Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keinholz

Comments

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022

My BIL did the same, except it was his whole life savings in 10min
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    dannarc said:

My BIL did the same, except it was his whole life savings in 10min

That looks more like some of the other neighbors. This dude had a structure made out of pallets, a whole row of maybe 12-15 homemade pvc mortar tubes, a pallet covered in fireworks in the packaging, and two tables to organize things. There were also three people with propane torches so they could light them in bunches.

I was impressed. I mean, I'd rather spend those thousands on golf clubs, fishing gear, and ammo, but it wasn't my money.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I like that Kienholz is a small town kid, in a state that rarely pumps out P5 talent, plays multiple sports and isn’t a 7 on 7 master, going to every camp. A QB could have undeniable talent but if they don’t play by the 247 and other recruiting guru’s camp games, they are going to be underrated in the rankings.

Most QB’s suck so simply by the numbers, Kienholz will be a bust, but I do like him and am satisfied with him as the QB in this class.

This is the truth and I'd also say that the "rankings" for qbs have proven to be completely unreliable. For every top-ranked guy like Trevor Lawerence who had a lot of success, you have 10 5-star guys like Jacob Eason who never lived up to their billing.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    7 on 7 camp heros tend to only get judged on arm talent and raw athletic ability. Completely leaves out 2 of the most important QB traits: decision making and pocket awareness. Eason and Sirmon both flopped because they sucked at both of the latter.

Keinholz is one of those guys who you can tell has "it" when it comes to pocket awareness based on his high school film. The way he moves around to buy time on throws while also keeping his eyes downfield is rare. The biggest question, as always, will be the decision making
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

7 on 7 camp heros tend to only get judged on arm talent and raw athletic ability. Completely leaves out 2 of the most important QB traits: decision making and pocket awareness. Eason and Sirmon both flopped because they sucked at both of the latter.

Keinholz is one of those guys who you can tell has "it" when it comes to pocket awareness based on his high school film. The way he moves around to buy time on throws while also keeping his eyes downfield is rare. The biggest question, as always, will be the decision making

Lots of QBs have improved under DeBoer. There are numbers, math, facts, etc. that support this

I trust the coaches
    Haener was a walking INT at UW and he became a legit QB under this staff. I have faith
    He definitely was. He couldn't throw to the right color in practice at UW. And yet he was neck and neck with big dick Eason in camp. Who the fuck was in charge of UWs offense?
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

He barely completed 55% of his passes against terrible competition. Don’t judge kids by their highlight tapes. He’s got a ways to go to even be a mediocre D1 QB.
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

He barely completed 55% of his passes against terrible competition. Don’t judge kids by their highlight tapes. He’s got a ways to go to even be a mediocre D1 QB.
    He's a project QB with good tools. Nothing more, nothing less. Nobodybis calling him a sure thing to ever rise to #2, so you're just typing this shit for no reason unless it's virtue signaling. Looks like it earned the favor of NTXduck.

I'd rather get a 5* every year for status even though most bust and the two UW has had recently have been less than impressive.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

He's a project QB with good tools. Nothing more, nothing less. Nobodybis calling him a sure thing to ever rise to #2, so you're just typing this shit for no reason unless it's virtue signaling. Looks like it earned the favor of NTXduck.

I'd rather get a 5* every year for status even though most bust and the two UW has had recently have been less than impressive.
    It’s a pretty big reach for this early in the cycle. Most likely scenario is it’s KDB doing a friend a favor. Some of the comments in this thread are lol. Kid is literally playing against race and haie on D
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

Nxtduck, I gotta say it’s kind of dumb you even give a shit about Kienholz. If Oregon signed a 3* QB that some quooks thought was good, I wouldn’t give a shit.

I don't give a fuck about each school's approach. Ours is clearly out scouting for under the radar guys who aren't pussies and won't embarrass the school, and won't tap out when they think their draft stock is going to take a hit. It works at times, it fails at times.

Oregon's approach fails at times, and succeeds at times. See Texas, tamu, LSU when the wheels fell off, etc.

I like what UW is doing because you get folk heroes like Gaines. I remember him in the 2015 SC game where he's taking late shots against that pussy surfer QB ESPN and Sark were sucking off.

Getting BB was great but he dipped after 3 years and is definitely a factor in that soul crushing Stanford game if he doesn't leave early.

Both are in the NFL obviously. But Gaines factors in an extra conference championship.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

It’s a pretty big reach for this early in the cycle. Most likely scenario is it’s KDB doing a friend a favor. Some of the comments in this thread are lol. Kid is literally playing against race and haie on D
    It’s not tho. Pretty sure Kienholz or Avery Johnson was who the coaches felt they had a shot at and wanted. The kid that went to Oregon State didn’t choose Oregon State over UW. Gabarri Johnson is a 4 star from the state but his ceiling is mediocre college starter.

You think Emeka Egbuka at Steilacoom was playing against good competition? If you think 2A Washington high school football has talent, fuck oh dear man. Savell Smalls was a five star and wasn’t even a dominant high school player. I’m sure Kienholz has five 250+ pound monsters protecting him at OL. His #1 WR is deciding between Ohio State and Alabama.

You are hitting just about every TBS addiction cliche. Kienholz will probably suck. He’s a very good athlete, from a state that doesn’t produce talent.
    I’ve been on record for years saying that most WA and OR hs players are terrible. I’d take a 3* with decent offers from ca or Tx over a fetters 4* any day of the week
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

It’s not tho. Pretty sure Kienholz or Avery Johnson was who the coaches felt they had a shot at and wanted. The kid that went to Oregon State didn’t choose Oregon State over UW. Gabarri Johnson is a 4 star from the state but his ceiling is mediocre college starter.

You think Emeka Egbuka at Steilacoom was playing against good competition? If you think 2A Washington high school football has talent, fuck oh dear man. Savell Smalls was a five star and wasn’t even a dominant high school player. I’m sure Kienholz has five 250+ pound monsters protecting him at OL. His #1 WR is deciding between Ohio State and Alabama.

You are hitting just about every TBS addiction cliche. Kienholz will probably suck. He’s a very good athlete, from a state that doesn’t produce talent.
    I’ve been on record for years saying that most WA and OR hs players are terrible. I’d take a 3* with decent offers from ca or Tx over a fetters 4* any day of the week
    The best WA players aren't from Seattle proper.
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,100
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

every time we get a no name 3* from the south I figure they're probably going to be a stud.

Jordon Scott for example.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

Committed.

@godawgst

Suck a fat dick. You and @Tequilla were 100% wrong. Doesn't matter that you "are rooting for the program"

I wouldn't pay you guys to forecast when my fucking lawn should be mowed next.

Alright, I don't normally get into the TBS with you guys because I don't have the insight or interest until the class is signed, and even then I have to rely on "Stars matter". But chinned for the bolded. That was fucking funny and I did lol.