Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

People forget

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
How three TV channels brought us together. Shared pop culture

The Super Bowl doesn't get 78 million

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boy the way Glenn Miller Played
    Songs that made the Hit Parade
    Guys like us we had it made
    Those were the days.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I tried to explain rabbit ears to my 11 year old the other day and gave up
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just under 200 million people in 67

So about 36% of everyone watched
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did not watch - I was in boot camp serving my divided country - you know there was a war going on, don't you?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

I did not watch - I was in boot camp serving my divided country - you know there was a war going on, don't you?

World War 2? I read all about it.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watch reruns of 60s and 70s shows all the time. It's a good window into what what the thinking was back then. I was watching Emergency! the other day. Mom isn't watching her 9 year old who went to the neighbors and got hurt. The paramedic commented "that's what you get for not watching your kid". 😆
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I watch reruns of 60s and 70s shows all the time. It's a good window into what what the thinking was back then. I was watching Emergency! the other day. Mom isn't watching her 9 year old who went to the neighbors and got hurt. The paramedic commented "that's what you get for not watching your kid". 😆

Today that paramedic gets kicked off of Facebook and gets called a male Karen… take it to the Tug!!!
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I do also - and old movies, I watched one of Frank Sinatra'a movies where he is the tough detective (Tony Rome?) and it glorified homosexuality. I never realized the Disney crew was active back in those days trying to show how alternate life styles needed to be accepted.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I’m currently on a Rockford Files/Kojak bender…lots of wisdom thrown around
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club

I have never heard of The Fugitive. That's kind of amazing. I did watch Emergency! when I was 5-6-7-8 years old. I got a fireman's helmet for one Christmas. My obsessions around that age were Husky Football, Six Million Dollar Man, Bigfoot, astronomy and Emergency!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

Ride or die with Dragnet.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have never heard of The Fugitive. That's kind of amazing. I did watch Emergency! when I was 5-6-7-8 years old. I got a fireman's helmet for one Christmas. My obsessions around that age were Husky Football, Six Million Dollar Man, Bigfoot, astronomy and Emergency!

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

100 million watched the super bowl last year, but your point about percentage of population stands.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The fugitive was a poorly written rip off of the great expectations storyline with the elusive one armed man literary device… I tried to tell everyone that I knew at the time, and no one would listen
  • Options
    HairySavalasHairySavalas Member Posts: 68
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Fishpo31 said:

I’m currently on a Rockford Files/Kojak bender…lots of wisdom thrown around
    @HairySavalas ?
    @Fishpo31,

Who loves ya, baby?
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emergency was a great show as a kid I wanted to be John Gage and get people who had fallen over a cliff rescued.
    Watching it now on METv isn't quite the same, but I saw the allure. I never noticed, but Gage and DeSoto would just call into Rampart Hospital for advice on what to do and what medicine to administer.

I am guessing CHiPs had the same impact on kids to be cops/highway patrol