Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

paul richardson it is

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014

Passion said:

A WR after losing all that beef in the offseason? Thanks to coach neuheisel for making this pick.

Starting DL of Avril, Mebane, McDaniel, and Bennett. They drafted 2 DT's last year. Jordan Hill (3rd round pick) will be featured more this year. Williams didn't play. They are high on Mayowa, evident by keeping him on the 53 man roster all year. Maybe Irvin moves back to DE too. They really don't need much help there. Maybe a DE would help, but they can find someone off the scrap heap. Neither Red Bryant or Clemons gave us that much last year, although Clemons played well in the Super Bowl. They obviously like Richardson's big play ability more than any DL prospect.

The OL needs more help. The only starter lost is Giacominni. Bailey and Bowie both played last year. They weren't all that great, but the team won with them. They were serviceable. They added another guy from Missouri to compete at RT. They obviously liked Richardson's big play ability and potential to replace some of Tate's production more than an OL or DL. I don't think it was a bad pick.
    Now that is how you make an argument - damn good research. Well done.

Simply saying you "love Schneider" is silly. Lots of good DLs in the NFC West. We need some OLs.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Passion said:

A WR after losing all that beef in the offseason? Thanks to coach neuheisel for making this pick.

Starting DL of Avril, Mebane, McDaniel, and Bennett. They drafted 2 DT's last year. Jordan Hill (3rd round pick) will be featured more this year. Williams didn't play. They are high on Mayowa, evident by keeping him on the 53 man roster all year. Maybe Irvin moves back to DE too. They really don't need much help there. Maybe a DE would help, but they can find someone off the scrap heap. Neither Red Bryant or Clemons gave us that much last year, although Clemons played well in the Super Bowl. They obviously like Richardson's big play ability more than any DL prospect.

The OL needs more help. The only starter lost is Giacominni. Bailey and Bowie both played last year. They weren't all that great, but the team won with them. They were serviceable. They added another guy from Missouri to compete at RT. They obviously liked Richardson's big play ability and potential to replace some of Tate's production more than an OL or DL. I don't think it was a bad pick.
    Agree with everything you said, but I'm still concerned about the OL. The OL was maddening at times last year but stepped it up when it mattered. Hope this Missouri kid isn't counted on to replace Giacomini. Didn't we lose McQuistan as well though? I like every unit but the OL is worrisome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I can always count on PassionFS to say something FS.

Richardson is a good pick. WR was a need considering Rice and Harvin aren't exactly accountable to stay healthy.

Good to have weapons and he is a guy who can stretch the field.

Also they have earned our trust so questioning them is FS.
  • Options
    I can always count on he_needs_more_intelligence to be nipping at my ankles.

We got Baldwin and Kearse through free agency. Go get some more. Plus we've got Rice and Harvin.

Get OLs.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014

Richardson is a good pick. WR was a need considering Rice and Harvin aren't exactly accountable to stay healthy.

It's fine questioning them. They have whiffed and had some iffy picks before. I don't really feel that way about Richardson, but Carpenter was a bad pick. Irvin was okay, but if he's playing OLB, he's not really worth it. The jury is out on Michael too. At worst, I think Richardson will be an average WR who will have some big plays.

I agreed with Passion that OL was more of a concern than WR, but the team is good enough they could pick whoever they liked best. A LB wouldn't have been a bad pick either considering 1-2 of Wright, Wagner, and Smith will be gone due to us not having the money to pay them. We might not be able to bring Baldwin back after this year, so I think Richardson does fit the bill of filling a need and being good insurance in case Baldwin leaves next year or Harvin can't stay healthy.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Richardson will be #2 in TDs after Harvin next year. He's the bomb.
  • Options

It's fine questioning them. They have whiffed and had some iffy picks before. I don't really feel that way about Richardson, but Carpenter was a bad pick. Irvin was okay, but if he's playing OLB, he's not really worth it. At worst, I think Richardson will be an average WR who will have some big plays.

I agreed with Passion that OL was more of a concern than WR, but the team is good enough they could pick whoever they liked best. A LB wouldn't have been a bad pick either considering 1-2 of Wright, Wagner, and Smith will be gone due to us not having the money to pay them. We might not be able to bring Baldwin back after this year, so I think Richardson does fit the bill of filling a need and being good insurance in case Baldwin leaves next year or Harvin can't stay healthy.
    Don't say that. He'll cry all over his 8x10 framed photo of Schneider.

• Options
    priapism said:

Richardson will be #2 in TDs after Harvin next year. He's the bomb.

Disagree and not talking about the Richardson part either.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    WR TD's- I will take Kearse at #1 with 8, Harvin with 6, Baldwin with 4, and Richardson with 4. I don't think Rice will make the team. The TE's will score 5 more, and the RB's/FB's will get 3. 30 passing TD's total.
  • Options
    LOL Passion is flagging every post of mine. Damn he's butt hurt.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    He voted down dnc for saying the hawks made a good trade down acquiring a 4th round pick. Totally butthurt
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

He voted down dnc for saying the hawks made a good trade down acquiring a 4th round pick. Totally butthurt

Passion belongs on Doogman is why. Has never been cut out for this site.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Richardson is a really good pick. You can all go kiss Schneiders ring and then gargle. That is all.
  • Options
    Passion might be upset I was bashing on Kim. I noticed my Kim bashing posts were the ones he was giving me WTF for.
  • Options
    they have 3 4's tomorrow. wouldn't surprise me at all if one of those were a guard, which is a position you can get starters in the 4th round.
    I'd also like them to take a LB a CB, and some more help on the DL
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

they have 3 4's tomorrow. wouldn't surprise me at all if one of those were a guard, which is a position you can get starters in the 4th round.

I agree, definitely a guard if there's someone they like, and probably an LB or CB. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a TE at some point either.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    If this was a normal offense, like what they do in Den I would hate this pick.
    the seahawks are run, run, throw over your heads, it's at least what they try to be with their reliance on the big play. I think richardson is a good fit for the offense. And if they are starting to go away from big bodied wr's in the draft after the harper and durham disasters I wouldn't blame them.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,973
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

Big WR was a need, don't love the slight frame. However from what I saw in Colorado he can fly.

I would've liked them to go Oline, but I like the idea.

Oh and bill polian hates him so the pick must be good

He was the only decent player Colorado had last year.

I'm ok with this.
    @iDawg has been waiting years for Sven to say one positive thing. Ladies and gentleman, that day has arrived.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

I agree, definitely a guard if there's someone they like, and probably an LB or CB. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a TE at some point either.
    One of the picks has to be a LB. Maybe even 2. They need guys to step in next year and 2016 when Wright and Smith (maybe even Wagner) are gone.

Guard is a good call. At some point, I think a CB will be taken. We have 3 guys and an unknown in Simon. We could always find a journeyman instead though. Other than G and LB, it's really about finding legitimate NFL talent where you can. The team is already loaded.
  • Options
    lots of handwringing at seahooks.net right now. "there were better WR's on the board."
    Gee, I'm glad you are the experts, because I'm pretty sure if Pete and John had a better available WR on their board they would've taken him.
    I like how everyone listens to Mel Kiper, prisco, etc. say one WR is better than another and they take it as gospel