Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keinholz

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

7 on 7 camp heros tend to only get judged on arm talent and raw athletic ability. Completely leaves out 2 of the most important QB traits: decision making and pocket awareness. Eason and Sirmon both flopped because they sucked at both of the latter.

Keinholz is one of those guys who you can tell has "it" when it comes to pocket awareness based on his high school film. The way he moves around to buy time on throws while also keeping his eyes downfield is rare. The biggest question, as always, will be the decision making

i just looked it up and Eason is on Carolina's practice squad. i hadnt heard anything about him in ages
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

NEsnake12 said:

7 on 7 camp heros tend to only get judged on arm talent and raw athletic ability. Completely leaves out 2 of the most important QB traits: decision making and pocket awareness. Eason and Sirmon both flopped because they sucked at both of the latter.

Keinholz is one of those guys who you can tell has "it" when it comes to pocket awareness based on his high school film. The way he moves around to buy time on throws while also keeping his eyes downfield is rare. The biggest question, as always, will be the decision making

i just looked it up and Eason is on Carolina's practice squad. i hadnt heard anything about him in ages
    He played yesterday, 3-5 with a pick
  • Options
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

HE SUCKS AND YOU ARE DOOGS FOR THINKING HE MIGHT NOT SUCK.
    Trusting your ability to determine who sucks based on your avatar alone
  • Options

dnc said:

HE SUCKS AND YOU ARE DOOGS FOR THINKING HE MIGHT NOT SUCK.
    Trusting your ability to determine who sucks based on your avatar alone
    HURTFUL
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ILKIT just doesn't have the same ring to it.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So basically this kid is Cody Pickett except from South Dakota and not Chicken Dinner Road and hasn't yet grown to be 6'4"?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

So basically this kid is Cody Pickett except from South Dakota and not Chicken Dinner Road and hasn't yet grown to be 6'4"?

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    whlinder said:

Is his dad a rodeo clown, too?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

He's athletic though, right? Wasn't Pickett pretty much a statue, even in high school?

Would be worried about Ohio State. They have the number player overall at QB committed for 2024 Railoa so taking a flier on a guy like Kienholz could be a good move, particularly since it seems like 2023 guys don't want to sign ahead of Railoa guy or he's asked them to not pursue big names in 2023.
  • Options

whlinder said:

He's athletic though, right? Wasn't Pickett pretty much a statue, even in high school?

Would be worried about Ohio State. They have the number player overall at QB committed for 2024 Railoa so taking a flier on a guy like Kienholz could be a good move, particularly since it seems like 2023 guys don't want to sign ahead of Railoa guy or he's asked them to not pursue big names in 2023.
    Pickett definitely wasn't a statue. The big claim was "he's faster than Tui" though obviously not as elusive. But he was a solid athlete, not Tui but not Jacob Eason either. Pretty sure Pickett was an all state hooper as well. Keinholz is almost assuredly a better pure runner though.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

passed for more than 5,000 yards during his prep career ... four-sport athlete in football, basketball, golf and rodeo ... qualified for the national rodeo finals in 1997 and 1998 ... led the Southern Idaho Conference in rebounds with over 10 per game ... a team-roper in rodeo ... once out-threw (75 yards) current Arizona Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer at Plummer's summer camp in Boise .
    https://gohuskies.com/news/2013/4/18/208224312.aspx
    10+ boards a game, could also throw down. I don't know who won the Cody-Reggie one on one hoop challenge

Go watch his Sophomore film; he was very mobile. Not quite the quickness of Tui or speed/strength of Jack Lockner at QB, but very athletic.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

Pickett was fast according to what I was told, but was reluctant and indecisive when he did run in games and didn't produce any good runs I can remember.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    chuck said:

whlinder said:

Pickett was fast according to what I was told, but was reluctant and indecisive when he did run in games and didn't produce any good runs I can remember.
    Had a game winning option keeper against somebody but I can't seem to remember who it was.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

passed for more than 5,000 yards during his prep career ... four-sport athlete in football, basketball, golf and rodeo ... qualified for the national rodeo finals in 1997 and 1998 ... led the Southern Idaho Conference in rebounds with over 10 per game ... a team-roper in rodeo ... once out-threw (75 yards) current Arizona Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer at Plummer's summer camp in Boise .
    https://gohuskies.com/news/2013/4/18/208224312.aspx
    10+ boards a game, could also throw down. I don't know who won the Cody-Reggie one on one hoop challenge

Go watch his Sophomore film; he was very mobile. Not quite the quickness of Tui or speed/strength of Jack Lockner at QB, but very athletic.
    Did he do everything he could to win the game though?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

chuck said:

whlinder said:

Had a game winning option keeper against somebody but I can't seem to remember who it was.
    Arizona in 2001 is what I recall. Two weeks after separating his shoulder.
  • Options
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

whlinder said:

Arizona in 2001 is what I recall. Two weeks after separating his shoulder.
    Good call on the shoulder. Tough hombre.