Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A legislator's letter stirs a reaction among players, parents and fans

Comments

• Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 787
    The Nazi from Auburn can go fuck himself.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    I sent that idiot an email last night.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

Was it tersely worded?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,801
    TheHB said:

Was it tersely worded?
    We are disappointed by the news that you want to tether UW with WSU on a shinking ship that used to have such rich tradition and history. We have been in close contact with our leadership and peers in the Pac-12 and are working together to examine options and opportunities. The University of Washington has a distinguished record of success at the highest levels, in and out of competition, and is in a strong position as we process this development. We are confident that we will continue to increase the strength of our athletic programs and the success and well-being of our student athletes.

I can’t wait to be conference members by force with Central and Eastern Washington. Brilliant legislation and worthwhile too.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,730 Standard Supporter

LawDawg1 said:

TheHB said:

Was it tersely worded?
    We are disappointed by the news that you want to tether UW with WSU on a shinking ship that used to have such rich tradition and history. We have been in close contact with our leadership and peers in the Pac-12 and are working together to examine options and opportunities. The University of Washington has a distinguished record of success at the highest levels, in and out of competition, and is in a strong position as we process this development. We are confident that we will continue to increase the strength of our athletic programs and the success and well-being of our student athletes.

Please tell me that “shinking ship” was just a typo.

Sounds like a drunk sorority girl. Which may be somewhat accurate with Cuog involved.

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,737
    edited July 2022
    LawDawg1 said:

I can’t wait to be conference members by force with Central and Eastern Washington. Brilliant legislation and worthwhile too.
    Sometimes I hear arrogance from UW grads about school academic standards and football. Usually it's smug comments about inferior academics. However, these graduates were usually music majors or psych majors. Brag all you want about football, but at least make sure you took calculus before you brag about superior academics (I did by the way).
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,620 Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

LawDawg1 said:

Sometimes I hear arrogance from UW grads about school academic standards and football. Usually it's smug comments about inferior academics. However, these graduates were usually music majors or psych majors. Brag all you want about football, but at least make sure you took calculus before you brag about superior academics (I did by the way).
    Stay butthurt.
    AOG said:

LawDawg1 said:

My limited academics isn’t following. My point is this politician has no idea what he’s doing and would draft something so broad that it would literally require UW and WSU to be in the same conference as Central and Eastern. How does he think he can limit it only to the larger state schools?
    LawDawg1 said:

AOG said:

LawDawg1 said:

My limited academics isn’t following. My point is this politician has no idea what he’s doing and would draft something so broad that it would literally require UW and WSU to be in the same conference as Central and Eastern. How does he think he can limit it only to the larger state schools?
    Fair enough. He sounds like an idiot. Nobody including me would put Central into the same fucking conference was UW/WSU. Oh, the humanity if that happened.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,969 Founders Club
    AOG said:

LawDawg1 said:

Why didn’t you take calculus in high school? I think it’s a prerequisite for UW.

edited July 2022
    The point is not to brag about superior academics at the UW if you were a majoring in drama, music, sociology, ethnic studies... brag all you want about football (within reason). There is a snooty music major I know that reminds people that some schools just don't have an equal standing with the UW academically. A music major. At least make it accounting or economics.
    AOG said:

The point is not to brag about superior academics at the UW if you were a majoring in drama, music, sociology, ethnic studies... brag all you want about football (within reason). There is a snooty music major I know that reminds people that some schools just don't have an equal standing with the UW academically. A music major. At least make it accounting or economics.

I mean, they don't.

And maybe your friend is an asshole but he/she doesn't speak for a 50k campus and how 95% of them don't give a fuck and just want to be going to a rad school in Seattle.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,306 Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

The bragging right is that every single person that has a UW degree could have gotten into Central if they wanted to. You don’t declare your major on the application.
    Bob_C said:

AOG said:

The bragging right is that every single person that has a UW degree could have gotten into Central if they wanted to. You don’t declare your major on the application.
    I thought I saw you around eburg majoring in theatre
    haie said:

AOG said:

I mean, they don't.

And maybe your friend is an asshole but he/she doesn't speak for a 50k campus and how 95% of them don't give a fuck and just want to be going to a rad school in Seattle.
    Did you go to UW - Tukwila? That's my recollection
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,306 Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

Bob_C said:

AOG said:

I thought I saw you around eburg majoring in theatre
    I see a ton of accounting resumes every year, and there's always a flood of Central accounting majors applying for stuff. More so than any other school seemingly. Usually applying for a job that requires 2-4 years experience and they graduated in 2004 or something. Seemingly just can't get their big break for some reason.
    AOG said:

haie said:

AOG said:

I mean, they don't.

No I graduated from the Seattle campus 12 years ago.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
    haie said:

AOG said:

haie said:

AOG said:

I mean, they don't.

No I graduated from the Seattle campus 12 years ago.
    You old fuck.