Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oh Alabama

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

At least he admits there is a law that should be enforced

I win again

I don’t. But try to enforce your white trash “law” fantasy in California. You and trump are fucking pussies if you don’t back it up.

Sanctuary states are the law of the land.
    Yawn

So was slavery, Colonel White

We all know that Sanctuary Cities are illegal. Only an idiot would claim different
    “We all know?” Then enforce it if you can. First of all, all of California’s sanctuary state laws have been upheld. Second, you and trump are fucking pussies and will never be able to enforce any of this white trash bullshit. Immigration? Environment? California is sovereign and you can go fuck yourself. Time to move on race.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Maybe trump can try to withhold federal grants to California?!?!1

Nope. Courts shut that down. Tried that and it didn’t work. (Furthermore, California pays in more Federal $$$ in total and per capita than any other state. Go ahead and kill your source of white trash subsidy?)

But look at the booming trump economy!?!1
    (The vast majority of which (percentage wise) is derived from California)

Now, in addition to the economic engine provided by illegals and gays all over the world, California will continue to kick “religious” White trash butt from the contribution of abortion refugees. And there’s not one damn thing you can do about it.

Trumptards are the dumbest people on the planet and they demonstrate it every day.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Nope. Courts shut that down. Tried that and it didn’t work. (Furthermore, California pays in more Federal $$$ in total and per capita than any other state. Go ahead and kill your source of white trash subsidy?)

Now, in addition to the economic engine provided by illegals and gays all over the world, California will continue to kick “religious” White trash butt from the contribution of abortion refugees. And there’s not one damn thing you can do about it.

Trumptards are the dumbest people on the planet and they demonstrate it every day.

But somehow they win elections, and your side doesn't. Funny.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,650

Fair enough. But I go back to what I said yesterday: the entire nation ought to come to some consensus on whether a fetus has agency, or personhood, and if it does, when it acquires it. Because if there is ever a time when it doesn't have that status, that state - no state - should be able to intrude. If it always has that status - from the moment it is conceived - then there should be a national ban on abortion at all times and under every single circumstance.

How do you propose this consensus would be established?
    It's a tough one.

I'd say, consult the Tug?
    But if that fails, or doesn't appease the masses, then the Supremes need to find it in the Constitution. Of course it's not there ... a lot of things aren't there. I guess that leaves us with Congress.

But with Congress it should be. It should be the law of the land, either way, I don't care. I can live with either answer. What I can't live with, or at least what I found intellectually lazy and crazy, is that the answer varies by state or region. We tried that with slavery and came to the conclusion that the Union isn't a union if you can hold slaves in some places and not others. Some things are so very fundamental that, if we can't agree on them, we ought not to be associated at all.

That's my take.
    Leave it to the states?
    Leave it to the representatives of the states in Congress. Not state legislatures.

I don't have any better ideas. We all live here and we all need one rule on this. One.
    Maybe a civil war is needed
    Not again. Could get ugly this tim.
    It'll be short and democrats will be in short supply afterwards.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why so angry?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

Fair enough. But I go back to what I said yesterday: the entire nation ought to come to some consensus on whether a fetus has agency, or personhood, and if it does, when it acquires it. Because if there is ever a time when it doesn't have that status, that state - no state - should be able to intrude. If it always has that status - from the moment it is conceived - then there should be a national ban on abortion at all times and under every single circumstance.

How do you propose this consensus would be established?
    It's a tough one.

I'd say, consult the Tug?
    You're just begging for a Septic War, aren't you Creepy?
    The Throbber is full on #teamseptic

Eat my shit, lowlanders.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not going to go back into this abortion of a thread but thought I would share.

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2019
    The Answer to the Abortion Debate Has Existed in the Constitution All Along

We should begin by stating the obvious: Roe v. Wade was an errant ruling by the Supreme Court, and one which has rightfully earned “public opposition and academic criticism” because the “Court ventured too far in the change it ordered and presented an incomplete justification for its action.”

That’s not my framing of the mistake made in the Roe decision, mind you. Those are the words of none other than Ruth Bader Ginsburg, uttered in 1985.

Anyone who harbors an ounce of honesty must admit that these statements by the famously progressive justice are accurate. As MSNBC legal analyst Danny Cevallos recently observed:

[W]e have known since the ‘70s that Roe v. Wade stands on a weak foundational basis. Whether you’re pro-life or pro-choice, Roe v. Wade is really about, do we have an individual, fundamental – do women have a privacy right in the Constitution that overrides state legislatures’ abilities to make laws affecting abortion? The bottom line is, that even if you are pro-choice, [sic] the right to privacy does not exist, either in the history or the text of the Constitution, which is why Roe v. Wade has always been ripe to be overturned.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/05/the_answer_to_the_abortion_debate_has_existed_in_the_constitution_all_along.html