Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,673 Founders Club
    Damone wants to know why children need backpacks anyway.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Especially kindergartens. And if they do need one, parents can buy them instead of begging people to donate at the checkout at Safeway. Symbolic of why America is doomed.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,881 Founders Club

Especially kindergartens. And if they do need one, parents can buy them instead of begging people to donate at the checkout at Safeway. Symbolic of why America is doomed.
    I like to loudly refuse to help starving children at the grocery check out line

Usually good for a laugh

Why no I want children to starve!
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,976
    edited August 2022
    You know what's bullshit about going to school? You spend 7 hours of your day there, and then are expected to do another 2-3 hours of homework each (school) night if you want to get an A.

One thing about carrying a backpack... Even if it's not totally necessary, at least the kids are getting a workout. One of the few physical things kids are expected to endure.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam

Backpacks or school lunch, you can only have one.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    I still carry my work backpack (for my laptop) on my right shoulder - only 1 strap. These idiot millennials think 2 straps are necessary. They look like a bunch of losers.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,153

You know what's bullshit about going to school? You spend 7 hours of your day there, and then are expected to do another 2-3 hours of homework each (school) night if you want to get an A.

One thing about carrying a backpack... Even if it's not totally necessary, at least the kids are getting a workout. One of the few physical things kids are expected to endure.

Homework is being phased out because it is not "equitable" among kids of all backgrounds.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Homework is being phased out because it is not "equitable" among kids of all backgrounds.
    If you weren’t looking a day ahead and doing the next days assignment during that day’s class, you did it wrong.

Well that's a dumb reason. But hopefully it pushes the system to emphasize learning while you're at school vs at home.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,881 Founders Club

Well that's a dumb reason. But hopefully it pushes the system to emphasize learning while you're at school vs at home.
    I knew how to read and write and do basic math before I started first grade

Learn at home

I still carry my work backpack (for my laptop) on my right shoulder - only 1 strap. These idiot millennials think 2 straps are necessary. They look like a bunch of losers.

I usually only carry my backpack when hiking or as my carry on. And if I'm doing that, both straps. Im also the nerd that puts it on my chest when boarding a plane so I don’t hit anyone with it when taking it off but that because I’m an excellent person who is kind and considerate.
    Me and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover always return the shopping cart no matter the distance!
    https://youtu.be/xwo0xvn_GOg
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,064 Founders Club

I usually only carry my backpack when hiking or as my carry on. And if I'm doing that, both straps. Im also the nerd that puts it on my chest when boarding a plane so I don’t hit anyone with it when taking it off but that because I’m an excellent person who is kind and considerate.
    Me and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover always return the shopping cart no matter the distance!
    https://youtu.be/xwo0xvn_GOg
    That guy is awesome!

These scum of the earth need to be called on their bull shit!
    I’m ready to resume a career in this field.