Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington ADs roaming the sidelines (1976-2022): A Retrospective

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Mike Lude (1976-1990)

Barbara Hedges 1991-2003

Todd Turner 2004-2008 (Couldn't find any sideline shots)

Scott Woodward 2008-2016

Jen Cohen 2016-Present

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Andy Fee (Present-??)

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022
    Hedges gets a lot of hate but she has that Alpha Bitch Seattle look and presided over some amazing seasons. Did the Fuck you college thing before it was cool by throwing money at Rick.

I don't have enough information obviously.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Hedges gets a lot of hate but she has that Alpha Bitch Seattle look and presided over some amazing seasons. Did the Fuck you college thing before it was cool by throwing money at Rick.

So 1991 was because of Hedges?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022
    LawDawg1 said:

haie said:

No, I guess. I'm just saying that she strut around in fancy purple Seattle designer shit when UW was on. Turner, Woodward, Cohen, none of them have made any kind of an impact if it wasn't negative.

Hedges is the last AD to make any kind of a move similar to SC getting Riley.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

LawDawg1 said:

haie said:

No, I guess. I'm just saying that she strut around in fancy purple Seattle designer shit when UW was on. Turner, Woodward, Cohen, none of them have made any kind of an impact if it wasn't negative.

Hedges is the last AD to make any kind of a move similar to SC getting Riley.
    Woodward getting Petersen was close to the equivalent of Hedges getting Rick. The disappointing results notwithstanding.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Woodward actually was okay. Got the stadium built. Oversaw st Haden blessing this university.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,155
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Woodward won at LSU then fired the coach and hired Brian Kelly

And Brian Kelly

It's possible the problem isn't the AD but the school

Hedges did what her boss told her while running a decent program

Into the ground
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Woodward won at LSU then fired the coach and hired Brian Kelly

And Brian Kelly

It's possible the problem isn't the AD but the school

Hedges did what her boss told her while running a decent program

Into the ground

The school puts the pressure on the AD. But in hindsight I think he got jimbo to aTm, stadium built at uw, whether Kelly works out or not I don’t know, but not easy to snag him from ND. I’m team pool boy.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know very little about these people but ill rank their appearance based on these pictures.
    Woodward
    Hedges
    Lude
    Turner
    Cohen (the leopard print is straight up unprofessional)
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I know very little about these people but ill rank their appearance based on these pictures.
    Woodward
    Hedges
    Lude
    Turner
    Cohen (the leopard print is straight up unprofessional)

Lude was president of the American Association of Athletic Directors. He got shit done.
  • Options
    StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    haie said:

A close relative happened to be paired with Hedges for a round of golf at a country club that I'll just say is located somewhere around 55th in NE Seattle with amazing views of Lake W. Hedges was AD at the time. My relative was a double graduate of UW, including the law school. She thought Hedges might actually take some interest in that fact, and perhaps they might even have a friendly conversation during their hours on the course together. In fact, no. Hedges was a complete *itch and hardly talked at all. Let's just say my in-law wasn't impressed.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

A close relative happened to be paired with Hedges for a round of golf at a country club that I'll just say is located somewhere around 55th in NE Seattle with amazing views of Lake W. Hedges was AD at the time. My relative was a double graduate of UW, including the law school. She thought Hedges might actually take some interest in that fact, and perhaps they might even have a friendly conversation during their hours on the course together. In fact, no. Hedges was a complete *itch and hardly talked at all. Let's just say my in-law wasn't impressed.
    You should swear here.
    FTFY
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Sounds like Hedges was, let's just say, trying to break 90.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hedges was a USC grad . . . Rick the Weasel, UCLA/USC Law. What could possibly go wrong?