Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Does this stop expansion dead in it's tracks? I think it may.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

Everything that made college football what it was is being destroyed

It already has been destroyed. I think this destroys it less.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

Pac 12 needs to work the balls better than that to keep UW and Oregon from leaving.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,216
    89ute said:

7 - 6 PAC champion makes the playoffs? Sounds good to me!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club
    I'll watch the NFL

Don't care about the minor league playoffs
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,573 Founders Club
    They won't stop at 12. By 2028 it'll be 16 or 32 if they think they can get away with it.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,669 Standard Supporter
    nothing USED to beat college football. I gave up on pro sports years ago and hope I can still love CF.
    The division II schools have had playoffs for years - I hope to hell that the big boys can make it work.

Being old I loved to old way and all the arguments over who was number one.
    I blame ESPN for fucking it all up. I hate ESPN and refuse to watch it unless it is a big college game.

and @race you be right NOGAF

Whenever people asked me why I’m such a big college football fan my #1 answer was always every game is the playoffs. I think basically making one bowl game the national championship was the right move and it should have stopped there.

As long as schools still hate each other the meaningless postseason games still matter and college football still has something on pro sports.

Backyard brawl last night >>>> any fucking NFL playoff game in recent years outside of the super bowl
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club
    This is funny. Also I pity the fool that follows Saban and fails to make the expanded playoffs. That might be entertaining

This is funny. Also I pity the fool that follows Saban and fails to make the expanded playoffs. That might be entertaining

BYU isn't getting on the bus. Ever. America learned their lesson.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,052 Founders Club

I'll watch the NFL

Don't care about the minor league playoffs

The Big Swinging Dick Herbert wagon still has seats. Climb on board.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,052 Founders Club
    edited September 2022
    haie said:

Whenever people asked me why I’m such a big college football fan my #1 answer was always every game is the playoffs. I think basically making one bowl game the national championship was the right move and it should have stopped there.

As long as schools still hate each other the meaningless postseason games still matter and college football still has something on pro sports.

Backyard brawl last night >>>> any fucking NFL playoff game in recent years outside of the super bowl
    Do they ? My hatred of the Ducks is a fraction of what it used to be. I’m more like a solid meh now.

haie said:

Do they ? My hatred of the Ducks is a fraction of what it used to be. I’m more like a solid meh now.
    UW and Oregon are in a weird spot right now though.

It's them vs the poors that feel entitled to equal revenue sharing atm.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    So now they can jam 5 SUCKEC frauds in it
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    I kinda miss the days when we? actually tried to get the two best tims in the natty. We fucked it up sometims but hooray, now we have a scenario where the best team in the nation would have been the 5th seed last year. That's totally the right thing to do.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,591 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is way, way better than a 4 team playoff with neutered NY6 bowls for those that dont make it

You have to be a FS boomer to think otherwise