Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

People forget

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    El_K said:

Emergency was a great show as a kid I wanted to be John Gage and get people who had fallen over a cliff rescued.
    Watching it now on METv isn't quite the same, but I saw the allure. I never noticed, but Gage and DeSoto would just call into Rampart Hospital for advice on what to do and what medicine to administer.

I am guessing CHiPs had the same impact on kids to be cops/highway patrol

I loved Chips when I was 7.

Watching it as an adult, it seems cornball
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    El_K said:

Emergency was a great show as a kid I wanted to be John Gage and get people who had fallen over a cliff rescued.
    Watching it now on METv isn't quite the same, but I saw the allure. I never noticed, but Gage and DeSoto would just call into Rampart Hospital for advice on what to do and what medicine to administer.

I don’t remember wanting to be a cop because of watching CHiPs but I’ll say this, fuck being a highway patrol cop. That’s gotta the most boring police job around.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

El_K said:

I don’t remember wanting to be a cop because of watching CHiPs but I’ll say this, fuck being a highway patrol cop. That’s gotta the most boring police job around.
    As a kid I was always amazed with the crashes they had on Chips. I figured it was all Hollywood. Then I moved to California and see those type of crashes in real life. It’s amazing.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

El_K said:

I loved Chips when I was 7.
    Not surprised.