Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dan Lanning is a great recruiter

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Oregon recruits well

And

No one on Oregon could start at Georgia

aren’t mutually exclusive.

Not all 4* are equal and not all 5* are equal. Oregon’s talent stacks up well with any school not named Ohio St, Alabama, aTm, and Georgia.

And the difference between those 4 and the rest is measured in miles, not inches.

I expect Oregon to be more than competitive in every game from here on out, including Utah and USC, from a talent perspective, but if they tackle like they did today, they’ll get their doors blown off at least twice or 3 more times this year.

That was a pathetic display of defense. Just miserable.

As said before. The defense looked slow and stupid. The offense was cristobaesque.

We’ll see what happens.

Offense didn’t look like Cristobal at all. We schemed guys into space and Nix threw 37 times.

If anything we didn’t run enough early.
    Anything that goes wrong this season will be Cristobalesque.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,751
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Who knew that Georgia is as good as Oregon used to be… LOL

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2022
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Oregon recruits well

And

Not all 4* are equal and not all 5* are equal. Oregon’s talent stacks up well with any school not named Ohio St, Alabama, aTm, and Georgia.

And the difference between those 4 and the rest is measured in miles, not inches.

I expect Oregon to be more than competitive in every game from here on out, including Utah and USC, from a talent perspective, but if they tackle like they did today, they’ll get their doors blown off at least twice or 3 more times this year.

As said before. The defense looked slow and stupid. The offense was cristobaesque.

We’ll see what happens.

Offense didn’t look like Cristobal at all. We schemed guys into space and Nix threw 37 times.

I mean lack of imagination. There was nothing modern about what they were doing. Get guys in space. It’s college football not a Rubik’s cube.

I’m concerned you think they were getting guys in space. When was that?
    dtd said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Oregon recruits well

And

We’ll see what happens.

I mean lack of imagination. There was nothing modern about what they were doing. Get guys in space. It’s college football not a Rubik’s cube.

I’m concerned you think they were getting guys in space. When was that?
    When UGA had the ball.
    I laughed.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    That looked like the same Oregon team I watched play out the string for Meat last year. Why are we surprised?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The big take away is how much the Georgia D missed their old coordinator

Or did they?

Hard to tell with an OC that lost to Jacksonville State while coaching at Florida State
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon ended the season soft and started this season soft.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck …
    TheHB said:

The two best teams in this league last season got torn to shreds by the national champions and lost to 6-7 Florida.

This after losing to a coachless Oklahoma and Ohio State’s second string roster in their bowl games.

Not sure what that says about the rest of you but I don’t think it’s good news.
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

The two best teams in this league last season got torn to shreds by the national champions and lost to 6-7 Florida.

This after losing to a coachless Oklahoma and Ohio State’s second string roster in their bowl games.

Tells me Oregon and Utah are overrated and eminently beatable by the rest of us(?)
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Tells me Oregon and Utah are overrated and eminently beatable by the rest of us(?)
    Said it all summer. Pac is shit and 5 teams are legit contenders (SC, UCLA, UW, UO, UU) and you can throw in Beavlet if you want (I don't, Boise is overrated af). 2 are going to underwhelm and be 8 win teams, and it will be Oregon if they don't commit to their OL and running the ball because they don't have a QB (again) and I think Utah has too many problems this year anyways.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Said it all summer. Pac is shit and 5 teams are legit contenders (SC, UCLA, UW, UO, UU) and you can throw in Beavlet if you want (I don't, Boise is overrated af). 2 are going to underwhelm and be 8 win teams, and it will be Oregon if they don't commit to their OL and running the ball because they don't have a QB (again) and I think Utah has too many problems this year anyways.
    What in the hell happened to boise? They looked bottom 3rd of mwc last night
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

What in the hell happened to boise? They looked bottom 3rd of mwc last night
    Didn't watch much of the game, but in a 34-17 outcome I read that Beavlet got 17 points off of turnovers.

Still going to avoid all Beavlet for awhile, the Beavlet fluffing last year and this is getting retarded.
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Then do it.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Then do it.
    Maybe I will, tough guy.
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Then do it.