Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If the B1G is no option, what would you like to see happen to the Huskies/Pac-12?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,670 Founders Club

If the B1G is no option, what would you like to see happen to the Huskies/Pac-12? 70 votes

Bring in San Diego State and SMU and remain the Pac-12
1%
Williams3 1 vote
No expansion and become the Pac-10
7%
AtomicDawgThe_UndertakerhaieBeerThirtyMaceothecat 5 votes
Join or merge with the Big 12
22%
DerekJohnsonFire_Marshall_BillStinky_HankeychuckDoogieMcDoogersonTequillaNeGgaPlEaSePurpleThrobberAlexistheknowledgetheLSkidStLouisDawgCanadawgTXDawgHypnotiqueDawgtillDeath 16 votes
Alliance with the ACC
22%
whlinderdOgmastercreepycougbiak1CSEDawgEwaDawghuskyhooliganNeighbor2972BleachedAnusDawgRDRUSMChawksinceredawgPurpleSmokeBendDawg24WoolleyDoogAOG 16 votes
UW joins the Mountain West
0%
UW goes independent and signs a deal with Amazon Prime. "Anyone, any place, any time!"
12%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverPurpleReignFenderbender123doogvilleIce_HolmvikByronMurphyTheGoat1to392831weretakenKidsInCagesDawgDucksFC 9 votes
Turn Husky Stadium into a pea patch and drop football
22%
SwayevadawgPurpleBazeDawgtonadtdLawDawg1TheHBBob_CSourcesPitchfork51hardhatEastCoastDoogYellowSnowFireCohendannarcFear_Boner 16 votes
Other
10%
greenbloodKaepskneeUW_Doog_BotNoWarningJustDawgtrublueKatsCanTipToePatsDoog 7 votes

Comments

• StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 535 Founders Club
    Vanilla must be run by the Husky athletic department. I made my pick, it apparently didn’t like it, and promptly did fuck all and errored me out.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,730 Standard Supporter
    Love me some hoops and the Big 12 is legit.

Fuck Hop and become a basketball school.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,830 Founders Club
    I'm fine with a B12 merger although I'd like to see the "BIGPAC" allocate TV money to proportionally equal the efforts on the football field. If you're a league with 22-24 teams you need to be creative with the payouts. There would just be too many teams for everyone to be equal. If you are top 4-6 in the conference you should get a bigger slice of the pie so you can attempt to remain competitive with the SEC and B10. The Rose Bowl rep gets more $$$ than the Foster farms or Redbox bowl. Right? Cal really only needs enough money to pay their note on the stadium and keep chlorine in the pool. Sell the main viewing rights to ESPN. Then sell the rest of your catalogue to Amazon or Apple. Sell Apple/Amazon the P12 networks cameras and equipment to aid in their efforts to cover the UW/Beavers or Kansas/Houston games. Play 7 west coast games and 2 crossover games. Have the best two teams regardless of division play for the conference title. You need two highly ranked teams playing for a chance at the playoff. You need to sell recruits the ability for your league to be a regular player at the final four. It was either this for me or p-patch.
  • PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    Other
    Fold the program if the B1G isn't an option. No use in continuing the charade of pretending we're a serious program if they cant get into a conference that willingly houses Rutgers and Nebraska
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022
    Alliance with the ACC
    PatsDoog said:

Fold the program if the B1G isn't an option. No use in continuing the charade of pretending we're a serious program if they cant get into a conference that willingly houses Rutgers and Nebraska

I see your point, but encourage you to channel Churchill a bit before folding like an 8th girl who didn't get invited to the party.
    Alliance with the ACC
    @EwaDawg 's idea is the best idea. Keep the Pac intact ... maybe invite a San Diego State, which could become a powerful program with a Pac X? recruiting platform. ACC keeps its shit together and the bi-coastal thing is fucking interesting as fuck.
  • KatsCanTipToeKatsCanTipToe Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2022
    Other
    Since this is all about TV money and the program start time is now dictated by the networks and Apple and Amazon want in to the network sweepstakes, the answer is to say Fuck You to the EsPN and Fox nightmare stranglehold and create a new exclusive Super Conference League which contains the remnants of the ACC, Pac10, the Big12 and the remaining attractive independent teams.

The caveat being that in order to be a league member the league requires that you sign the agreement that you can only schedule amoung the league participants thereby shutting out crossover games between the Big10 and the SEC... this isolates those two leagues from a future scheduling standpoint and guarantees the remaining relevance of the newly created Super League from a future TV contract standpoint and boosts the probability of a seat at the future playoffs because the accomplished fait of the playoffs then moves to a 6-8 team alignment for sure in order to maintain interest in the sport.

The kicker long term is that the league alliance at the administrative rules level refuses to make TV deals that force conference participants to schedule more than 20% of home games outside of the 12-4 timeslot thereby restoring the value of the homefield ticket for local citizens. The other kicker longer term is that the alliance will offer the attraction of interesting crossover games because league participants will be limited to the scheduling choice of league participants ~ no ABC with the drek mid major or Portland State level gimmie games.

From my perspective, the above is the solution to guarantee future relevance to the remaining leagues ~ the alternative is a slow death scenario, which may be the longer term outcome for the sport anyway in light of the NIL progression anyway. The only way this will work is if league participants agree to sign super long term deals of a decade or more with poison pill truly giant stop sign exit fees if they leave to prevent the otherwise inevitable poaching that will occur from the Fox / ESPN death squads.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,869 Founders Club
    If the UC system fucks UCLA and makes them stay with too high Cal I like the bi coastal concept from Cali to Florida
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
    Turn Husky Stadium into a pea patch and drop football
    It's the only climate friendly option imo
    edited July 2022
    Alliance with the ACC

If the UC system fucks UCLA and makes them stay with too high Cal I like the bi coastal concept from Cali to Florida

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,737
    edited July 2022
    Alliance with the ACC

I like the west coast, east coast PAAC-12. Drop Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado. Pick up some high flying east coast teams.

If this fails, I like a northwest conference adding Central Washington, the Seattle Times Eleven and Ballard Meteors, possibly USS Enterprise.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,620 Swaye's Wigwam
    No expansion and become the Pac-10
    Stay the Pac 10. Unless UCLA has to shamefully come back.

This is a speshul league. Fuck everyone.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,709 Founders Club
    The ironic thing for USC and UCLA is that if they are the only west coast teams on the west coast to be in the BIG10 and they can not schedule west coast teams to play against them, all of their road games will be out of the area which will hurt them in recruiting...
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,497 Swaye's Wigwam
    Other
    Janet Reno super league.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,670 Founders Club

The ironic thing for USC and UCLA is that if they are the only west coast teams on the west coast to be in the BIG10 and they can not schedule west coast teams to play against them, all of their road games will be out of the area which will hurt them in recruiting...

They can recruit all the areas of the Midwest where they play. They can use the allure of California, such as it is these days, as an asset to their sales pitches.