Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ducks offer unheralded Mt Tacoma OL Taliese Fuaga after “NW Showcase” performance

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mt. Tahoma thati is
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Ducks going hard after those "hidden gems" lol. They lose six lineman after this season and have to try to load up on "hidden gem" recruits to replace them. Must suck knowing UW can get this kid anytime they want. Not a lot of O-line talent in the state of Oregon this cycle. They have to come up here and try to take whatever scraps UW leaves behind.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Sure Ducks just can’t recruit and are in trouble. It will hurt losing 4 OL starters, there is no denying. Our best offensive lineman, one of the best in the nation, will still be there. Next year we will have three 4star offensive linemen. They got playing time last year when Sewell and one of our other starters were hurt. Actually a three star is as good or better than they are.

How could Oregon hope to evaluate OL with a head coach that won 2 National Championship playing OL for Miami and coached OL for Alabama is your head coach. What would he know about OL talent.😂
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I’m sure the parents of this kid will be glad to know that a Husky fan referred to their son as a “scrap”.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Dude it’s not hard pretty much everyone knows who is going to good in collegw.
  • Options
    Dude you

Oh Dude you mean like All American Heisman Trophy winner 3 star Marcus Mariota who only had offers from Memphis and Oregon.

Yours is not a very bright statement College football is replete with stories of kids that were not wanted by anyone that became stars. You must be pretty young and inexperienced.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    You can make a pretty great NFL team of players who were two-star recruits

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/6/22/8743525/nfl-two-star-recruits

Offensive tackle
    “For offensive linemen in particular, recruiting is a tricky game. It's a difficult position to project, and tons of kids don't fully grow into their frames until they get into college strength programs. For that reason, the number of top offensive linemen who were modestly rated recruits is fairly high.”
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Closer to home, do any of you remember Neil Lomax? He was an Oregon kid with virtually no offers. As a Freshman at Portland State he was the 5th String QB on Partial scholarship with virtually no offers........

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Lomax

F YI Lomax is head coach at Ft. Vancouver High School.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The Day Mouse’s Team Scored 105

http://archives.midweek.com/content/columns/keepingscore_article/the_day_mouses_team_scored_105/

“Well, in this game, the Run ‘n’Shoot was blazing and firing. In the first four or five minutes, Portland State scored four touchdowns - the fourth touchdown pass from Lomax to All-American Kenny Johnson helped Lomax break Doug Williams’ NCAA career record for TD passes (since broken by Hawaii’s Colt Brennan and then Graham Harrell of Texas Tech). By the end of the quarter, Lomax had seven touch-down passes and in a span of less than four minutes of actual time spent on the field, Portland State led 49-0.”

I was at this game. It was played at Multnomah Stadium where I use to watch Duck/Husky games as a kid.
  • Options
    And one nut like you that counts peoples posts and has nothing of substance to offer. Is that all you have once more is to just offer inane criticism because of your continuing hatred of me over several sites. Grow up Scott each of my posts has address with substance what others have said unlike your silly BS. I believe I have added some knowledge to the repartee. It’s sad that one of the main motivators of your life is silly denigration of other People, particularly myself Atl and Jade. Grow up pal.
  • Options
    Maybe you could point out the “idiocy” that is contained in my posts. I’m sure that would be tough for a person with limited skills but have a go at it chump.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Maybe you could check my grammar and spelling like you use to do not only with me, but others on the shed that you perceived as your enemies.

Mr. Republican the Grammar Policeman. Now you have graduated to post counting. Ha Ha Ha

What is your point. Do you have some special rules? Is this important to you.

You have conveniently forgotten the dozens and dozens of posts you would write in one single thread trying to criticize me and others. You are a hypocrite Mr. Republican.

• Options
    You have a way of making even a sports thread ugly and odious. I was done with this thread until you popped up with your inevitable juvenile attack. I’ll keep posting on this sight until Derek doesn’t approve. BTW I don’t give a damn whether you misspell a word or post a dozen times in one thread. It would be nice if you came up with something of substance ance once in awhile though.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

Dude you

Oh Dude you mean like All American Heisman Trophy winner 3 star Marcus Mariota who only had offers from Memphis and Oregon.

Yours is not a very bright statement College football is replete with stories of kids that were not wanted by anyone that became stars. You must be pretty young and inexperienced.
    Duh there’s guy that are underrated or develop in college but a lot of that shit is already known. That’s why bama wins natties and BSU doesn’t
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    DJDuck said:

I’m sure the parents of this kid will be glad to know that a Husky fan referred to their son as a “scrap”.

Any recruit from the state of Washington that doesn't get a UW offer and ends up at Oregon is UW scraps. I'm pretty confident you won't be happy with Oregon's O-line class this cycle. They've got six lineman to replace and probably won't get a single 4-star O-line recruit to sign with them this class. But go ahead and keep your head in the sand.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

Any recruit from the state of Washington that doesn't get a UW offer and ends up at Oregon is UW scraps. I'm pretty confident you won't be happy with Oregon's O-line class this cycle. They've got six lineman to replace and probably won't get a single 4-star O-line recruit to sign with them this class. But go ahead and keep your head in the sand.
    How many 4 star O-line recruits does UW have so far this cycle?

Ahmed>Gaskin
  • Options

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

Ahmed>Gaskin
    Last time I checked 3 doesn't equal 4

Gaard Memmelaar is a 3 Star on Rivals, ESPN, 247, and 247 composite. Link to where he's a 4 star?