaard-the-dutch-viking-memmelaar-4-2020-ol-middleton-hs-id-committed/p1

Its right there next to his name
    So I should just take Coke's word for it...OK!
  • Options

DJDuck said:

I’m sure the parents of this kid will be glad to know that a Husky fan referred to their son as a “scrap”.

Any recruit from the state of Washington that doesn't get a UW offer and ends up at Oregon is UW scraps. I'm pretty confident you won't be happy with Oregon's O-line class this cycle. They've got six lineman to replace and probably won't get a single 4-star O-line recruit to sign with them this class. But go ahead and keep your head in the sand.

Ahmed>Gaskin
    Last time I checked 3 doesn't equal 4

Gaard Memmelaar is a 3 Star on Rivals, ESPN, 247, and 247 composite. Link to where he's a 4 star?
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/48601/gaard-the-dutch-viking-memmelaar-4-2020-ol-middleton-hs-id-committed/p1

Its right there next to his name
    So I should just take Coke's word for it...OK!
    Who?
    I hear their website is great!
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin
    They'll have Hatchett in a couple weeks and probably Rosengarten as well. Gaard Memmelaar was offered and taken as a UW commit as a Sophomore. They don't do that unless they think a kid is elite which he is. He's under the radar because he's from Idaho.

It's hilarious to me that you are so confident Ahmed isn't better than Gaskin. He was an elite national recruit out of high school and possesses 4.32 speed. I think it would go against everything we know about UW's coaching staff and their ability to develop talent if Ahmed did not turn out to be better than Gaskin. More talent plus same quality coaching should equal better performance.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just visited to watch DJ get shit on in this thread. Was not disappointed.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin
    They'll have Hatchett in a couple weeks and probably Rosengarten as well. Gaard Memmelaar was offered and taken as a UW commit as a Sophomore. They don't do that unless they think a kid is elite which he is. He's under the radar because he's from Idaho.

It's hilarious to me that you are so confident Ahmed isn't better than Gaskin. He was an elite national recruit out of high school and possesses 4.32 speed. I think it would go against everything we know about UW's coaching staff and their ability to develop talent if Ahmed did not turn out to be better than Gaskin. More talent plus same quality coaching should equal better performance.
    As of right now, you don't have a 4 star O-lineman. That isn't debatable. If Hatchett and/or Rosengarten commit then you'll have one, but that isn't yet the case.

There are more important qualities to a running back than speed. Like, vision and footwork. Gaskin had amazing vision and great footwork. Ahmed has shown to lack vision, and DeAnthony Thomas was a speed freak, but wasn't anything special as a featured back.

We'll see if Ahmed can do anything more than misdirection or an outside sweep.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

As of right now, you don't have a 4 star O-lineman. That isn't debatable. If Hatchett and/or Rosengarten commit then you'll have one, but that isn't yet the case.

There are more important qualities to a running back than speed. Like, vision and footwork. Gaskin had amazing vision and great footwork. Ahmed has shown to lack vision, and DeAnthony Thomas was a speed freak, but wasn't anything special as a featured back.

We will and he will.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

We will and he will.
    McGrew>ahmed
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

We will and he will.
    He can. Problem was is that he never got enough touches because when Myles was banged up so was Salvon and they tried to limit Salvon’s touches. Salvon never got in rhythm and we only saw that once against Wazzu. He was the best player on the field.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

We will and he will.
    He can. Problem was is that he never got enough touches because when Myles was banged up so was Salvon and they tried to limit Salvon’s touches. Salvon never got in rhythm and we only saw that once against Wazzu. He was the best player on the field.
    enough said on that?
    He will do anything to win the game!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

We will and he will.
    Getting into a groove is one thing. Going down on the slightest amount of contact and never showing he has vision to run between the tackles raises questions that "getting into the groove" doesn't eliminate.

I still predict Gaskin will be very difficult to replace.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

We will and he will.
    Getting into a groove is one thing. Going down on the slightest amount of contact and never showing he has vision to run between the tackles raises questions that "getting into the groove" doesn't eliminate.

I think we will miss Gaskin when we have to play big boy football. Against our shit stain OOC and most of the PAC12 dreck Salvon should be more than good enough if the rest of the offense takes even the most marginal of steps forward as predicted. The simple possibility of throwing downfield more than 30yds should mean we don't need a back that can wiggle for three yards after being contacted behind the line of scrimmage. I think we could see 1,000+ yards from him this season while still watching the offense put up much bigger totals than last year.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

We will and he will.

Because you're a dumb, biased quook. He won't be.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin

AGREE
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019

Ducks going hard after those "hidden gems" lol. They lose six lineman after this season and have to try to load up on "hidden gem" recruits to replace them. Must suck knowing UW can get this kid anytime they want. Not a lot of O-line talent in the state of Oregon this cycle. They have to come up here and try to take whatever scraps UW leaves behind.

Hidden gems??? Oregon shows some interest and all of sudden they are chasing underrated recruits? Let me know when Oregon gives this kid an official visit. Until then Oregon is recruiting Rosengarten, Fryar, Hatcher and Harper. Last I check all 4 took official visits to other good schools.