Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which realignment scenario is better for UW?

13»

Comments

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam

Something that I haven't seen talked about much:

What if they just lose Oregon, USC, UCLA and add like a Boise St or BYU to the mix, making it the P10 again?

Clemson has made a living in football praying off the shitty ACC. Same can be said for Houston, Cinci, Boise, UCF, Memphis, etc... Why can't UW do the same?

Beat up on a shitty P10, get a high seed on the coming changes to the playoff, see where it goes.

Well, we’ve struggled to beat Cal, Stanford and ASU for 20 years now.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354
    edited July 2022
    Bob_C said:

Something that I haven't seen talked about much:

What if they just lose Oregon, USC, UCLA and add like a Boise St or BYU to the mix, making it the P10 again?

Clemson has made a living in football praying off the shitty ACC. Same can be said for Houston, Cinci, Boise, UCF, Memphis, etc... Why can't UW do the same?

Beat up on a shitty P10, get a high seed on the coming changes to the playoff, see where it goes.

Well, we’ve struggled to beat Cal, Stanford and ASU for 20 years now.
    Sure. But at least they're not gauntlets in football and basketball like USC, Oregon, UCLA have been.

It might not be the worst thing to fake looking dominant rather than losing by a field goal 3 times a season and going to the Holiday Bowl.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    I'm about to quit college football. This has gone worse, faster, than I ever expected.

Just going off of feel, not facts, I don't like UW in the B1G. I see UW relegated to an MSU/Iowa type of stature and ceiling there at best.

On the other hand, Okie and Texas have feasted on the weak Big 12 and never been penalized for it when they dominate. Why would UW or Oregon?

Fuck, I don't know. I can't let go of the idea of things making regional sense. The ACC should get plundered by the SEC with the leftovers becoming mid majors. The B1G should fuck off along with the condoms and pussy bruins, and uw and Oregon should have a strategy for how to own everything west of the Mississippi?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    chuck said:

I'm about to quit college football. This has gone worse, faster, than I ever expected.

Just going off of feel, not facts, I don't like UW in the B1G. I see UW relegated to an MSU/Iowa type of stature and ceiling there at best.

On the other hand, Okie and Texas have feasted on the weak Big 12 and never been penalized for it when they dominate. Why would UW or Oregon?

Fuck, I don't know. I can't let go of the idea of things making regional sense. The ACC should get plundered by the SEC with the leftovers becoming mid majors. The B1G should fuck off along with the condoms and pussy bruins, and uw and Oregon should have a strategy for how to own everything west of the Mississippi?

I've got just enough optimism for one more run out of Miami. If they can't get it done now, then it'll be easy for me to LEAVE! All of the other things I enjoy about the game are being dismantled, so this will leave me with plenty of time for a walk on the beach.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Best path forward is to join up with the Big12 and partner up with the CBS muscle and whatever else comes along

The ACC stuff is a short term bandaid on a cut that needs stitches
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    Tequilla said:

Best path forward is to join up with the Big12 and partner up with the CBS muscle and whatever else comes along

UW might want to only have a short-term solution to remain flexible on being able to jump to the B1G if it comes calling in a couple years, though.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

No ACC teams make any sense to me at all. The good ones in the south should be in the SEC. Nobody left iver would be worth the trouble.