Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

National Emergencies

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is the fact check on prior use of emergencies. Contrary to the bullshit argued above by Race and others, there is no similar precedent in the US.

https://apnews.com/03d60f47b89d49139d948fec0deeadaf

What bullshit

I listed the 28 active ones from CNN

Take it up with them
    You don't have to read much of the article. The main point is that prior presidents did not declare national emergencies for projects Congress won't fund. There is no precedent for that, and it's a flagrant constitutional violation.

As anyone with half a brain can see.
    That's a different point than saying I posted bullshit. I posted the actual evidence of the national emergencies. The reader can decide

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2019

This is the fact check on prior use of emergencies. Contrary to the bullshit argued above by Race and others, there is no similar precedent in the US.

What bullshit

Take it up with them
    You don't have to read much of the article. The main point is that prior presidents did not declare national emergencies for projects Congress won't fund. There is no precedent for that, and it's a flagrant constitutional violation.

That's a different point than saying I posted bullshit. I posted the actual evidence of the national emergencies. The reader can decide

You're hairsplitting. By posting that list, you implied "everybody is doing it" and national emergencies are the norm.
  • Options
    Dude61 said:

What bullshit

Take it up with them

Since 2001 POTUS have used NE to appropriate funds 18 times.
    huh?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

An open border certainly qualifies to people that love the country

So not you H

We’ve got an open border? Tell us another one.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

What bullshit

Take it up with them

Yes and which one of those in equivalent or setting precedent to what Trump is doing now?
  • Options
    We’ve never had a Government Coup taking down an elected President before now, either.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What bullshit

Take it up with them

You're hairsplitting. By posting that list, you implied "everybody is doing it" and national emergencies are the norm.
    I didn't imply anything. You seem upset. Were you this upset about the other 31?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019

We’ve never had a Government Coup taking down an elected President before now, either.

Do you remember
    Your President Nixon
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

What bullshit

Take it up with them

Yes and which one of those in equivalent or setting precedent to what Trump is doing now?
    And what was the precedent for the other 31?

Who cares? You don't want a wall. I do. Cry some more
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

IDRGAF about the wall. the $ is irrelevant. the rhetoric for it is a bit unfortunate and overblown, but if it makes people happy, fucking build it so we? can move on.

but this is a quick dodge. there's no fucking coup; that's about as dramatic as people threatening to leave the country if Trump's election stood up. and, it's not relevant to the issue being discussed. I thought we? didn't like but but but. that's a but but but of the first order.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Fat people are the emergency
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Congress has specifically granted the President express statutory authority to make this declaration.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Dude61 said:

Congress has specifically granted the President express statutory authority to make this declaration.

Sounds like an emergency.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

IDRGAF about the wall. the $ is irrelevant. the rhetoric for it is a bit unfortunate and overblown, but if it makes people happy, fucking build it so we? can move on.

but this is a quick dodge. there's no fucking coup; that's about as dramatic as people threatening to leave the country if Trump's election stood up. and, it's not relevant to the issue being discussed. I thought we? didn't like but but but. that's a but but but of the first order.
    Nailed it
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Wut?

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
  • Options
    Obtuse, a liar and stupid.

Got it!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Join me in the call for hondo's stupid friends to post here instead
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

An open border certainly qualifies to people that love the country

So not you H

We’ve got an open border? Tell us another one.
    CONCORD, N.H. -- Democratic presidential contender Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand says she could possibly support a call by former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas to tear down parts of the existing U.S.-Mexico border wall.

“I’d have to ask folks in that part of the country to see whether the fencing that exists today is helpful or unhelpful,” the senator from New York told Fox News on Friday, as she was campaigning in the first-in-the-nation presidential primary state of New Hampshire.

“I could look at it and see which part he means and why, and if it makes sense, I could support it,” Gillibrand added.

O'ROURKE CALLS FOR TEARING DOWN WALL

O’Rourke, who’s seriously mulling a White House bid of his own, said Thursday in an interview with NBC News that he’d “absolutely … take the wall down," referring to the barrier by El Paso, Texas.

O’Rourke, who came close to upsetting GOP Sen. Ted Cruz in last November’s Senate election in Texas, argued that the existing 600 miles of wall and fencing along the 2,000-mile border have “not in any demonstrable way made us safer.”