Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Veterans walk out of meeting with AOC.

Comments

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Here’s a compilation of Vietnam veterans first hand accounts.
    http://www.military-money-matters.com/vietnam-veterans-spit-on-part-2.html#

Here’s a video showing this still goes on today.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-TBirrPiQ
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

You dumb fucks are arguing over who spit on who 50 years ago. Fuck off.

No, the argument is over whether it happened and if it was only reported on starting in the 1980s. The dumbfuck appears to be you.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    SFGbob said:

Two incidents reported on in the early 1970s.

In the Dec. 27, 1971, CBS News segment, Pickett tells reporter Dean, “Man, I got into the airport and these two dudes walked up—one of them spit at me.”

In a June 2, 1971, Washington Post article, Minarik says that hours after his Dec. 10, 1968, discharge from the Army, two people spat on him as he walked an Oakland, Calif., street.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/03/vietnam-vet-delmar-pickett-jr-stands-by-his-spit-story-from-35-years-ago.html

And the articles relates how there are discrepancies now than with Pickett’s original telling, and that it shares the same outline as the urban myth: returning from the airport, hippie spit in them, wanted to change into civilian clothing ASAP. You walked right into it Bob you dumbass.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

In the Dec. 27, 1971, CBS News segment, Pickett tells reporter Dean, “Man, I got into the airport and these two dudes walked up—one of them spit at me.”

In a June 2, 1971, Washington Post article, Minarik says that hours after his Dec. 10, 1968, discharge from the Army, two people spat on him as he walked an Oakland, Calif., street.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/03/vietnam-vet-delmar-pickett-jr-stands-by-his-spit-story-from-35-years-ago.html

And the articles relates how there are discrepancies now than with Pickett’s original telling, and that it shares the same outline as the urban myth: returning from the airport, hippie spit in them, wanted to change into civilian clothing ASAP. You walked right into it Bob you dumbass.
    Dumbfuck, you claimed that these spitting stories only started to crop up in the 1980s. I just provided you with evidence of two these spitting stories from 1971. You lied Kunt.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

It’s not an argument whether there are first hand accounts by vietnam vets. It’s an argument that they are almost certainly lying about it because every incident follows basically the same pattern and there are almost zero contemporaneous accounts of the spitting. It’s a myth.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Dumbfuck, you claimed that these spitting stories only started to crop up in the 1980s. I just provided you with evidence of two these spitting stories from 1971. You lied Kunt.
    The myth that started in the 80s is that treatment of returning vietnam vets was terrible on the whole. That it was widespread. That’s untrue. You found two accounts from the 70s where the vets give sketchy accounts of being spit on that follow the outline of the myth. And the other was a fight at a high school football game. Wow kids never fight at high school football games. You’re so full of shit all the time.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The myth that started in the 80s is that treatment of returning vietnam vets was terrible on the whole. That it was widespread. That’s untrue. You found two accounts from the 70s where the vets give sketchy accounts of being spit on that follow the outline of the myth. And the other was a fight at a high school football game. Wow kids never fight at high school football games. You’re so full of shit all the time.
    Double down Kunt, double down.
  • Options

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

You dumb fucks are arguing over who spit on who 50 years ago. Fuck off.

No, the argument is over whether it happened and if it was only reported on starting in the 1980s. The dumbfuck appears to be you.
    Cry baby
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Double down Kunt, double down.
    Done showing your massive ass in this thread?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You mean showing my ass like this?

The tale of the hippie spitting on returning vets in airports rendering it necessary to change in to civilian clothing is an urban myth that began in the ‘80s.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

The tale of the hippie spitting on returning vets in airports rendering it necessary to change in to civilian clothing is an urban myth that began in the ‘80s.

Two questionable stories in the ‘70s vs the bullshit claims that many vietnam vets began making only in the 1980’s. Once again you’re the dumbest fucking person on this board.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

It’s not an argument whether there are first hand accounts by vietnam vets. It’s an argument that they are almost certainly lying about it because every incident follows basically the same pattern and there are almost zero contemporaneous accounts of the spitting. It’s a myth.

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
    All first hand accounts are lies? Bob’s right, you really are a cunt.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Two questionable stories in the ‘70s vs the bullshit claims that many vietnam vets began making only in the 1980’s. Once again you’re the dumbest fucking person on this board.
    Two stories that show you're a fucking liar. But hey, it's only two.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

I’d wager over 99% of the first hand accounts of being spit on by anti-war protestors upon returning from the war are bullshit.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Hi there dumbfucks,

My father in law wears his Vietnam vet hat often. In the 23 years I've known him. There's easily over 100 times I've seen someone thank him for his service. Not once has anyone ever been rude to him in any way. This is in Seattle, Montana, Spokane, southern California, and Phoenix over the years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My father in law wears his Vietnam vet hat often. In the 23 years I've known him. There's easily over 100 times I've seen someone thank him for his service. Not once has anyone ever been rude to him in any way. This is in Seattle, Montana, Spokane, southern California, and Phoenix over the years.
    No one’s saying that Vietnam veterans were getting spit on from 1996-2019, they’re saying they got spit on in the 70’s. Are you really this obtuse? Don’t answer, it was rhetorical.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

I’d wager over 99% of the first hand accounts of being spit on by anti-war protestors upon returning from the war are bullshit.
    Yeah, and you also thought a multi-million dollar budget increase was great evidence that welfare was "gutted" by Bill Clinton. Who give a fuck what a dipshit like you thinks?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

Great story, has nothing to do with the subject matter.