Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Avenatti

2»

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    CaptainPJ said:

Yeah, I bet paying players $5000 each per year (or whatever a school like WSU could sustainably afford) would stop a kid from taking $100K for a year of hoops! Let's pay the players and solve everything!

There is no way to pay the players their market value without widening the haves/have-nots gulf even further than it already is. You'd have to create a pay scale that EVERY school can afford, which just wouldn't be all that much. It wouldn't stop players from wanting/taking more than that "base salary." Ntxduck, you're conflating two separate problems that should both be addressed.

Title IX ensures this will never happen.

You would have SJW’s all over the fucking place shift their view from free college and absolving student loans to demanding the Women’s golf team get paid as much as Bama’s DE’s (Shoutout DDY!!).
    Change that from ess jay dubyas to lawyers and you have a point.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

The hammer will fall any day now

Blonde intern?!!??? TRUE??!!??!?!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

ntxduck said:

If you think Hopkins isn’t paying guys you’re fucking stupid. College basketball is the Wild West, and yes, no one cares. Kansas, Kentucky and duke are the 3 most blatant violators. If the NCAA started caring they’d torpedo their own product.

Did I say anything about Hopkins? Go fuck yourself.

If you think nike isn’t paying Oregon football players you’re fucking stupid. No way a top recruit goes to play for a mediocre unproven coach with getting paid. Idiot.
    Bitter isn’t a good look on you.

I wouldn’t be shocked if 50% or more programs are doing it. And the ones that don’t do it, aren’t winning. Even a coach like Petersen who I think is completely against it, is susceptible to having a few boosters do this stuff without his knowledge. College atheletics is a dirty system, and with all the money flowing, the NCAA does not want to fuck with the gravy train.
    Fuck off.
    New boared motto
    New?