Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breakout Players

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Which players do you think have breakout seasons? On offense, I'm going with John Ross. I think he will be Titus Young, minus being a bi-polar schizophrenic. Peterman is going to know how to use him. He's going to be a great returner too. Before the season last year, Ross was the guy Sark was pumping up, not Stringfellow. It would be sweet to have both, but I think Ross is getting slept on. He's going to be a weapon. I think Dwayne Washington will be a good RB too.

On defense, there aren't many choices except for the secondary. The front 7 is pretty established and the young guys who play there will probably only get spot duty barring injury. I'm going with Jermaine Kelly. Hopefully he can be a solid starter at CB.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I know he's already good but I'm going with Shaq Thompson.

I think he's going to be a national name after this year.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Ross is going to be very good on kick returns. Last season he really improved in the second half. He had a TD against Cal called back. He had that long one to start off the Oregon St game. Then he had the TD against BYU. I wouldn't be surprised if he had 4 TD's this year given the dreckfest schedule.

My pick for D is Shirley if he's still here. He was a sack machine when he was on the field all the time. I think this staff will get a lot out of him.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ross is going to be very good on kick returns. Last season he really improved in the second half. He had a TD against Cal called back. He had that long one to start off the Oregon St game. Then he had the TD against BYU. I wouldn't be surprised if he had 4 TD's this year given the dreckfest schedule.

My pick for D is Shirley if he's still here. He was a sack machine when he was on the field all the time. I think this staff will get a lot out of him.

Shirley with his 11th year of eligibility should indeed be pretty good with solid coaching.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    Im gonna go with Miles. He will be helped out by Washington's n/s style and Ross/Mickens stretching the field, but his running ability and poise in the pocket will get him serious recognition.

Defense: Buddha. He'll pick up the D really fast and will be a ball hawk.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Im gonna go with Miles. He will be helped out by Washington's n/s style and Ross/Mickens stretching the field, but his running ability and poise in the pocket will get him serious recognition.

Defense: Buddha. He'll pick up the D really fast and will be a ball hawk.

Honest question, is Budda really that good? Dmc pumped that kid like a Macy's parade balloon, which finally got me thinking that he's overrated. I've seen him play a couple times on TV. Athletic as hell, but pretty small.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Offense: Lindquist

Defense: Lagafuinanananana
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah I don't necessarily think he'll be a complete player right away but he'll have some timely picks and make enough of an impact to be considered a "break out player" for a true freshman.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I like to use the word "established." It's what I like to do.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Offense: Dwayne Washington. I think he will become the primary ball carrier and rush for 1000 yards.

Defense: He is already really good but, Marcus Peters. I think he is going to have a great year and end up being a 1st round pick. (Hi, Ektard)
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,458
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Offense - Ross
    Ross was a reserve last year and really only played the slot. During Spring camp this year, Ross told reporters that he's been exclusively learning the outside receiver position, making me believe that he and Williams will be primarily the outside threats and Mickens will continue to be inside. With Kevin Smith (absolute stud last season), ASJ and Stringfellow gone, we're going to need a WR to step up and it sounds like Ross is adjusting nicely to Smith's old WR position. Also, it may not be much, but Ross learning and playing nickleback last season should help him understand how to read coverages better.

Defense - Kelly
    With Peters being the #1 CB on the team, offenses will be looking to pass away from him meaning our #2 CB will be busy all year. Kelly assumed that position midway through Spring camp after Dixon had it to start (maybe the coaches wanted to push Kelly), and I don't think any of the incoming freshmen will be able to usurp the position unless they're phenomenal. Kelly was the Defensive Scout Team MVP last year (the same award Peters won as a true freshman) and did very well this spring, so there are high hopes for him this year as our #2 CB. With a young, inexperienced secondary this year, I can see Kelly stepping up and having a breakout year on defense, even being better than Ducre.
  • Options
    Damn DNC was going to post Ossai so now I'll have to give a real answer.

Offense: Miles, I know many in here will think he'll do well. I get the feeling outside of this site nobody expects much from him. He's in his third year in the system enough said about that. He was a 4 star QB and Rivals had him as the #2 QB in the nation. He's made one start but had a lot of playing time against Oregon State on the road, UCLA on the road, Idaho State and BYU. He is pretty accurate, I wouldn't say he has a strong arm but it's not weak either. He's also very mobile and runs a lot like Kaepernik. What we'll miss from Price's deadly accuracy we'll make up for the fact we finally have a QB who bust some runs.

Defense: I think Brandon Beaver. He'll be a redshirt sophomore and was a star in the spring camp based on the reports. He was a 3 star recruit but had quite the offers going after him. I think Beaver is poised to emerge as a playmaking safety.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    You said, "Beaver"
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

You said, "Beaver"

I'm a beliver
  • Options
    I think it would be so cool if Beaver has a key interception to beat the Beavers so the headline can be "Beaver does in Beavers" ROFL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I think it would be so cool if Beaver has a key interception to beat the Beavers so the headline can be "Beaver does in Beavers" ROFL!!!!!!!

If that happens pun abundance will ensue.

Beaver licks Beavers
    Beaver screws Beavers
    Beavers dammed by rogue Beaver
    etc
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned Feeney.

Wait...
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417