Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking news - R v. W sells couch

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

We lost our democracy today when an unelected court suggested they don’t have the power to legislate and that elected officials should determine the law. Sad day really.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

HTH
    I think @Bob_C was being SarKastic.
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum. [So?]

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. [Constitutional amendment #13 bars slavery in the US]. Same applies here. [It doesn't]

But, but, but social strife is irrelevant.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

We lost our democracy today when an unelected court suggested they don’t have the power to legislate and that elected officials should determine the law. Sad day really.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

HTH
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum.

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. Same applies here.

Slavery was abolished by properly legislative action via the Constitution.
    You'd think El Creepo would know that
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Look for crime to explode in 18 years in certain states.

Say what you want, but abortion has been effective at reducing the population of undesirables.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    Swaye's Wigwam

Say what you want, but abortion has been effective at reducing the population of undesirables.

Is there research on this? I would have assumed it cuts the other way
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Bob_C said:

HTH
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum.

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. Same applies here.

Sounds like you'd be in favor of a legislative federal ban on abortion. Get rid of the filibuster, flip congress red and it can happen.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

Check out the book, Freakanomics.

Seriously.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Sources said:

Yes. There is a research on this. It does not cut the other day.

Middle class and upper middle class married women rarely get abortions.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Planning idea:

Me: Hey, boss, I'm pregnant and I need an airplane ticket to Disneyland Anaheim, CA for an abortion.

Boss: But you are man.

Me: You want me to go to HR with a complaint?

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832

Planning idea:

Me: Hey, boss, I'm pregnant and I need an airplane ticket to Disneyland Anaheim, CA for an abortion.

Boss: But you are man.

Me: You want me to go to HR with a complaint?

Go woke, go broke POTD

Corps venturing into social engineering =/= good business decisions.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,915
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Lots of hot Twitter fascist talk out there. Apparently it’s now fascist to be in favor decentralization of power and decision making. Will need to see how that fits in with the Wikipedia definition of fascism that @kobestopper posted daily.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,745

Sledog said:

The baby murdering shit bags are busy crying.

Not sure why women so ugly they can't get laid are so concerned.

The decision isn’t a win for killing/not killing babies

The victory is the validation of state laws as the arbiter in matters not specifically specified in the Constitution, as defined properly by the Supreme Court or enacted by legislative act.

Leftists take heed. Governance by bureaucracy and executive order is next.

The *real* populists are coming. Fuck the downvoting little faggots.
    True but one can choose to live in an actual American state.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The same folks who tell you that Shall Not Be Infringed means go ahead and infringe think there is language in the constitution that protects abortion

There isn't. Nothing to stop it either

If we had a right to privacy 81% of police work would be illegal and 100% of internet companies would be as well

I'm not even a pretend lawyer like creep or a shitty lawyer like H but I think that things that are not covered specifically as a federal law revert to the states

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,915
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Second amendment is not absolute but the unnamed right to abortion on demand is absolute. Just what I’m hearing from the president, don’t twist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With typical modesty

Former President Donald Trump praised the Supreme Court's Friday ruling overturning Roe v. Wade as "the biggest win for life in a generation," noting that it was "only made possible" by his actions as president.

The court overturned the 1973 landmark decision that legalized abortion nationwide. The decision sends the issue back to the states to regulate.

In a statement issued by his Save America PAC, Trump said:

Today’s decision, which is the biggest WIN for LIFE in a generation, along with other decisions that have been announced recently, were only made possible because I delivered everything as promised, including

nominating and getting three highly respected and strong Constitutionalists confirmed to the United States Supreme Court. It was my great honor to do so! I did not cave to the Radical Left Democrats, their partners in the Fake News Media, or the RINOs who are likewise the true, but silent, enemy of the people. These major Victories prove that even though the Radical Left is doing everything in their power to destroy our

Country, your Rights are being protected, the Country is being defended, and there is still hope and time to Save America! I will never stop fighting for the Great People of our Nation!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The same folks who tell you that Shall Not Be Infringed means go ahead and infringe think there is language in the constitution that protects abortion

There isn't. Nothing to stop it either

If we had a right to privacy 81% of police work would be illegal and 100% of internet companies would be as well

I'm not even a pretend lawyer like creep or a shitty lawyer like H but I think that things that are not covered specifically as a federal law revert to the states

They sort of wrote it down somewhere.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2022
    NeverTrumpers celebrate overturning of Roe v. Wade that they did nothing to accomplish and if they had been successful it would never have happened along with the 2A going down the sh*tter. Like leftards, NeverTrumpers will never have an honest discussion or ever admit they are wrong.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bill Kristol is complaining about the ruling

Mr Conservative