Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ducks offer unheralded Mt Tacoma OL Taliese Fuaga after “NW Showcase” performance

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Ducks going hard after those "hidden gems" lol. They lose six lineman after this season and have to try to load up on "hidden gem" recruits to replace them. Must suck knowing UW can get this kid anytime they want. Not a lot of O-line talent in the state of Oregon this cycle. They have to come up here and try to take whatever scraps UW leaves behind.

Hidden gems??? Oregon shows some interest and all of sudden they are chasing underrated recruits? Let me know when Oregon gives this kid an official visit. Until then Oregon is recruiting Rosengarten, Fryar, Hatcher and Harper. Last I check all 4 took official visits to other good schools.
    Recruiting and signing guys are two different things. None of those guys are going to Oregon. Oregon is recruiting all the obvious elite kids just like everybody else. But you can see them lining up their "hidden gem" guys for when they inevitably whiff on all their top O-line targets.

Oregon ain't Bama. They can't recruit elite lineman from around the nation like Bama can and out West, most of the elite O-line recruits care about academics which puts Oregon at a disadvantage. It really doesn't matter that Cristobal is a blow hard O-line coach as a head coach. He will struggle consistently recruiting quality O-lineman at Oregon. That's why having an O-line coach and developer of talent like Greatwood was so important for Oregon's success during your golden era. Mario got demoted at Bama so he's not the O-line coach he's hyped up to be. He's an idiot meat head who sacrifices athleticism for size. On top of that, your actual O-line coach is a total nobody and looks like an elf.
    Mirabal developed at Marshall and they were always a leader in sacks given up. Pass pro has improved under him. Between Cristobal and Mirabal, they work well together.

Also, getting Sewell, Tauanu’u, and Aumavue-Laulu along with Jaramillo and Jones is an excellent haul. We’ll see where Rosengarten winds up.

Lastly, Oregon looks good for Harper and Rosengarten as well as Jeffers. I am sure Cristobal will put together a good haul.
    So they gave up the most sacks? Got it.

Seriously though, Mirabal is a nobody. I don't think he's the kinda guy who can instill toughness in an O-line long term and I don't think he can recruit. Cristobal did all the heavy lifting for him last class and still could only get one legit Freshman for O-line in Jonah T. That's not enough.

O-line require depth. 2-3 good recruits in his first two classes isn't gonna cut it.

Oregon needs to replenish their O-line depth in the worst way and they won't be doing it with a lot of elite recruits. Better find and develop those hidden gems!

Also, if Mase Funa takes that 2-year mission he'll never play a down for Oregon. He'll go play somewhere else after his mission. Probably USC if they want him. Decommit U.

Also, rumors swirling Jonah T is next to transfer portal to SC. Probably after the season when SC has a scholarship available for him. The transfer portal is gonna fuck Oregon. So many soft commits conned into signing with Oregon and then having buyer's remorse soon after. Now they can just put themselves back on the market and be recruited all over again.
    He’s making the decision after his Freshman year. Try reading an article before you fart.
    It doesn't matter. He's not playing as a true Freshman due to the knee injury and being an out of shape fat ass. He'll redshirt. If he goes on a mission, that'll give him two years to watch Oregon remain mediocre. After his mission he's free to go wherever he wants and play immediately. He'll either go to USC or he'll be so fat and out of shape that Oregon won't even want him to come back. Like I said, if he takes that mission, he ain't doing shit at Oregon ever.
    All your assessments depend on fortune telling and predicated in the worst possible scenario. You don’t hedge against this or live in world of probability but in an all or nothing world. Who gives a shit if Mase comes in as a fat ass and then leaves? It’s actually a good scenario. If he’s a badass he stays if not he has to earn his his schollie again. Likewise, linebacker and DL depth are in good shape.

As for OL, if Jonah is on campus for a year and wants to be at USC, so be it. The nice thing about the portal is it goes both ways. Cristobal will fill spots and get good players.

Oh sure. I'm sure you really think Oregon losing their highest rated LB commit ever and one of their top-3 OL signees since Helfrich wouldn't be a big deal. Do you see Oregon lighting it up in recruiting right now? Do you really think they can just easily replace those guys with equal or better talent down the road if they don't pan out and end up elsewhere? They won't.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Ducks going hard after those "hidden gems" lol. They lose six lineman after this season and have to try to load up on "hidden gem" recruits to replace them. Must suck knowing UW can get this kid anytime they want. Not a lot of O-line talent in the state of Oregon this cycle. They have to come up here and try to take whatever scraps UW leaves behind.

Hidden gems??? Oregon shows some interest and all of sudden they are chasing underrated recruits? Let me know when Oregon gives this kid an official visit. Until then Oregon is recruiting Rosengarten, Fryar, Hatcher and Harper. Last I check all 4 took official visits to other good schools.
    Recruiting and signing guys are two different things. None of those guys are going to Oregon. Oregon is recruiting all the obvious elite kids just like everybody else. But you can see them lining up their "hidden gem" guys for when they inevitably whiff on all their top O-line targets.

Oregon ain't Bama. They can't recruit elite lineman from around the nation like Bama can and out West, most of the elite O-line recruits care about academics which puts Oregon at a disadvantage. It really doesn't matter that Cristobal is a blow hard O-line coach as a head coach. He will struggle consistently recruiting quality O-lineman at Oregon. That's why having an O-line coach and developer of talent like Greatwood was so important for Oregon's success during your golden era. Mario got demoted at Bama so he's not the O-line coach he's hyped up to be. He's an idiot meat head who sacrifices athleticism for size. On top of that, your actual O-line coach is a total nobody and looks like an elf.
    Mirabal developed at Marshall and they were always a leader in sacks given up. Pass pro has improved under him. Between Cristobal and Mirabal, they work well together.

Also, getting Sewell, Tauanu’u, and Aumavue-Laulu along with Jaramillo and Jones is an excellent haul. We’ll see where Rosengarten winds up.

Lastly, Oregon looks good for Harper and Rosengarten as well as Jeffers. I am sure Cristobal will put together a good haul.

Seriously though, Mirabal is a nobody. I don't think he's the kinda guy who can instill toughness in an O-line long term and I don't think he can recruit. Cristobal did all the heavy lifting for him last class and still could only get one legit Freshman for O-line in Jonah T. That's not enough.

O-line require depth. 2-3 good recruits in his first two classes isn't gonna cut it.

Oregon needs to replenish their O-line depth in the worst way and they won't be doing it with a lot of elite recruits. Better find and develop those hidden gems!

Also, if Mase Funa takes that 2-year mission he'll never play a down for Oregon. He'll go play somewhere else after his mission. Probably USC if they want him. Decommit U.

Also, rumors swirling Jonah T is next to transfer portal to SC. Probably after the season when SC has a scholarship available for him. The transfer portal is gonna fuck Oregon. So many soft commits conned into signing with Oregon and then having buyer's remorse soon after. Now they can just put themselves back on the market and be recruited all over again.
    He’s making the decision after his Freshman year. Try reading an article before you fart.
    That sounded racist man.
    For Oregon, it's about getting kids to commit based on the emotional high of a visit. Especially with the way Oregon's entire football staff suck these kids off during their visits. I can imagine it's quite intoxicating during their visits and makes them feel special. However, the reality is, once they sign with Oregon and get on campus, all that love and emotional high isn't there anymore. Oregon presents this mirage during their visits for kids and it's not at all the reality of day to day life in Eugene. So kids get on campus and are like "this shit isn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be. Eugene fucking sucks. I want to go home."
    Lol. A lot of the kids seem to be enjoying their time there.
    There's nothing but optimism within Oregon's program right now. They are projected by the media to compete for the Pac-12 title. They have a top draft pick at QB who's a 4-year starter. But when they fail to meet those expectations this season and kids who thought they'd be playing aren't playing, that's when guys will start jumping in the portal. It's all rainbows and sunshine until the losses start piling up.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

It doesn't matter. He's not playing as a true Freshman due to the knee injury and being an out of shape fat ass. He'll redshirt. If he goes on a mission, that'll give him two years to watch Oregon remain mediocre. After his mission he's free to go wherever he wants and play immediately. He'll either go to USC or he'll be so fat and out of shape that Oregon won't even want him to come back. Like I said, if he takes that mission, he ain't doing shit at Oregon ever.
    All your assessments depend on fortune telling and predicated in the worst possible scenario. You don’t hedge against this or live in world of probability but in an all or nothing world. Who gives a shit if Mase comes in as a fat ass and then leaves? It’s actually a good scenario. If he’s a badass he stays if not he has to earn his his schollie again. Likewise, linebacker and DL depth are in good shape.

As for OL, if Jonah is on campus for a year and wants to be at USC, so be it. The nice thing about the portal is it goes both ways. Cristobal will fill spots and get good players.

Oh sure. I'm sure you really think Oregon losing their highest rated LB commit ever and one of their top-3 OL signees since Helfrich wouldn't be a big deal. Do you see Oregon lighting it up in recruiting right now? Do you really think they can just easily replace those guys with equal or better talent down the road if they don't pan out and end up elsewhere? They won't.
    Mase isn’t a linebacker. I also think Oregon gets Noah Sewell and has a bright future at LB.

Mase ends up at DL. I am not sure what will go into his decision to take a mission but like many before him, future NFL potential will be a big factor. If he has that, I am sure that will be manifest itself.

As for Jonah, I obviously prefer he stick. That being said, I see boom or bust. I think the kid has some growing up to do. If he does that, he’s got all the talent in the world. I can’t imagine an elite talent wanting to wait a year to play.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That sounded racist man.
    For Oregon, it's about getting kids to commit based on the emotional high of a visit. Especially with the way Oregon's entire football staff suck these kids off during their visits. I can imagine it's quite intoxicating during their visits and makes them feel special. However, the reality is, once they sign with Oregon and get on campus, all that love and emotional high isn't there anymore. Oregon presents this mirage during their visits for kids and it's not at all the reality of day to day life in Eugene. So kids get on campus and are like "this shit isn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be. Eugene fucking sucks. I want to go home."
    There's nothing but optimism within Oregon's program right now. They are projected by the media to compete for the Pac-12 title. They have a top draft pick at QB who's a 4-year starter. But when they fail to meet those expectations this season and kids who thought they'd be playing aren't playing, that's when guys will start jumping in the portal. It's all rainbows and sunshine until the losses start piling up.
    Haie, almost everything you wrote could be said of any Division 1 program in the country.

The PAC 12 title talk is stupid but that's sports media and dumb fans.

But remind me what Petersen's record was his third year at Washington? I forget.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Mase isn’t a linebacker. I also think Oregon gets Noah Sewell and has a bright future at LB.

Mase ends up at DL. I am not sure what will go into his decision to take a mission but like many before him, future NFL potential will be a big factor. If he has that, I am sure that will be manifest itself.

As for Jonah, I obviously prefer he stick. That being said, I see boom or bust. I think the kid has some growing up to do. If he does that, he’s got all the talent in the world. I can’t imagine an elite talent wanting to wait a year to play.
    Sewell 260+ and he gunna get bigger. If he’s a LBer he gunna have an awfully tough time trying to cover and play in space.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That sounded racist man.
    Of course, it’s inevitable those losses pile up. Sure, if losses pile up, kids will leave.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sewell 260+ and he gunna get bigger. If he’s a LBer he gunna have an awfully tough time trying to cover and play in space.
    He is full grown.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,490
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That sounded racist man.
    Haie, almost everything you wrote could be said of any Division 1 program in the country.

But remind me what Petersen's record was his third year at Washington? I forget.
    Petersen has 2/3 conference championships and a fiesta 10 win season the year in between. He also has a proven record on the road including closing out division champ games.

Remind me what the two coaches have in common.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Mase isn't a linebacker but Sewell is? What? Sewell is 270 pounds as a Junior in high school. He's not playing linebacker in college. He looks like a little fat Elijah Qualls, except Qualls played RB in high school instead of ILB. Oregon's D-line recruiting and LB recruiting is very mediocre right now compared to UW right now and the Chip Kelly era at Oregon.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

He is full grown.
    So is he just gonna stop eating and never lift weights the rest of his career or what? He's too big to be an ILB in college. Oregon won't be getting any good LB's this class.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That sounded racist man.
    And Seattle is better? It’s the 2nd biggest shit hole city on the west coast behind San Francisco. Seattle and Portland both have that sweet smell of shit and urine when you stroll downtown. The only difference is that Seattle is bigger and has a little more smog to hold that smell in.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited June 2019
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That sounded racist man.

Petersen has 2/3 conference championships and a fiesta 10 win season the year in between. He also has a proven record on the road including closing out division champ games.

Remind me what the two coaches have in common.
    Oh Haie! What are you doing here?
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’s curtains for the Duck program!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

If you define “lighting it up” being the #1 recruiting class in the PAC 12 “ right now”, I would say yes the Ducks are.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Pac-12
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

If you define “lighting it up” being the #1 recruiting class in the PAC 12 “ right now”, I would say yes the Ducks are.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Pac-12
    Smoke and mirrors. We all know a bunch of them have not shut down their recruiting process, are not actually COMMITTED, and will not be signing with Oregon when it's all said and done.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I think Sewell will be fine. The kid has talent and he is athletic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhLtTWRGtc
  • Options
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That sounded racist man.
    And Seattle is better? It’s the 2nd biggest shit hole city on the west coast behind San Francisco. Seattle and Portland both have that sweet smell of shit and urine when you stroll downtown. The only difference is that Seattle is bigger and has a little more smog to hold that smell in.
    I live in Seattle. There's no smog and no smell. It's one of the best big cities in the country. Very clean environment. Good people. Beautiful scenery. DIVERSE community. A lot of job opportunities. Good food too and a shit load of restaurants to choose from.

I've been to Eugene. Now that's a little shit hole crawling with meth and heroin heads. Corvallis is way better as far as small college towns go.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That sounded racist man.
    Eugene has problems but..............

“Seattle is Dying”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw
  • Options
    Funny how you set up the variable of “RIGHT NOW” but now want to talk about an unknowable future. You are completely illogical.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Maybe in the future you should edify yourself before making statements that are completely false and then try to equivocate and move the goal posts like a middle schoolers to try and cover for your ignorance.