Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

the only ranked team on UW's schedule right now

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon's 25 now. Even when we're good, we? lose to Cal and ASU on the road, so if it ends up better than 8-4, I'll be shocked.

Who are the 6 wins?

Colorado,
    Arizona
    Stanford?

Who else? Uw won’t be favored big in any other games. 5 -7 isn’t out of the question. At all

Yes it is. They aren’t going 5-7. If Penix stays healthy they will win at least 8 games.
    Big if though. From what I've seen this team can't beat a pac 12 team with Morris and an average at best running game.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,683 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Oregon's 25 now. Even when we're good, we? lose to Cal and ASU on the road, so if it ends up better than 8-4, I'll be shocked.

Who are the 6 wins?

Colorado,
    Arizona
    Stanford?

Who else? Uw won’t be favored big in any other games. 5 -7 isn’t out of the question. At all

Yes it is. They aren’t going 5-7. If Penix stays healthy they will win at least 8 games.
    Big if though. From what I've seen this team can't beat a pac 12 team with Morris and an average at best running game.
    Morris was in every game last year. Its not like he got blown out. With Morris this team is likely 6-6
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

Who are the 6 wins?

Colorado,
    Arizona
    Stanford?

I agree, but I don’t think it will be like last year. We can still beat a mid level PAC 12 team with Morris.

I’m not as down on the running game. I think it’s a league average run game and we have the 2nd best passing attack after USC.

chuck said:

Who are the 6 wins?

Colorado,
    Arizona
    Stanford?

Morris was in every game last year. Its not like he got blown out. With Morris this team is likely 6-6
    UWs defense last year sold out to stop the pass and made teams grind it out on the ground, which they were successful at doing in every game. That's the only reason the Morris led offense stayed in games IMO.

This year's defense is going to stop the run light years better, but doesn't have the talent on the back end to contain passing games with a pulse. Every team left on the schedule can throw the ball.

Morris, to me, is a game manager at his best. The offense won't hang with teams that can put up quick points with him in there. That's my fear.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,616 Founders Club

Who are the 6 wins?

Colorado,
    Arizona
    Stanford?

I'm too lazy to look up the schedule but clearly with adequate coaching they can win seven or eight games. Beating the top third of the conference will be tough. I said 6-6 but they've done what they're supposed to so far.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2022
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Who are the 6 wins?

Colorado,
    Arizona
    Stanford?

UWs defense last year sold out to stop the pass and made teams grind it out on the ground, which they were successful at doing in every game. That's the only reason the Morris led offense stayed in games IMO.

This year's defense is going to stop the run light years better, but doesn't have the talent on the back end to contain passing games with a pulse. Every team left on the schedule can throw the ball.

Morris, to me, is a game manager at his best. The offense won't hang with teams that can put up quick points with him in there. That's my fear.
    Oregon state, colorado and cal all suck at throwing the ball. Uw is not a great team, but if you can’t win 3 conference games with Morris as your qb just quit. He sucks but so does the conference. Arizona and Stanford also suck really bad. That is 5 very winnable games regardless of who is playing qb.

chuck said:

chuck said:

Who are the 6 wins?

Colorado,
    Arizona
    Stanford?

Oregon state, colorado and cal all suck at throwing the ball. Uw is not a great team, but if you can’t win 3 conference games with Morris as your qb just quit. He sucks but so does the conference. Arizona and Stanford also suck really bad. That is 5 very winnable games regardless of who is playing qb.
    I agree there are winnable games in that scenario, but they'd be tossups in my mind. Those teams you mentioned can't pass against regular defenses, but they have the athletes and arms to pick apart an inept pass defense.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,620 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW needed NFL db's because their pass rush was ass under Petersen. Our pass rushing unit should be towards the top 3rd of the conference at worse now, even though there were a lot of missed sacks in the Kent State game where they got there and simply whiffed. ZTF also still has to prove it wasn't just a fluke in 2020 from playing 3 weak teams.

But I don't think conference play is just going to be the other side of the coin where offenses think they can just pass most of the time and destroy the defense. And most of these coaches don't have the balls to take a bunch of deep shots.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    I do not think UW could win with Morris under any circumstance. He came in late two weeks in a row against crap teams and still looked like shit. Haven't seen the depth chart but methinks he is now turd on the list. Huard is a number two.

Turd and Number two - kind of shitty, it seems we are backed up with crap at QB
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,189

if we only win 7 i'm deleting my account and jumping off the nearest water tower

All.the screen.shots.I.need.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,468 Swaye's Wigwam
    We've seen 99% of Morris under Jondon. So far every single player from last year has looked better under this staff so I would expect Morris to be a very functional game manager at least if he had to play any legitimate time with the 1s
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,885 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

We've seen 99% of Morris under Jondon. So far every single player from last year has looked better under this staff so I would expect Morris to be a very functional game manager at least if he had to play any legitimate time with the 1s

You would
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    LebamDawg said:

I do not think UW could win with Morris under any circumstance. He came in late two weeks in a row against crap teams and still looked like shit. Haven't seen the depth chart but methinks he is now turd on the list. Huard is a number two.

Okay so if that’s the case, why in the fuck is a guy that can’t beat Morris out and looked like a Big Sky QB against WSU still getting talked about?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,885 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

Okay so if that’s the case, why in the fuck is a guy that can’t beat Morris out and looked like a Big Sky QB against WSU still getting talked about?
    His last name plus tbs