Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breakout Players

2»

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Feeney is a good call, I think he'll be on a mission to get on the radar again.

Though it's hard to know how CP / PK will deploy him since he was limited in the spring, I'm expecting big things from Corey Littleton. Maybe Andrew Hudson will take some of his snaps on early downs but I love his pass-rushing potential and he can drop into coverage as well.

On offense and with the news that String is transferring, I have to think Darrell Daniels will be featured more in some capacity. I like what Perkins brings to the table as well and those two are the only viable options on the roster to replace the size of String over 2014 and 2015.
    TTJ said:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Feeney.

Wait...

• Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    Like many, I was gonna go John Ross for the offense.

On defense I don't really know the guys who haven't played, so I'm gonna mention Kikaha and Peters. Yes, we all know how good they are, but nobody outside UW knows that yet. I think this year they become recognized at the Pac-12 and maybe even national level.
    One of the local journalists tweeted that Kikaha was the NCAA player with the most QB pressures last season together with Aaron Donald, who just went in the top half of the 1st round of the draft.
    With String leaving, Peters is now my favorite player on the roster. He still has room to improve, and I think will Peterman he will improve. By the end of the season he will be a star.
  • Options
    TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Would like to see Shirley/Feeney get more penetration this year.

Wait,what?

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He was a 3 star recruit

He was a 4* recruit but after he committed they lowered him to a 3*.

Oh wait, no one fucking does that.

• Options
    GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If you axed me this 2 days ago, I would have said String and Shaq.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I will go with the OL and DL combined ...

I think by the end of the year, we'll look at these units as the best combined trench units in the conference.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I think by the end of the year, we'll look at these units as the best combined trench units in the conference.

Very bold. I don't see it myself.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Then we are about to have a monster year if this bears fruit.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I buy it. On paper, UW has the best lines of any team in the conference.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I buy it. On paper, UW has the best lines of any team in the conference.
    The DL gets pumped up because of Shelton and Kikaha, but they weren't that great last year. They disappeared in some games, and we got almost no push up the middle.
    Disagree, the only games they even remotely "disappeared" in were the games in which UW was getting fucked up, e.g. ASU, UO. And when everything outside of your control is going very wrong, it's hard to look anything above mediocre.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Against UCLA we just couldn't get off the field. By the time we got to the 2nd half, I think that was as much cumulative than anything.

Against Oregon I thought it was our scheme more than anything. We tried to contain them and avoid the big plays. Yet as the game went on, it was painfully obvious that the status quo wasn't good enough to beat them. Stanford is much better suited to attack and penetrate than we are. Sitting back and letting Oregon dictate is death. You beat them by attacking.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LOL@ "Keith Price's immobile ass."

You'd be immobile too if you took the beating this OL exposed #17 to.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

haie said:

Im gonna go with Miles. He will be helped out by Washington's n/s style and Ross/Mickens stretching the field, but his running ability and poise in the pocket will get him serious recognition.

Defense: Buddha. He'll pick up the D really fast and will be a ball hawk.

Honest question, is Budda really that good? Dmc pumped that kid like a Macy's parade balloon, which finally got me thinking that he's overrated. I've seen him play a couple times on TV. Athletic as hell, but pretty small.
    I'm not one to doog out and put super high expectations on incoming freshman but I do feel under these circumstances he will come in and make an impact this season. He's a natural ball hawk and I respect Butch Goncharoff's opinion of him. He's electric with the ball in his hands so it wouldn't surprise me to see him come in for a few plays on offense or return kickoffs as well.

It was nice to hear Baker mention that discipline was important to him and a big reason why he choose to stay home and play for CP. I think he'll be a good one and help us rebuilt the relationship with Bellevue that was fractured under Sark. Would I rather see him redshirt? 100 times out of a 100. But our secondary is depleted and he's just too talented to keep off the field especially when we're short on #'s.

My Impact players in 2014

Offense: John Ross - His athleticism is off the charts. He's intelligent. Pease has been working with him on the outside which will open the playbook and create more mismatches as opposed to simply being relegated to slot. Not to mention his special teams ability. He's a bit slight which is a concern so hopefully he can play the entire season. Love the threat he brings to the offense.

Defense: Hau'oli Kikaha. 10 year Senior. Plays with his hair on fire. 13 sacks last year and no reason to think he can't match that. Not bad against the run either. He's a natural leader and never takes plays off. I also think the DL will be a strength this season. I look for him to lead the way. Plus I think Jeff Choate knows what he's doing.

Btw what is Goncharoff? Russian?
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    RE: Breakout players/diamonds in the rough

Keep an eye out for Ted Stark out of Medford, OR. All around athlete, making his way up the depth chart as we speak
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If his foot is healed I'm going with Kasen

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    I hated UW's D's game-plan against Oregon, especially when it was clear it wasn't working. Rush 3 and then let Mariota run around for 9 seconds (wearing out our D in the process) until someone got open or he'd run for a nice gain with one of guys chasing him out of bounds without touching him.

Now that Oregon's top 2 receivers are gone (Huff and Addison recently tore his ACL), we have to mix it up more. Peters can take whatever top receiver they have (Lowe?) and Thompson / Feeney can match up with any TE they have so we should rush at least 4 nearly all of the time. It's tough to beat up Mariota if you don't hit him early and often like Stanford did.

Even with String and ASJ gone, I still like our starting WRs (Mickens, Williams, and Ross with Campbell providing a little more size as the 4th WR if need be). Kasen just has to stay healthy or we'll struggle with Campbell being our "big" WR.

I'm also even more interested in how the new staff uses Daniels and / or Perkins. Both move well and should be at least 230...I love Daniels' ceiling.