Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Give me the arguments for opposing raising the age to 21 to buy a gun

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gun Free Zones obviously don't work to prevent school shootings.

So why isn't anyone calling for their ban?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

USMChawk said:

pawz said:

How about stop raising weak incapable children

Gun safety training officially started this week with my 4yo

Imagine living through the last 3 years and thinking we need less self defense

Winner.

Will they commensurately raise the age for enlisting in armed services? So many rabbit holes there ...

Have an exception for military personnel. 21 if you’re a civilian, 18 if you’re in the military. If you happen to become a veteran, and are still under 21, you have to have an Honorable discharge. No loopholes for a POS who gets drummed out.

Apply this to the drinking age and voter age as well. I’d even concede this to the members of the Peace Corps since that too is federal service.
    See common ground. Hell maybe I am a moderate.
    Everyone says how moderate you are
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,756

SFGbob said:

USMChawk said:

pawz said:

Winner.

Will they commensurately raise the age for enlisting in armed services? So many rabbit holes there ...

Have an exception for military personnel. 21 if you’re a civilian, 18 if you’re in the military. If you happen to become a veteran, and are still under 21, you have to have an Honorable discharge. No loopholes for a POS who gets drummed out.

Apply this to the drinking age and voter age as well. I’d even concede this to the members of the Peace Corps since that too is federal service.
    Everyone says how moderate you are
    Damned near a centrist.

When does the downvoting start?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,614
    I think it was the 9th Circus court that just shot down 21 YO to buy. The most liberal circuit court in the nation. If you can go to war with a machine gun at 18 you should be able to buy a gun.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,089
    SFGbob said:

USMChawk said:

pawz said:

Winner.

Sort of like me.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,730
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

USMChawk said:

pawz said:

Winner.

Sort of like me.
    I'm wearing my down-vote as a badge of honor.

Hope this helps.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Dems need more than passing a bill raising the gun age to prevent the cataclysmic beatdown they will get in November. What I could see them do (like someone else said): Propose the increase in age, along with a bunch of other bullshit nobody wants, and dare republicans to oppose it. Republicans would vote it down, if Dems put enough stupid shit in the bill. Then Dems campaign for 2-3 months with the Republican no vote being the center of their campaigns. You watch. Welcome to American politics.

Give that man a cigar. They are trying to do that now with a Red Flag provision. Why wouldn't you be willing to surrender you due process rights unless you have something to hide?
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Dems need more than passing a bill raising the gun age to prevent the cataclysmic beatdown they will get in November. What I could see them do (like someone else said): Propose the increase in age, along with a bunch of other bullshit nobody wants, and dare republicans to oppose it. Republicans would vote it down, if Dems put enough stupid shit in the bill. Then Dems campaign for 2-3 months with the Republican no vote being the center of their campaigns. You watch. Welcome to American politics.

Give that man a cigar. They are trying to do that now with a Red Flag provision. Why wouldn't you be willing to surrender you due process rights unless you have something to hide?
    You could get RF and not know who was responsible. Just take your guns and then you get to prove you’re innocent. Spending $1000’s defending yourself. Dana L. had a great dissection of RFL.
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

You could get RF and not know who was responsible. Just take your guns and then you get to prove you’re innocent. Spending $1000’s defending yourself. Dana L. had a great dissection of RFL.
    It would basically be the ex-wife/girlfriend disarmament law.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

Yup and you’re the danger until you prove otherwise. I’m sure this will stop mass shootings.

Now how do we address the disgruntled patient walking into his Docs office and killing him, a patient, another Doc and the receptionist? I’m sure our DIM leaders have the solution.
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

Yup and you’re the danger until you prove otherwise. I’m sure this will stop mass shootings.

Now how do we address the disgruntled patient walking into his Docs office and killing him, a patient, another Doc and the receptionist? I’m sure our DIM leaders have the solution.
    Since Rat party member do most of the killing with guns should we have a Red Flag law for Rats?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,778
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I know people who are 26 or 27 who are less mature than an 18 year old in the 60s, 70, or 80s.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,559
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd be interested in looking at expended background checks for under 21. Specifically- i would want to look at their social media. Too many of the folks doing the shooting advertise their intent- For the life of me I can't understand an algorithm like Facebook that doesn't allow nudity, but can't see a dimwad showing off his gat and captioning it with "stay home".

But tit for tat- schools need to step up as well- get rid of the fucking CRT and diversity counselors and step up and say something when kids are bullied, truant, isolated. The tagline is the same- Never really fit in, picked on younger kids, etc.

Sadly, I don't think the anti gun lobby wants any solution outside of restricting/eliminating the purchase and therefore will not honestly compromise to find a workable solution.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,756
    Swaye said:

I just cut and paste this from my comment two weeks ago in the Race thread:

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

That was my hot take right after it happened and nothings changed with me. If I was King for a day I'd raise the age to 21 because kids are retards much longer now, but at 21 let you own a cannon, bazooka or tank (unfettered). Age is about the only thing I think should be regulated with the 2A.

21 works with an exemption for those in the military.

I'd also strengthen laws on the books holding the retard parents whose kids take their guns with criminal penalties. The Freeman WA shooter was 14 fucking years old - he got the gun from his daddy's safe. Lock that shit up.

Kids are fucking retards until they are in the late 20's these days. It takes getting dropped off mommy's insurance coverage and kicked out of the basement before they level up for the most part.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I just cut and paste this from my comment two weeks ago in the Race thread:

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

That was my hot take right after it happened and nothings changed with me. If I was King for a day I'd raise the age to 21 because kids are retards much longer now, but at 21 let you own a cannon, bazooka or tank (unfettered). Age is about the only thing I think should be regulated with the 2A.

21 works with an exemption for those in the military.

I'd also strengthen laws on the books holding the retard parents whose kids take their guns with criminal penalties. The Freeman WA shooter was 14 fucking years old - he got the gun from his daddy's safe. Lock that shit up.

Kids are fucking retards until they are in the late 20's these days. It takes getting dropped off mommy's insurance coverage and kicked out of the basement before they level up for the most part.

Yeah military exemption for sure.