Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lathan Ransom, 2020 4* DB, Tucson (Salpointe Catholic), AZ (Offered 5/14/18)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    This after he officially visited LSU:

When talking with Angulo, Ransom said the LSU coaching staff showed how big of a priority he is for them. Safeties coach Bill Busch has led the way with his recruitment and gotten the Tigers into a great position.

"It was great to see how much a brotherhood it is out there," Ransom said. "It's a DBU family and they really took me under their wings. I was able to spend a lot of time with Grant Delpit and I already look up to him, just trying to model my game after what he does on the field, and he made it clear what LSU can do for me. It was great to be able to hear it from him."

Aside from that scheduled trip to Ohio State for the weekend of June 21, Ransom said he plans to take an official to Florida on an undetermined date and also get back to Texas for another unofficial. Notre Dame is also in the mix to get a return trip. He plans to make a decision before his senior season.

No mention of him visiting UW in the future and wants to make his decision before the season. Is there something I'm missing? Seems like he's not interested in UW at all and we won't even get a pity visit. All the more reason Sam Adams could be a safety recruit for us down the road. The 2020 West coast DB class looks like shit right now. I see a handful of elite guys and then a big drop off after that. How are we not hearing anything about guys like Ringo and Ransom setting up visits with UW?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The lack of any chatter that we can see is kinda worrisome.

We should be hearing more chatter about our draft results - that stuff should be pushed and get out there more.

I guess we'll wait and see.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Definitely going to be the worst DB class vs expectation in a while. Will get good talent but not as much as we should have all things considered.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Definitely going to be the worst DB class vs expectation in a while. Will get good talent but not as much as we should have all things considered.

We said this 2 years ago as well when only Dominique Hampton was committed. Then we said it last year when we just had KamFab and Williams.

Lake...uh...finds a way

Exclusive footage of Kam Fabs recruitment
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    announced his top 5. No UW and no Pac 12 schools. It's okay guys, we probably passed on him because he's not OKG enough. TRUST THE COACHESSKSDLJ:FLKDSJFLKDSFJLDSF
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

announced his top 5. No UW and no Pac 12 schools. It's okay guys, we probably passed on him because he's not OKG enough. TRUST THE COACHESSKSDLJ:FLKDSJFLKDSFJLDSF

My biggest issue right now with the P12 in general is that the perception is so low that high end West Coast kids don’t feel that they can win by staying home

Yes, it’s on us to change that narrative but losing in big spots only serves to reinforce

• Options
    edited June 2019
    guntlove said:

It's barely June and we're already out of it for Smalls, Ringo, Bothello, Bijan, and Ransom. The Johnny Wilson ship has sailed and Myles Murao seems to be long shot now. But everything is going great. No cause for concern whatsoever. We got 'em right where we want 'em. The coaches just need more tim to evaluate.

I think there's been a lot of positive news that suggests we'll be fine in a couple weeks. Can't get them all when damn near every school in the country wants this kid and the ones you mentioned. We need to get our fair share but we ain't getting them all. Covington looks just as physically talented as this kid so it's whatever.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Elite-safety-Lathan-Ransom-talks-finalists-Notre-Dame-Ohio-State-LSU-Oklahoma-Texas-132586009/

Oklahoma — “Oklahoma is winning every year. Every year they are in the playoffs or the Big 12 title winner. They have a great defensive coordinator in coach Grinch. I’m excited to see what they do this year. The defense could be as good as the offense and if that happens, they will contend for a title every single year. I really like coach Riley a lot. He’s great. The fans were crazy when I was up there and I know they have a strong alumni.”

Are you kidding me lol?

it's called fucking sales and we suck at it!!!! We literally have the best defense on the west coast, but he's more convinced that Oklahoma will be better in 1-2 years. That is called Oklahoma's recruiters are better than ours for selling Lathan.
    You think Jimmy didn't sell him UW's defensive success and NFL development? He just wasn't interested. UW ain't for everybody. Just because he's in Pac-12 recruiting territory doesn't mean he considers himself a West coast kid. Oklahoma and Texas are closer to Arizona than UW is. Some kids just aren't fucking interested no matter how good at sales you are and Jimmy Lake is pretty damn good. Can't get them all.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Elite-safety-Lathan-Ransom-talks-finalists-Notre-Dame-Ohio-State-LSU-Oklahoma-Texas-132586009/

Oklahoma — “Oklahoma is winning every year. Every year they are in the playoffs or the Big 12 title winner. They have a great defensive coordinator in coach Grinch. I’m excited to see what they do this year. The defense could be as good as the offense and if that happens, they will contend for a title every single year. I really like coach Riley a lot. He’s great. The fans were crazy when I was up there and I know they have a strong alumni.”

Are you kidding me lol?

it's called fucking sales and we suck at it!!!! We literally have the best defense on the west coast, but he's more convinced that Oklahoma will be better in 1-2 years. That is called Oklahoma's recruiters are better than ours for selling Lathan.
    You think Jimmy didn't sell him UW's defensive success and NFL development? He just wasn't interested. UW ain't for everybody. Just because he's in Pac-12 recruiting territory doesn't mean he considers himself a West coast kid. Oklahoma and Texas are closer to Arizona than UW is. Some kids just aren't fucking interested no matter how good at sales you are and Jimmy Lake is pretty damn good. Can't get them all.
    Would you say that Lake is damaged goods
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Can’t wait for some of the 2021 in state kids to say this about UW
    UW is in a power position to be more choosy with their in-state offers. Arizona is not.