Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keinholz

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

I hear I’m too negative about the state of this program

Can’t wait to see how people spin this as a positive

I’ll continue to enjoy 11-0 and where that ride is going and a program that seems to understand how to get shit done in the current college environment

You aren’t too negative but you have been consistently wrong about most things this year.

This 11-0 for TCU is a mirage. Take all the screenshots you need. It won’t happen again.
    LOL. Obviously.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

WDWHA

OSU's version of Yankoff. DeBoner knows how to coach QB's, and run an offense. All I care about is getting a solid defense in place
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW has got to 11-0 once

Even teams like Bama run the table less than you think but more than anyone

Tcu was unbeaten Rose Bowl Champs in 11 or so

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I’ll continue to enjoy 11-0 and where that ride is going and a program that seems to understand how to get shit done in the current college environment

You aren’t too negative but you have been consistently wrong about most things this year.

This 11-0 for TCU is a mirage. Take all the screenshots you need. It won’t happen again.
    What part have I been wrong about?

I was pretty clear on the season preview for the Husky Fan Podcast in saying that I thought 8 or 9 wins with Penix’s health being a major factor.

I’ll readily admit I was wrong in that I didn’t think UW had a shot at beating Oregon and was happily wrong. My pick against UW for Oregon St was weather related … I’d have picked UW sans the conditions.

What I learned coming out of 2016 and the years since is that when you have one of those special seasons to embrace and celebrate it because they are unique unless you’re at one of a few select schools. It won’t bother me if TCU goes back to 7-5 or 8-4 next year … what will bother me is if TCU falls to a position where I’m not convinced they have a path to competing at the top of their conference and being relevant nationally a few times a decade.

Mirage or not they have every opportunity to be in the CFP this year and if they are I’ll be doing everything I can to make it to the semi’s )hopefully in Arizona)
  • Options

UW has got to 11-0 once

Even teams like Bama run the table less than you think but more than anyone

Tcu was unbeaten Rose Bowl Champs in 11 or so

If you throw out everything TCU did before 2010, TCU has been nationally relevant in the 2010, 2014, and now 2022 seasons.

Few programs outside of the elite can say that

And you’re right Race, few get this deep in a season undefeated
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    He’s not good enough to start at tOSU.

He’s wiry and not a blazer. Osu always has elite runners at that position. He’s not that guy.

Guaranteed portal
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,115
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2022

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I was pretty clear on the season preview for the Husky Fan Podcast in saying that I thought 8 or 9 wins with Penix’s health being a major factor.

I’ll readily admit I was wrong in that I didn’t think UW had a shot at beating Oregon and was happily wrong. My pick against UW for Oregon St was weather related … I’d have picked UW sans the conditions.

What I learned coming out of 2016 and the years since is that when you have one of those special seasons to embrace and celebrate it because they are unique unless you’re at one of a few select schools. It won’t bother me if TCU goes back to 7-5 or 8-4 next year … what will bother me is if TCU falls to a position where I’m not convinced they have a path to competing at the top of their conference and being relevant nationally a few times a decade.

Mirage or not they have every opportunity to be in the CFP this year and if they are I’ll be doing everything I can to make it to the semi’s )hopefully in Arizona)
    You beat the drum hard for Matt Campbell.
    I too initially wanted Campbell
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    dnc said:

Good luck Lincoln! We’ll be rootin for ya!

Way to represent the north?
    Pretty sure Lincoln will rep the north and not the Confederacy
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

So he’s not going to tOSU?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

Ohio was with the Union during the Civil War.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I don’t think Lincoln is going to be this silly. Basically The Suckeyes lost their QB recruit and are tossing Lincoln a bone like he’s some fallback chick. He has the SD connection with DeBoer which means if DeBoer can legitimately start him, he probably would. He’ll never be more to the Suckeyes than a last minute fill in that they pulled too easily.

I think he holds his commitment.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

whlinder said:

dnc said:

Ohio was with the Union during the Civil War.
    Indeed.

Current day tOSU, on the other hand…
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,115
    Founders Club
    Not saying it won’t change but he hasn’t officially received an offer from them yet. Again, could likely change on Saturday.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You beat the drum hard for Matt Campbell.
    And that has what to do with this season?

Iowa St’s record this year doesn’t mean that Campbell is a bad coach