Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hannibal Lector analyzes a Kalen DeBoer quote

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
"Michael Penix comes to us from Indiana, where I coached him for a year," DeBoer said. "Systematically, he understands what we do. That was an easy transition for him in spring ball. Dylan, he's taken a lot of snaps in a Husky uniform. It's cool hearing guys on the team say how much they see Dylan's improvement from last year to now. We've got an up-and- comer in Sam Huard."

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His quotes on Dylan and Sam were so underwhelming and telling imo.

1st part on Dylan (he's taken so many snaps in Husky Stadium) reminds me of Bob Gregory when talking about Kyler Manu ("he's never missed a practice")
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    godawgst said:

1st part on Dylan (he's taken so many snaps in Husky Stadium) reminds me of Bob Gregory when talking about Kyler Manu ("he's never missed a practice")

Dylan and Sam haven't had a competent QB coach before. No surprise Penix will be the starter Day 1, it's mainly a question of who will be ready when Penix is injured.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am kind if excited to see all the players, qbs included, that are better players in a real scheme under proper coaching. So much unknown right now sign me up for the off season Vegas Bowl
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

godawgst said:

Dylan and Sam haven't had a competent QB coach before. No surprise Penix will be the starter Day 1, it's mainly a question of who will be ready when Penix is injured.
    That isn’t the reason why Penix will start. You are really going to pretend that Sam Huard hasn’t had every resource a kid his age could have to become a good QB?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sam is still on the squad

Does he bail if he isn't the starter?

If he still can't beat Morris, well bye

Penix will get the job but the backup will play
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433

godawgst said:

That isn’t the reason why Penix will start. You are really going to pretend that Sam Huard hasn’t had every resource a kid his age could have to become a good QB?
    I never said that. I said they never had a competent QB coach before.

Are you suggesting these resources are better than D1 coaches and strength/conditioning staff?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,115
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    When Sam is in the USFL someday we? will still say but but but…
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

You are probably right that Huard won't ever pan out.

But...There isn't a high school QB out there prepared to come into a shit bag situation like Huard came unto and actually excel. It doesn't matter what he did to prepare as a kid. If the offense is shit by design and you have shit coaches teaching it, everything that came before is meaningless.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    chuck said:

godawgst said:

But...There isn't a high school QB out there prepared to come into a shit bag situation like Huard came unto and actually excel. It doesn't matter what he did to prepare as a kid. If the offense is shit by design and you have shit coaches teaching it, everything that came before is meaningless.
    Huards needs the air raid. He's great on some fades, first/second read and zip type of plays.

He's not going to bail and run for a first or 4 yards.

He's not a great fit for this offense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

godawgst said:

Huards needs the air raid. He's great on some fades, first/second read and zip type of plays.

He's not going to bail and run for a first or 4 yards.

He's not a great fit for this offense.
    I'm not saying he is.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

godawgst said:

I mostly agree, but a real 5 star easily beats out Dylan Morris and looks a lot better against WSU than Sam Huard did. He doesn't look like a great talent and the reporters from the Spring talked about him struggling all Spring and Morris still being well ahead of him.

He was a 7 on 7 maestro and played in the air raid in high school and threw to Pac 12 WR's. Two o them are at UW now and the other is at Cal.
    I don't know what kind of talent he has. That was a train wreck against wsu. He was completely panic stricken from the first snap. He threw balls too soon, too late, too hard...basically didn't look like he knew wtf he was doing.

So my disagreement, I guess, comes down to how certain you are. You're probably right but I think it can still be called inconclusive. Nobody here goes to practices. He could be in the driver's seat to start and we wouldn't know.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,305
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Huard can’t beat out Morris as the backup, that’s all we need to know.