Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Explanation for the banning of Harvey Road

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

The fact that DJs Tebow article was the Outrage of The Day, proves the point of the article. Despite the fact that some were cool with the article, just a bit annoyed it was on the front page.

I know you would LOVE to think that I was fuming over Derek's short opinion piece. That would really make your day. But the simple truth is that it doesn't belong on the front page. That was my problem. Content? Whatever.
    Obviously, I knew the Tebow piece would anger some people, and others would think, "what is he doing?" But I like the idea of periodically taking risks and shaking things up when done sincerely.
    Besides Passion who was truly angered by that piece?
    I wasn't angry but I strongly disagreed with the content. It is the same thing that kept me from getting Bow Down to Willingham.
    At first Bow Down to Willingham just seemed bitter, then it got political. So I bought another copy to give as a gift.... POW!!
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If it's Derek's site. He can do what he wants. Same thing with Kim & Dawgman.

The difference is Kim resorted to outright censorship on the paid board. I had no problem with Kim banning people who were going too far on the free boards. Big fucking deal. Its the censorship thats the problem. Derek isn't censoring anything (although ironically his non-football posts may need to be censored as they can curb the growth of the board).

If Derek wants to have a growing and flourishing husky football community that is desperately needed considering the lack of honest and objective alternatives then he'll moderate as needed. If he wants to have a big circle jerk, well its his decision to do so. I doubt that a little moderation here or there will change the entertainment and style of the overall board but it will encourage the growth of the community as many on dawgman are running for the exits.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,340
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If it took them this long WDWTA. Speaking only for me
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    although ironically his non-football posts may need to be censored as they can curb the growth of the board).
    But no one had an issue with the content...just that it was an NFL post on the front page...Just to be clear.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club

Is it wrong that I want to drop some citrus in this thread just to clarify what is offensive and what isn't?

LOL, just the other day I was thinking to myself what remarkable restraint you've demonstrated, given how many times you duped me over at HHv.1 with that thing.
  • Options
    I don't mind those type of posts...though it was essentially a political and divisive piece....but theres a time and place for that and if you want to grow a small community you can't post divisive stuff on a topic not related to husky football. At least move it to an OT board.

I know a few people who like Derek's books, are disappointed with Dawgman but won't join HH because they were turned off by the white guilt thing. I would just hate to see this type of stuff prevent many reasonable and informed husky fans from joining HH, and I would like to see Derek's voice grow.......Fuck, right now the big voices are Softy and fucking Kim. Jesus.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited July 2013

Is it wrong that I want to drop some citrus in this thread just to clarify what is offensive and what isn't?

LOL, just the other day I was thinking to myself what remarkable restraint you've demonstrated, given how many times you duped me over at HHv.1 with that thing.
    Have you been to the HHB site recently? Such a sad waste.
  • Options

Shit you got me.

Clendon help!
  • Options
    Founders Club

fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Shit you got me.

Clendon help!
    you should have seen that coming from outer space.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Shit you got me.

Clendon help!
    FMAAWRITPADOO.

I can't believe that actually worked.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    turned off by the white guilt thing.
    That happens when you have white guilt. Predictably
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Mooser42 said:

This all sounds like a great topic for a podcast.

Race and iDawg are about due for another real estate podcast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Shit you got me.

Clendon help!
    Never click on a link by Sven. Just a common rule.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Shit you got me.

Clendon help!
    Never click on a link by Sven. Just a common rule.
    Luckily Sven isn't here
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Whats a "Sven"?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

although ironically his non-football posts may need to be censored as they can curb the growth of the board).
    But no one had an issue with the content...just that it was an NFL post on the front page...Just to be clear.

Just to be clear, I thought the content was terrible but was ok with it's placement on the front page.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I didn't know that Harvey Road and DAO are the same person. Good to know...... he's always treated me like the Dawgshit that I am and I've had some interesting Internet repartee with the DAO half.