Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

another 2 African American starters out...

...Due to serious criminal activity (at TA&M this time). Is anybody ever going to have the balls to make comparisons to white student athletes and the statistical comparisons that show their ability to stay out of trouble while on scholarship? The facts, percentages and other pertinent statistics, are there. Why is this overlooked? How long are we going to brush this under the table before we ask WHY and react? No more with the "years of oppression ", or "discrimination ", or "growing up in a poor and difficult neighborhood or family life"! I want some freaken accountability and answers. How long until the facts emerge and this shit is brought to the pubic that should force university presidents, AD's and coaches to do something about it.

. Why are there roughly 70% african american scholarship football players who get in notable trouble with the law compared to white student athletes? For example, Of BYU's 70 athletes suspended for honor code violations in one arbitrary year, 80% were minority. Can someone explain? EVERYDAY there is a story of an African American student athlete getting arrested around the country and suspended (until the BIG game of course.) on the ESPN college football website among others.

This is an observation, not a racist comment. I'm a black man for all you know, so don't go there. I'm just tired of my brothers getting pinched by an exponential differential, and nothing being done about it.

I want more permanent suspensions, more scholarships revoked to create a deterrent to criminal behavior or ANY university code of conduct., not just a 3-game suspension during insignificant non-conference games. I'm tired of the get-out-of-jail-free passes that college athletes get today, both black and white players, but overwhelmingly black.

These allegations against the 'A&M defensive backs were VERY SERIOUS in nature. ASJ is in that group, but of less serious nature in comparison (nobody got hurt and whites' prolly compare similarly. But come on, Austin didnt hold somebody up or rob a seven-eleven. He had a few beers. We'll see how serious TAMU and the SEC is about discipline...not very I assume, and the public, universities and fans will blow it off. (see Jordan Jefferson)

When's the last time a white college scholarship athlete like Jarrett Lee (the winning qb who lost his job to the punk Jefferson after his suspension was revoked) or any white player for that matter, beat up, then kick a guy while he was down...then regained his starting job. Les Miles lost all my respect, but Les is just an example of most college football coaches, except maybe guys like Mike Riley.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pics to prove you are black or you will be white by default.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    "I'm a black man for all you know".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
    Founders Club
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I think he's trying to be funny. He calls Jarrett Lee a "winning quarterback". That's the guy who threw 16 interceptions in a season, 7 of which were returned for touchdowns. And LSU had another player arrested and suspended for that bar fight he's referencing. White linebacker Josh Johns.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
    Founders Club
    Is there anybody monitoring this board?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Aaron Hernandez and I shot a couple of classless motherfuckers together after reading this thread.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion won't be upset by the content of this post, he will just note that it belongs in the General forum. Trust me. He sees this on a daily basis. Doesn't even register on the meter of stuff that offends him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    It's obvious that there are some trolls here whose intent is to disrupt and eff up this forum before it can get started. Please have the mods ban those guys pronto.

I've been the mod of my own hobby board for years. If you don't ban those guys quickly and often, this board will get out of hand.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

...Due to serious criminal activity (at TA&M this time). Is anybody ever going to have the balls to make comparisons to white student athletes and the statistical comparisons that show their ability to stay out of trouble while on scholarship? The facts, percentages and other pertinent statistics, are there. Why is this overlooked? How long are we going to brush this under the table before we ask WHY and react? No more with the "years of oppression ", or "discrimination ", or "growing up in a poor and difficult neighborhood or family life"! I want some freaken accountability and answers. How long until the facts emerge and this shit is brought to the pubic that should force university presidents, AD's and coaches to do something about it.

. Why are there roughly 70% african american scholarship football players who get in notable trouble with the law compared to white student athletes? For example, Of BYU's 70 athletes suspended for honor code violations in one arbitrary year, 80% were minority. Can someone explain? EVERYDAY there is a story of an African American student athlete getting arrested around the country and suspended (until the BIG game of course.) on the ESPN college football website among others.

This is an observation, not a racist comment. I'm a black man for all you know, so don't go there. I'm just tired of my brothers getting pinched by an exponential differential, and nothing being done about it.

I want more permanent suspensions, more scholarships revoked to create a deterrent to criminal behavior or ANY university code of conduct., not just a 3-game suspension during insignificant non-conference games. I'm tired of the get-out-of-jail-free passes that college athletes get today, both black and white players, but overwhelmingly black.

These allegations against the 'A&M defensive backs were VERY SERIOUS in nature. ASJ is in that group, but of less serious nature in comparison (nobody got hurt and whites' prolly compare similarly. But come on, Austin didnt hold somebody up or rob a seven-eleven. He had a few beers. We'll see how serious TAMU and the SEC is about discipline...not very I assume, and the public, universities and fans will blow it off. (see Jordan Jefferson)

When's the last time a white college scholarship athlete like Jarrett Lee (the winning qb who lost his job to the punk Jefferson after his suspension was revoked) or any white player for that matter, beat up, then kick a guy while he was down...then regained his starting job. Les Miles lost all my respect, but Les is just an example of most college football coaches, except maybe guys like Mike Riley.

Disagree

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    exponential differential? throwing a little calculus into the op ed seems to be pressing
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, the BYU answer is easy.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,018
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Is there anybody monitoring this board?

No
  • Options
    HarveyRoadHarveyRoad Member Posts: 121
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    I vote we keep the Cracker and run RoadDawg55. Every time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

"We"?

Lol

• Options
    HarveyRoadHarveyRoad Member Posts: 121
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary

"We"?

Lol

Me and the higher-ups. "We".

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

"We"?

Lol

Me and the higher-ups. "We".

Hope this helps.
    . That post is getting some big belly laughs in the higher ups room as we speak.