Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Explanation for the banning of Harvey Road

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,150
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I have just banned Harvey Road aka DUCKSareOVERRATED. Several months ago I told Harvey privately that I watched him single-handedly turn The Dawgboard into a cesspool and that I would not allow that to happen here. Harvey replied that Husky fans needed this site and that he would not sully what we were doing here. He said he was leaving and I told him that he could be an asset to us down the road and to come back if he ever wished to.

Recently, Harv reappeared on the scene. And as time went by, his sentiments had clearly changed and he began attacking newcomers who aren't yet part of the "inner circle" of people here. He and I had another heart-to-heart, and I told him that while I appreciate his humor in general, for this board to grow and become a robust counterbalance we can't have newbies hesitant to post for fear of being attacked by him. I told him I was ready to ban him and asked where he stood. He said that he is what he is, a Coug who hates Dawgs and doogs equally, and to ban him if I must. He asked that I post the reason for his banning on the site, and I told him no problem.

So there's the reasoning.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Every board is better off with Harv than without it. Derek, I think banning him just opens up a can of worms.

Also a bit hypocritical since we all complain how Kim is ban happy.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I think you made the right call.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013

Every board is better off with Harv than without it. Derek, I think banning him just opens up a can of worms.

A little Harv goes a long way. Boards are best when Harv is lurking and pops in every couple of months to liven things up and make his presence felt. If Derek takes Harv off his leash come September it will be interesting. If he does not, it will be less interesting.

And while I agree with the sentiment about Harv making newbies his own personal millcreekcoog, Harv wasn't exactly running a train on RoadDawg by himself.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options

This guy spent all morning campaigning for someone to get banned.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Harvey just lost track of the posts under one of his many aliases.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Harvey just lost track of the posts under one of his many aliases.
    He had two. Stop making stuff up. Not sure were that comes from.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Mooser42 said:

Harv has enough money to buy this bored and turn it into a pea patch.

It barely costs anything to run an internet forum like this and I guess you believed Harvey's various lies over the years about how wealthy he was.
  • Options

A little Harv goes a long way. Boards are best when Harv is lurking and pops in every couple or months or things to liven things up and make his presence felt. If Derek takes Harv off his leash come September it will be interesting. If he does not, it will be less interesting.

And while I agree with the sentiment about Harv making newbies his own personal millcreekcoog, Harv wasn't exactly running a train on RoadDawg by himself.
    RoadDawg was practically bending over inviting everyone to run a train on him. Did you see his posts the last 24 hours?

Derek look at your original message for this board though. Your advice was for those who don't get it to lurk for a while so they aren't exposed. RoadDawg clearly doesn't get it.

Harv is what he is. Anyone who takes his baiting seriously this forum is better off without them. I mean he basically ran that Bert Winthrop guy. Judging by his posts that was a good thing not a bad thing too.

This also sets a bad precedent which you always complained about Kim. If you aren't toeing the company line you get banned. Harv wasn't toeing your company line so he was banned. Sets a terrible precedent going forward. Just like dawgboard did when they banned Harv's "cfetters" account but allowed other fake accounts on there.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    It's a good thing we banned Harv. The bored is totally back on topic now.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options

A little Harv goes a long way. Boards are best when Harv is lurking and pops in every couple or months or things to liven things up and make his presence felt. If Derek takes Harv off his leash come September it will be interesting. If he does not, it will be less interesting.

RoadDawg was practically bending over inviting everyone to run a train on him. Did you see his posts the last 24 hours?

Derek look at your original message for this board though. Your advice was for those who don't get it to lurk for a while so they aren't exposed. RoadDawg clearly doesn't get it.

Harv is what he is. Anyone who takes his baiting seriously this forum is better off without them. I mean he basically ran that Bert Winthrop guy. Judging by his posts that was a good thing not a bad thing too.

This also sets a bad precedent which you always complained about Kim. If you aren't toeing the company line you get banned. Harv wasn't toeing your company line so he was banned. Sets a terrible precedent going forward. Just like dawgboard did when they banned Harv's "cfetters" account but allowed other fake accounts on there.
    Sandy.
  • Options

Lather, rinse, repeat.

No shit! Now we'll be talking about how Harv was banned instead of before. Either way this board is dominated by Harv.

He still wins.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mooser42 said:

Harv has enough money to buy this bored and turn it into a pea patch.

It barely costs anything to run an internet forum like this and I guess you believed Harvey's various lies over the years about how wealthy he was.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Staff!
    DJ = Kim?
  • Options

Lather, rinse, repeat.

No shit! Now we'll be talking about how Harv was banned instead of before. Either way this board is dominated by Harv.

He still wins.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    Could Harvs balls be any further down your throat?
  • Options

Lather, rinse, repeat.

He still wins.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    Could Dereks? RoadDawgs be any further down yours?

If you can't see how this banning then reaction is exactly what Harv wanted then I can't help you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The best advice might be to lurk awhile and get acclimated to the environment before posting. - Derek Johnson December of 2012.

"If you bash on the new guys you're gone!"- Derek Johnson July of 2013.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lather, rinse, repeat.

He still wins.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    Could Dereks? RoadDawgs be any further down yours?

If you can't see how this banning then reaction is exactly what Harv wanted then I can't help you.
    Did you just drop the equivalent of "I know I am but what are you"?

Good Christ. Stop.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes