Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Great News!

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Ok, now I want the Yacht Master. I don't even own a Yacht.

You could pull it off too. You are a big guy. That's a 44MM watch, and on me would look like I was trying out for the new cast of Jersey Shore, but would look perfect on you. Plus the obvious row boat tie in. The nice thing about the Yacht Master is, while popular, it doesn't go for big bucks ABOVE MSRP. Right now if you want two of the three bezels on a GMT Master, any Submariner (one in particular), any Daytona, or any Skydweller you will pay 30-100% above MSRP to get one. Or, you can get on a waiting list at an AD. Average wait time for an MSRP Daytona sits at about 8 years right now. So, if you want one, shell out 23K, or wait 8 years to get it for 12.5K. Great.

The Yacht Master, along with the Sea Dweller, Milgauss and Explorer are the best deals going right now in Rolex because they are awesome watches, and you can actually get them at or near MSRP.

Here is a sweet 2006 vintage YM for sale at another place. There have been some really cool color combos over the years.

IMHO never buy a second hand Rolex that doesn't have box and papers (warranty card). You will pay a premium for those, but it matters greatly to the value of the watch long term.
    In all seriousness I would only feel comfortable wearing that watch if I have a sailing yacht > 40 feet moored in Marina Del Ray with only Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac and the Doobies allowed on the stereo.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019

Swaye said:

You could pull it off too. You are a big guy. That's a 44MM watch, and on me would look like I was trying out for the new cast of Jersey Shore, but would look perfect on you. Plus the obvious row boat tie in. The nice thing about the Yacht Master is, while popular, it doesn't go for big bucks ABOVE MSRP. Right now if you want two of the three bezels on a GMT Master, any Submariner (one in particular), any Daytona, or any Skydweller you will pay 30-100% above MSRP to get one. Or, you can get on a waiting list at an AD. Average wait time for an MSRP Daytona sits at about 8 years right now. So, if you want one, shell out 23K, or wait 8 years to get it for 12.5K. Great.

The Yacht Master, along with the Sea Dweller, Milgauss and Explorer are the best deals going right now in Rolex because they are awesome watches, and you can actually get them at or near MSRP.

Here is a sweet 2006 vintage YM for sale at another place. There have been some really cool color combos over the years.

IMHO never buy a second hand Rolex that doesn't have box and papers (warranty card). You will pay a premium for those, but it matters greatly to the value of the watch long term.
    In all seriousness I would only feel comfortable wearing that watch if I have a sailing yacht > 40 feet moored in Marina Del Ray with only Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac and the Doobies allowed on the stereo.
    Leave your wife and this can happen. No gay shit either. Just two dudes, Stevie Nicks, a pound of blow, some Rolexes and a big ass boat.

edit: This sounds sort of gay. Sort of.
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Leave your wife and this can happen. No gay shit either. Just two dudes, Stevie Nicks, a pound of blow, some Rolexes and a big ass boat.

edit: This sounds sort of gay. Sort of.

YBFE

Also, only an HH can a thread about watches end up here.
    Founders Club
    And, in other news, I have achieved the trade. Ended up expanding the deal to three watches and cash for two watches. Expect a piece soon on one of the two new watches. My collection is down to four watches now. I keep trading up. Last year I did a two for one trade to get my first Rolex. Later last year I did a two for one to get a really nice Omega, which I just included in the three for two deal for the two new watches.

I have discovered over the last few years as I get more into this horology bit, that as much as I love all makers of fine watches, there are only two brands that retain value if you go to trade them or need to sell them. So, I am working my entire collection toward Rolex (and that NOMOS because I simply love it and will likely never sell it). I can't afford Patek. And Rolex are expensive, because you can't get them cheaper used, so I can't have as many. More on this later perhaps. The economics of watches that is.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

And, in other news, I have achieved the trade. Ended up expanding the deal to three watches and cash for two watches. Expect a piece soon on one of the two new watches. My collection is down to four watches now. I keep trading up. Last year I did a two for one trade to get my first Rolex. Later last year I did a two for one to get a really nice Omega, which I just included in the three for two deal for the two new watches.

I have discovered over the last few years as I get more into this horology bit, that as much as I love all makers of fine watches, there are only two brands that retain value if you go to trade them or need to sell them. So, I am working my entire collection toward Rolex (and that NOMOS because I simply love it and will likely never sell it). I can't afford Patek. And Rolex are expensive, because you can't get them cheaper used, so I can't have as many. More on this later perhaps. The economics of watches that is.

Pins and needles over here.

;)
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

;)
    Very hurtful.
    Founders Club

So are you coming to a game up his this fall or what? We need to go to Ben Bridge in U Village to ogle Rolex’s and Laurelhurst MILFS.

Rolex + MILFs sounds like just about the best day I could imagine. Can we be drunk and go for perfection?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

;)
    Very hurtful.
    :wink:
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Pics?
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Pics?
    I just shipped my trade watches off today. Should get my new watches next week. I'll provide a picture. Might tape it to your door if you promise not to call the cops.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

So are you coming to a game up his this fall or what? We need to go to Ben Bridge in U Village to ogle Rolex’s and Laurelhurst MILFS.

Rolex + MILFs+ The Zone sounds like just about the best day I could imagine. Can we be drunk and go for perfection?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Pics?
    I just shipped my trade watches off today. Should get my new watches next week. I'll provide a picture. Might tape it to your door if you promise not to call the cops.
    That’s fine...as long the photo is of the watch.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watch horse trading sounds scary to me. My daddy had to sell a Cartier in the early 90s to some @PurpleBaze type dude who just beat him up on price.
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Pics?
    That’s fine...as long the photo is of the watch.
    Well, the watch will be in the picture. I can't speak to what else might show up.
    Founders Club

Watch horse trading sounds scary to me. My daddy had to sell a Cartier in the early 90s to some @PurpleBaze type dude who just beat him up on price.

Yeah, it's kind of a bizarre world in the second hand market.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019
    Never try to haggle with a Middle Easterner.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019
    Old, lame, and weird is no way to go through life. I’m kidding, but watches are pointless. You might as well splurge for a diamond bracelet.