Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

CFP to expand to 12 teams in 2026

2»

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter

This is way, way better than a 4 team playoff with neutered NY6 bowls for those that dont make it

You have to be a FS boomer to think otherwise

4 teams was a half measure. I'm actually shocked the change progressed so quickly.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    ntxduck said:

The first round home field games will last until the first time an SEC team has to play at UW/Oregon/Michigan/Penn state in December and gets rocked in the cold rain/snow. Then overnight it will change to all neutral sure games

Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan and Michigan State would be tough in December for the SEC
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

So now they can jam 5 SUCKEC frauds in it

True, but that will only fly once. The better teams will win. If the SEC top 5 are better than the rest of the country they will win.

Those 5 through 8 seed home games are going to be fun to watch.

College football is ruined but at least this is an improvement.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    89ute said:

Does this stop expansion dead in it's tracks? I think it may.

Actually speeds it up. P2 left (SEC/B10) will want more teams in their league so they can get more teams in playoff.

And after they are done picking thru the other three "P5" conferences teams they want there is no 0.00% chance there are AQ for those leagues or G5. Best 12 teams will be in.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    haie said:

89ute said:

Pac 12 needs to work the balls better than that to keep UW and Oregon from leaving.
    Or come up with only another 40 million dollars per team yearly so they stay
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

89ute said:

Actually speeds it up. P2 left (SEC/B10) will want more teams in their league so they can get more teams in playoff.

And after they are done picking thru the other three "P5" conferences teams they want there is no 0.00% chance there are AQ for those leagues or G5. Best 12 teams will be in.
    6 highest ranked conf champs - most likely all 5 P5 champs and the best of the G5s. True, the remaining 6 will be skewed SEC and BIG.

Since Worshington is about to get the nod to the BIG, do you think your chances are better in the BIG, or just beating Utah and Oregon to get in?

I get that TV money is 2X bigger than what the Pac 10 will get but some if that is eaten up sending your chicks and boys swim team to east coast.

Plus, I struggle to understand why a school who generates over 5 billion in revenue per year gives a fuck about 60mm a year over 30mm. This goes for any of the remaining Pac schools.

USC and UCLA just made the path to the playoff not only easier, it's guaranteed.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    haie said:

Whenever people asked me why I’m such a big college football fan my #1 answer was always every game is the playoffs. I think basically making one bowl game the national championship was the right move and it should have stopped there.

As long as schools still hate each other the meaningless postseason games still matter and college football still has something on pro sports.

Backyard brawl last night >>>> any fucking NFL playoff game in recent years outside of the super bowl
    Not so sure "schools" hate each other as much any more. UWs best lineman is a duck. Obviously not a lot of hate there.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
    The four team playoff reduced rhe number of post season games that anyone cares about to three. Even the semis have been pretty meh.

This makes for more games that people may actually be excited for, and gives a team that faltered early but finished strong a chance to get I on the championship conversation.

It will probably suck for all the reasons mentioned plus a few that nobody has thought of. I feel like this has to happen though.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,573 Founders Club

haie said:

Whenever people asked me why I’m such a big college football fan my #1 answer was always every game is the playoffs. I think basically making one bowl game the national championship was the right move and it should have stopped there.

As long as schools still hate each other the meaningless postseason games still matter and college football still has something on pro sports.

Backyard brawl last night >>>> any fucking NFL playoff game in recent years outside of the super bowl
    Not so sure "schools" hate each other as much any more. UWs best lineman is a duck. Obviously not a lot of hate there.
    Hey, he said he'd always be a Dawg!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Tuli didn't transfer to Oregon.
    haie said:

haie said:

Taimani Did. Don't pretend that was no big deal.
    edited September 2022

haie said:

Hey, he said he'd always be a Dawg!
    For life! Like all the other transfers.

My concern is Penix is a Hoosier for life!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

haie said:

haie said:

Taimani Did. Don't pretend that was no big deal.
    Slow and not strong enough for his role in UW's scheme last year.

Yes it's a problem that he was a starter. Bandes and some others are looking like busts. Converted OL starting is another bad sign.

But he had a fumble recovery against Beavlet (that he didn't create) and a blocked pass against Colorado and that's it. He's really mediocre and after 3 seasons probably wasn't going to turn a corner.

Tuli was and is our best DL and 2nd team, maybe 1st team AC this year unless he gets hurt.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    89ute said:

So now they can jam 5 SUCKEC frauds in it

True, but that will only fly once. The better teams will win. If the SEC top 5 are better than the rest of the country they will win.

Those 5 through 8 seed home games are going to be fun to watch.

College football is ruined but at least this is an improvement.
    It's a slight improvement. Eight, twelve, or sixteen beats Clumpson, two Sec teams, and Ohio State every fucking year.

It was better with the old bowl games. They just needed a plus one after all the old bowl arrangements.