Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Give me the arguments for opposing raising the age to 21 to buy a gun

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,896
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

Dems need more than passing a bill raising the gun age to prevent the cataclysmic beatdown they will get in November. What I could see them do (like someone else said): Propose the increase in age, along with a bunch of other bullshit nobody wants, and dare republicans to oppose it. Republicans would vote it down, if Dems put enough stupid shit in the bill. Then Dems campaign for 2-3 months with the Republican no vote being the center of their campaigns. You watch. Welcome to American politics.

Give that man a cigar. They are trying to do that now with a Red Flag provision. Why wouldn't you be willing to surrender you due process rights unless you have something to hide?
    You could get RF and not know who was responsible. Just take your guns and then you get to prove you’re innocent. Spending $1000’s defending yourself. Dana L. had a great dissection of RFL.
    It would basically be the ex-wife/girlfriend disarmament law.
    And in any blue jurisdiction, just have an anonymous leftard whistleblower (Mello the leftard downvoter comes to mind) red flag the republican a month before the election and then call the local commie rag and local TV station. barry basically pulled that sh*t in his Senate race against Ryan. They tried to do the same thing with Palin in Alaska. Look what the dems did with Kavanaugh. And you want the same type of people to honestly investigate the red flag allegations? Hell, the police aren't investigating rape charges in some places and there would be no hurry to get a red flag charge investigated and reversed. Just look at how our supposed intelligence agency officials and the DOJ and FBI lied there asses off about Russian collusion. You think a fake little red flag allegation is going to slow them down?

Just like public transportation. If it was a safe and clean mode of transportation, more people would use it. But in Portland, Seattle and SF there is no commitment to fare enforcement or safety. It you had an honest government with a commitment to actual due process, then I might consider red flag laws. But that world doesn't exist.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

Dems need more than passing a bill raising the gun age to prevent the cataclysmic beatdown they will get in November. What I could see them do (like someone else said): Propose the increase in age, along with a bunch of other bullshit nobody wants, and dare republicans to oppose it. Republicans would vote it down, if Dems put enough stupid shit in the bill. Then Dems campaign for 2-3 months with the Republican no vote being the center of their campaigns. You watch. Welcome to American politics.

Give that man a cigar. They are trying to do that now with a Red Flag provision. Why wouldn't you be willing to surrender you due process rights unless you have something to hide?
    You could get RF and not know who was responsible. Just take your guns and then you get to prove you’re innocent. Spending $1000’s defending yourself. Dana L. had a great dissection of RFL.
    And in any blue jurisdiction, just have an anonymous leftard whistleblower (Mello the leftard downvoter comes to mind) red flag the republican a month before the election and then call the local commie rag and local TV station. barry basically pulled that sh*t in his Senate race against Ryan. They tried to do the same thing with Palin in Alaska. Look what the dems did with Kavanaugh. And you want the same type of people to honestly investigate the red flag allegations? Hell, the police aren't investigating rape charges in some places and there would be no hurry to get a red flag charge investigated and reversed. Just look at how our supposed intelligence agency officials and the DOJ and FBI lied there asses off about Russian collusion. You think a fake little red flag allegation is going to slow them down?

Just like public transportation. If it was a safe and clean mode of transportation, more people would use it. But in Portland, Seattle and SF there is no commitment to fare enforcement or safety. It you had an honest government with a commitment to actual due process, then I might consider red flag laws. But that world doesn't exist.
    Do you think that leftists wouldn't be trying to Red Flag people who didn't support gay marriage or trannie rights or vocal opponents of BLM? Hell if you were loudly critical of BLM in the spring of 2020 you were some kind of threat that needed to be removed. The Rats already think most Republicans are not so closeted Klan members. They would constantly be abusing these Red Flag laws.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hell, parents at school board meetings in Virginia were targeted by the dementia patients AG as "terrorists".
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

Do you think that leftists wouldn't be trying to Red Flag people who didn't support gay marriage or trannie rights or vocal opponents of BLM? Hell if you were loudly critical of BLM in the spring of 2020 you were some kind of threat that needed to be removed. The Rats already think most Republicans are not so closeted Klan members. They would constantly be abusing these Red Flag laws.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Red flag laws worry me the most. How on a zillion domestic disturbance calls and how loony and vindictive people are you'd know why this is a bad deal and a revenge weapon.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Red flag laws worry me the most. How on a zillion domestic disturbance calls and how loony and vindictive people are you'd know why this is a bad deal and a revenge weapon.

Just assume its true, seize the guns or deny the permit and then sue for your 2A rights in front of a commie admin judge with a two year hearing delay.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

USMChawk said:

pawz said:

How about stop raising weak incapable children

Gun safety training officially started this week with my 4yo

Imagine living through the last 3 years and thinking we need less self defense

Winner.

Will they commensurately raise the age for enlisting in armed services? So many rabbit holes there ...

Have an exception for military personnel. 21 if you’re a civilian, 18 if you’re in the military. If you happen to become a veteran, and are still under 21, you have to have an Honorable discharge. No loopholes for a POS who gets drummed out.

Apply this to the drinking age and voter age as well. I’d even concede this to the members of the Peace Corps since that too is federal service.
    The militia is the military and the rest of you are an unconstitutional standing army to be tolerated out of the necessity of the modern world.

If 18 is a citizen and capable of being drafted or voting then that's it.

If not, then fuck off.

Fuck this, "the government needs to manage and carve out more exemptions and exceptions."

There are literally millions of responsible 18yr gun owners. The gun death statistics don't remotely justify impingement on their rights as citizens so you all can "do something" and have good feels about it.

Talking to the room so don't take it personally @USMChawk or do and we can slap fight at the next tailgate.

This poster @UW_Doog_Bot makes some good points.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

pawz said:

Winner.

Will they commensurately raise the age for enlisting in armed services? So many rabbit holes there ...

Have an exception for military personnel. 21 if you’re a civilian, 18 if you’re in the military. If you happen to become a veteran, and are still under 21, you have to have an Honorable discharge. No loopholes for a POS who gets drummed out.

Apply this to the drinking age and voter age as well. I’d even concede this to the members of the Peace Corps since that too is federal service.
    The militia is the military and the rest of you are an unconstitutional standing army to be tolerated out of the necessity of the modern world.

If not, then fuck off.

Fuck this, "the government needs to manage and carve out more exemptions and exceptions."

There are literally millions of responsible 18yr gun owners. The gun death statistics don't remotely justify impingement on their rights as citizens so you all can "do something" and have good feels about it.

Talking to the room so don't take it personally @USMChawk or do and we can slap fight at the next tailgate.

I'm hearing that we should apply rights selectively to those that deserve them. That's what I'm hearing.

How's everyone feeling after getting red flagged for being on Hardcore Husky?
    They only allow us here so they can know who we are. JWIHDT.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

pawz said:

Winner.

If not, then fuck off.

I'm hearing that we should apply rights selectively to those that deserve them. That's what I'm hearing.

How's everyone feeling after getting red flagged for being on Hardcore Husky?
    Answer: More important than ever before.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,464
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

"Shall not be infringed"

HTH

This. Gun laws are all violations of the constitution.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,109

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

I don’t recall saying I aligned myself with the left.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    We don't recall you ever saying anything relevant or substantive. Just keep on blowing the dementia patient. You should get a job in an Alzheimer's unit, they would pay you instead of the other way around.
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

• Options
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

It's very obvious you align yourself with the left. You downvote anything not communist/socialist approved. What do you call it?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I despise anyone under like 25. They should get nothing.
  • Options

I despise anyone under like 25. They should get nothing.

There used to be a chain of bars names Studebakers (IIRC) you had to be 25 to get in. Didn't want the problem people.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

Actions speak louder than words.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    koopdog said:

Because my 18-20 year olds were qualified on things like 25mm Bushmaster, M-16, .50 cal, 20mm, M203, MK 19, etc. etc. etc. I bought my first hunting rifle with hay and lawn mowing money when I was 8. Like many bubbas that went in the military. We have always been a military of sharpshooters way back when we went all guerilla on the redcoats. One of the biggest reasons why our Army kicks ass.

A nation of rifleman are hard to keep down. We did in the most powerful army in the world to gain independence.

Russia got shot to pieces by the Finn's because they are a nation of riflemen as well. NRA was founded for this reason.