Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top 5 Dog Breeds I would NOT Own As A Veterinarian

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,878

Btw, WOOD

Doggy style, no doubt?

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,964
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm a dog guy. I've had a few German Shepherds, a couple of Siberian Huskies and two malamutes in addition to many other mixes. Those are the three breeds I'd never have again. Shepherds are too smart and high strung. They need a job worse than anything. Huskies and malamutes are just assholes who do whatever they want.

We adopted a one year old labradoodle several years ago. It was actually a rescue from a wild couple we knew who weren't taking good care of him. He's cool as shit. He's about the size of a skinny great Dane, shaped pretty much like a poodle, but with the personality of a big, goofy lab. He's a little obsessive about playing his games...fetch, racing, tug of war, etc, but he's fun as shit especially around water. He's also gentle as could be and trustworthy around little dogs, kids, babies etc. A handful but a great dog.

Doodles are really great dogs. Not stinky like fucking labs. Not neutronic like poodles.

I also hate all trailer park dogs- i.e., bull terroirs, Rottweilers, etc.
    I try not to hate on the dogs but...yeah same here. The infatuation with tough dogs among trashy people is a sore spot for me.

We had a Doberman retriever mix and a German Sheppard st bernard mix

Always go with mutts

Mutts won 2 world wars

America baby

Agreed. Our other dog is a mystery mutt mix that is handsome as hell but also just about perfect. He knows what a cushy dog's life is supposed to look like and embraces it. No training and very little discipline required, ever.
    I hate tuff guy dogs.

I used to walk around with our faggy little mini poodle.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ours was a golden doodle that thought she was a golden retriever, smart as a whip. Loved to run and swim, she was a 60 lb lap dog…
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,878

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm a dog guy. I've had a few German Shepherds, a couple of Siberian Huskies and two malamutes in addition to many other mixes. Those are the three breeds I'd never have again. Shepherds are too smart and high strung. They need a job worse than anything. Huskies and malamutes are just assholes who do whatever they want.

We adopted a one year old labradoodle several years ago. It was actually a rescue from a wild couple we knew who weren't taking good care of him. He's cool as shit. He's about the size of a skinny great Dane, shaped pretty much like a poodle, but with the personality of a big, goofy lab. He's a little obsessive about playing his games...fetch, racing, tug of war, etc, but he's fun as shit especially around water. He's also gentle as could be and trustworthy around little dogs, kids, babies etc. A handful but a great dog.

Doodles are really great dogs. Not stinky like fucking labs. Not neutronic like poodles.

I try not to hate on the dogs but...yeah same here. The infatuation with tough dogs among trashy people is a sore spot for me.

We had a Doberman retriever mix and a German Sheppard st bernard mix

Always go with mutts

Mutts won 2 world wars

America baby

Agreed. Our other dog is a mystery mutt mix that is handsome as hell but also just about perfect. He knows what a cushy dog's life is supposed to look like and embraces it. No training and very little discipline required, ever.
    I hate tuff guy dogs.

I used to walk around with our faggy little mini poodle.
    Kickdogs are snacks for my beasts.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    On our second standard poodle because my wife is allergic to everything. Very similar dogs. Really, really smart, but "neurotic" is right. They want to be people.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    German Shepherd or death
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,964
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

German Shepherd or death

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had two German Shepards - the male was obediance trained and responded to hand signals. One smart puppy, the female was a different story - she defined the word bitch. I had to get rid of her after the people across the street let a little poodle run into our yard (5 acres) and think she was tough. I paid the vet bill to have her euthanized. She got a job working nights at a gas station in Juanita,

Mrs Lebam last purchase was a chihuahua mix that the vet keeps asking "are you sure she is a chihuahua?" - she is now 7 yrs old couple more b-days and we will be the same age
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm curious if y'all got your shepherds as pups and if you went to a puppy mill or forked over some cash and got something with papers. The correlation between high intelligence and anxiety is pretty high and GSD are no exception.

Wouldn't trade mine for the world.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

I'm curious if y'all got your shepherds as pups and if you went to a puppy mill or forked over some cash and got something with papers. The correlation between high intelligence and anxiety is pretty high and GSD are no exception.

Wouldn't trade mine for the world.

I've only ever had unpapered Shepherds from private parties. I think I paid $200 for the last one to cover shots and a vet visit. They said she was half husky half Shepherd, but i suspected that the husky half was actually a Shepherd mix. She looked like a pure bred with no husky traits I could see.

I agree with what you said though. Those aren't the right dogs for me, but they're amazing and I love being around them. I've known a couple of males that, while you'd never call them laid back, were extremely happy, playful and good natured. They were even intense about that.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    Founders Club

chuck said: