Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Portland State to play Lincoln of Oakland after Huskies

AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,438
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited July 2022 in College Football Forum
Lincoln, a tiny university in Oakland run out of a single building, lost last season to Central by 92-0. It's amazing they got on to Portland schedule. It was so bad that Central took a knee on 3 drives and also threw an extra point out of bounds. This also disproves the claims that that Central is about like high school (Lincoln truly is).

Comments

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,438
    BTW, I noticed Portland's schedule gets tougher after the UW game
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,275
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That disproves nothing. If anything, that's worse than high school, as rarely do you see a high school game that's that noncompetitive. I think you underestimate the sophistication of most high school progrums these days. A D2 college team would beat the living shit out of just about any high school team not in the Trinity League, but that's not the point. The point is that the environment/feel of the game is going to probably give the edge to high school: There will be more people in the stands at a high school game, they'll be louder and more into it, it'll be on a Friday night under the lights, and the game will usually be pretty competitive.

Who cares how big/fast/strong football players are when they're playing in an empty stadium on a Saturday afternoon against a strip mall college nobody's heard of.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,438

That disproves nothing. If anything, that's worse than high school, as rarely do you see a high school game that's that noncompetitive. I think you underestimate the sophistication of most high school progrums these days. A D2 college team would beat the living shit out of just about any high school team not in the Trinity League, but that's not the point. The point is that the environment/feel of the game is going to probably give the edge to high school: There will be more people in the stands at a high school game, they'll be louder and more into it, it'll be on a Friday night under the lights, and the game will usually be pretty competitive.

Who cares how big/fast/strong football players are when they're playing in an empty stadium on a Saturday afternoon against a strip mall college nobody's heard of.

That's a great argument! I'm convinced. Except, I'm not sure what your conclusion is.