Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Desperation is a bad look

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,801
    It looks like it is printed on a bath towel.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,673 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

It looks like it is printed on a bath towel.

That would be a grim gift
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    haie said:

Everything I've read this is just how he is. Doesn't swear or scream at players, etc. If you build winnings teams with this kind of mindset then who gives a fuck.

IF he builds winning teams. Winning in the glorified high school division is not the same as winning in D1.

12-6 at FSU isn't how I would define winning. He sucks until he does't. Nothings changed with me.

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,625
    Reaching here. This is pretty standard for any new coach.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,206
    LawDawg1 said:

It looks like it is printed on a cum towel.

gotta get butts in seats somehow!
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Win, and they will come.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

alumni94 said:

Win, and they will come.

Not really. We won in 2016 and they never came like the mid 90s. Them days are never coming back.
    Need to do it a few years in a row. But I hear you. Football is dead on the west coast.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,620 Swaye's Wigwam

alumni94 said:

Win, and they will come.

Not really. We won in 2016 and they never came like the mid 90s. Them days are never coming back.
    I remember it being packed every game after Stanford. Some people didn't show up for PSU and Idaho.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ll be there on Saturday. Free tickets.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam

alumni94 said:

Win, and they will come.

I only went to Stanford and USC that year, and both were sold out and loud. Secondary market tickets to USC were over $200 per.

alumni94 said:

Win, and they will come.

I only went to Stanford and USC that year, and both were sold out and loud. Secondary market tickets to USC were over $200 per.
    Yeah this narrative is dumb. I went to most games in 16-18 and half of them in 19.

We need to pack the house for a 4-8 team against ASU to prove we give a shit or something.

They did do that 40 years ago. Good for them. I hate the fairweather fans and alums anyways.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I don’t blame DeBoner for my apathy.

He’s just a guy trying to do his best with the hand that was dealt.

I guess. But he was a meh hire and immediately turned out to be a meh recruiter. DeBoer lost his best lineman to (wh)Oregon (lol), who has a first year coach. Best receiver to SC, who has a new coach. He owns some of my apathy.
    edited August 2022

haie said:

alumni94 said:

Win, and they will come.

Yeah this narrative is dumb. I went to most games in 16-18 and half of them in 19.

We need to pack the house for a 4-8 team against ASU to prove we give a shit or something.

They did do that 40 years ago. Good for them. I hate the fairweather fans and alums anyways.
    We rarely packed the house against shit teams. Ever. 1990-1991 Was an anomaly in history.

Of you don’t have season tickets you don’t have to fuck up Labor Day weekend with a 7:30 shit game. PSU can be had for $10. I’m going to that. 1:00 tip off and I got parking in E12 for $50. Waiting get tickets but as of now good seats in the $60 range. MSU tickets are higher, but even it is a hot ticket and pay more, I’m still way ahead over all.

I also go burned on a couple bowl games. Shitty seats from the UW when I could have had much better seats for less money on the secondary market #neverforget.
    We went through the fiesta bowl website I thought and got stuck right in the middle of PSU fans in a pretty shitty area. That did not go over well. They don't like being made fun of for the Sandusky stuff.

Agree that just getting a handful of games you want can't be beat. I want to go to PSU and MSU but have funerals and kids baptisms and fuck staying overnight in Seattle for Kent State. Has to be a conference game against a team that is not an Arizona/Colorado/Utah type to put up with No Fun City afterwards.