Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I get emails.

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,979 Founders Club
    haie said:

The poor sales reps are selling the product that season ticket holders with better seats are currently taking a giant loss on in the open market… i bet they are looking forward to each and every business day with great enthusiasm. This is the death march experience for salesmanship.

I’m guessing the athletic department is really holding their breath and that this has worked its way up the food chain to the chief financial officer of the UW and that he / she is reporting the debacle to the board of directors at the present time.

Does "The House That Sark Built" get built, if the UW Athletic Dept could have foreseen the 2022 College Football Landscape?
    An army of stadium staff walking around telling you to put your mask back on, checking you out like they're the police if you've had too many beers. Have to wait almost an entire fucking quarter to get food/beer after halftime. The vaccine mandate stuff was made a lot worse by waiting in a giant fucking line to go get a shitty wrist band. Pubs and Breweries close down at a fucking 10-11 last season so after the Cal OT game you're looking around for a place to get food and a night cap. It's like they're trying to get fans to just say fuck it and watch from home.

So maybe the AD should take a look around at what some of the other schools are doing.

Other than the retarded line to get your vaxx card validated, the Beavlet experience is 10x better with better food and better beer. Definitely a bonus that in one of the bars I was at I got to watch a Duck fan cheer and talk shit during the Stanford game only to watch that last drive + OT in complete silence and horror.
    It just means less in Seattle.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,175

a 7:30pm kickoff for Kent State??????????????????

There will be 15k actual people in the stands for that one. After halftime, 5k.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

It might be a bit more than that. UW might have a backup plan.

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

haie said:

The poor sales reps are selling the product that season ticket holders with better seats are currently taking a giant loss on in the open market… i bet they are looking forward to each and every business day with great enthusiasm. This is the death march experience for salesmanship.

I’m guessing the athletic department is really holding their breath and that this has worked its way up the food chain to the chief financial officer of the UW and that he / she is reporting the debacle to the board of directors at the present time.

Does "The House That Sark Built" get built, if the UW Athletic Dept could have foreseen the 2022 College Football Landscape?
    An army of stadium staff walking around telling you to put your mask back on, checking you out like they're the police if you've had too many beers. Have to wait almost an entire fucking quarter to get food/beer after halftime. The vaccine mandate stuff was made a lot worse by waiting in a giant fucking line to go get a shitty wrist band. Pubs and Breweries close down at a fucking 10-11 last season so after the Cal OT game you're looking around for a place to get food and a night cap. It's like they're trying to get fans to just say fuck it and watch from home.

So maybe the AD should take a look around at what some of the other schools are doing.

Other than the retarded line to get your vaxx card validated, the Beavlet experience is 10x better with better food and better beer. Definitely a bonus that in one of the bars I was at I got to watch a Duck fan cheer and talk shit during the Stanford game only to watch that last drive + OT in complete silence and horror.
    less or little/nothing?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

Really good point. If you wanted to wait until week b4 any game this year minus Sparty (which will be a wash vs. season ticket price on ticket) you will be able to get as many seats as you want that are 2x as good for 1/3rd of what you paid as a season ticket holder.

On secondary market 1st two games of season are cheaper than a extra value meal at Mcdonalds. Week of, will be cost of a big mac. Colorado in November are allready at $25. Imagine in a couple months what those beauties will be flying off the shelves at.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,962 Founders Club

It might be a bit more than that. UW might have a backup plan.

They're going to reuse the Pete cardboard cutout
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,979 Founders Club
    edited August 2022
    godawgst said:

haie said:

less or little/nothing?
    It used to mean less. Now it means little or nothing.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    haie said:

It’s unreal to me that people jumped through proof of vaccine shit to go to games.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,514 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

It’s unreal to me that people jumped through proof of vaccine shit to go to games.
    Yep.

It was a good use of the Arkansas St game to wait in that line.

Then in the Apple Cup I took a coworker who is a UT Austin grad who obviously didn't have a wristband and the basic line to just show your vaxx card was no time at all.

His general summary of the experience, "Northwest college football is gay and you're all fags. Let's head to the bars at halftime."
    haie said:

haie said:

Yep.

It was a good use of the Arkansas St game to wait in that line.

Then in the Apple Cup I took a coworker who is a UT Austin grad who obviously didn't have a wristband and the basic line to just show your vaxx card was no time at all.

His general summary of the experience, "Northwest college football is gay and you're all fags. Let's head to the bars at halftime."
    He’s right. And my response to “we need to see your papers” is go fuck yourself.
    Act fast... supplies are running low!

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,000 Founders Club

Act fast... supplies are running low!

I hope you responded with some variation of:

Due to mismanagement of the AD and Huskieie football, I can now get better seats for less at stubhub.com

• El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,174 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey Kevin,

Thank you for your previous support of the UW athletic program as everyone here really appreciates that previous loyal support. With the season less than a few weeks away I wanted to reach out and see what your plans were for this season.

We still have some great ticket options available. With Coach Kalen Deboer having a top 25 recruiting class and a QB competition taking place I am super excited for the future!

Let me know if Friday or Monday works for a quick phone call.

Thanks,

Kailan Claiborne
    Account Executive
    Pac-12 Sales I University of Washington Athletics
    P. 206-543-1097
    E. kclaiborne@pac-12sales.com
    El_K said:

Hey Kevin,

Thank you for your previous support of the UW athletic program as everyone here really appreciates that previous loyal support. With the season less than a few weeks away I wanted to reach out and see what your plans were for this season.

We still have some great ticket options available. With Coach Kalen Deboer having a top 25 recruiting class and a QB competition taking place I am super excited for the future!

Thanks,

Kailan Claiborne
    Account Executive
    P. 206-543-1097

So it was an email blast? What the heck. I thought I was special.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,136

El_K said:

Hey Kevin,

Thanks,

Kailan Claiborne
    Account Executive
    P. 206-543-1097

So it was an email blast? What the heck. I thought I was special.
    You are Mike. Everyone says so. NTTIATWWT
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    I get them, and I've never been a season ticket holder.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m confused why having a QB competition is supposed to be a good thing. Hey, none of these JAGS have separated from one another, don’t miss your opportunity to see them live!
  • LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    doogville said:

I’m confused why having a QB competition is supposed to be a good thing. Hey, none of these JAGS have separated from one another, don’t miss your opportunity to see them live!

Iron sharpens iron… or in this case, transfer cardboard beats 3rd year paper which beats recognizable name pulp