Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Down goes Chesa

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The cheating is off the charts in Kali.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The number of crimes that don't get reported are very high, even in Seattle, and other jurisdictions.

The scary part in Seattle is that the DA election was closer than I thought it would be.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If you don't arrest people and you don't prosecute them and the people stop reporting crime because they know nothing will happen it's amazing how much the crime rate drops.

More people died in San Francisco last year from fentanyl overdoses than covid-19, yet District Attorney Chesa Boudin did not convict a single person in 2021 for dealing the lethal opioid.

I guess fentanyl isn't really a problem in SF.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025

Swaye said:

All the Ultra Maga's in San Fran did this.

All joking aside, I heard a report a couple months ago how Bay Area Chinese and some Japanese and Koreans were getting political and going "MAGA" because they're disgusted by how the state/city are being run. The report focused on the Chinese saying how they usually don't like to get active politically but things have gotten way out of hand.
    Anecdotally this is true, Chinese American highschool kid I tutored in the city and all his buddies have turned pretty MAGA.

But it was incredibly disingenuous the way the Boudin campaign ran their recall election. Only 7 percent of San Franciscans are registered republicans, while there was some conservative outside funding this wasn’t some sinister outside take down. Trump wasn’t flying in to appoint the new DA, London Breed would get to pick a new DA.

People are sick of car break ins, sick of open air drug markets, sick of crazy homeless people running around doing whatever they want, sick of burglaries and package thefts. The Asian American community feels like they aren’t being heard.

I spent the last few years living in Polk Gulch, kind of the intersection of Pac Heights, Nob Hill, with spill over from the tenderloin. I felt like I was gaslighted with the reports that crime is down under Boudin based on what I have witnessed, and anecdotal evidence from my friends. The vast majority of shit never even gets reported. I voted to recall, all of my friends did as well, I guess according to Chesa Boudin supporters I’m no longer a Democrat but whatever.

Breed no longer has a scape goat to hide behind so she better get to fixing or her political ambitions might be blown up next.
    If they aren't being prosecuted there isn't any crime. It's just common sense...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Blamer in Chief

President Joe Biden told reporters on Wednesday that the primaries that took place the day before "sent a clear message" about crime and gun violence.

"I think the voters sent a clear message last night. Both parties have to step up and do something about crime, as well as gun violence," Biden said before stepping on board Air Force One.

He went on to note that the American Rescue Plan allocated billions "to hire police officers and reform the police departments," but said that "very few have done it."

"The first major bill we passed, we gave the states and localities billions of dollars, billions of dollars, and encourage them to use it to hire police officers and reform their police departments. Very few have done it," Biden said.

"It's time the states and the localities spend the money they have to deal with crime, as well as retrain police officers, as well as provide for more community policing. It's time to get on with doing that. And that's what I think the message last night from the American public was in all the primaries," he continued.

Biden's remarks come the day after San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin, one of the most liberal prosecutors serving in a major U.S. city, lost a recall election.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The problem isn’t a policing problem. The police aren’t the one letting people out of jail and refusing to prosecute the people they arrest.

Fuck Biden, and fuck the lame ass press that lets him get away with spouting that bullshit.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475
    Crimes against Asians skyrocketed in 2020, so there should be no surprise that Asians were in full-force for a recall.

There's a reason why Black Lives Matter and Stop Asian Hate never cooperated together. BLM was all about defunding the police whereas SAH were strong proponents of more funding and better police to stop racism against Asians.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

The Blamer in Chief

President Joe Biden told reporters on Wednesday that the primaries that took place the day before "sent a clear message" about crime and gun violence.

"I think the voters sent a clear message last night. Both parties have to step up and do something about crime, as well as gun violence," Biden said before stepping on board Air Force One.

He went on to note that the American Rescue Plan allocated billions "to hire police officers and reform the police departments," but said that "very few have done it."

"The first major bill we passed, we gave the states and localities billions of dollars, billions of dollars, and encourage them to use it to hire police officers and reform their police departments. Very few have done it," Biden said.

"It's time the states and the localities spend the money they have to deal with crime, as well as retrain police officers, as well as provide for more community policing. It's time to get on with doing that. And that's what I think the message last night from the American public was in all the primaries," he continued.

Biden's remarks come the day after San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin, one of the most liberal prosecutors serving in a major U.S. city, lost a recall election.

This guy is a fucking liar and brain dead. As are most of his supporters.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942

The Blamer in Chief

Joe is about as convincing as that bullshit ad Patty Murray was running where she claimed she stands up for the middle class.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

All joking aside, I heard a report a couple months ago how Bay Area Chinese and some Japanese and Koreans were getting political and going "MAGA" because they're disgusted by how the state/city are being run. The report focused on the Chinese saying how they usually don't like to get active politically but things have gotten way out of hand.
    Anecdotally this is true, Chinese American highschool kid I tutored in the city and all his buddies have turned pretty MAGA.

But it was incredibly disingenuous the way the Boudin campaign ran their recall election. Only 7 percent of San Franciscans are registered republicans, while there was some conservative outside funding this wasn’t some sinister outside take down. Trump wasn’t flying in to appoint the new DA, London Breed would get to pick a new DA.

People are sick of car break ins, sick of open air drug markets, sick of crazy homeless people running around doing whatever they want, sick of burglaries and package thefts. The Asian American community feels like they aren’t being heard.

I spent the last few years living in Polk Gulch, kind of the intersection of Pac Heights, Nob Hill, with spill over from the tenderloin. I felt like I was gaslighted with the reports that crime is down under Boudin based on what I have witnessed, and anecdotal evidence from my friends. The vast majority of shit never even gets reported. I voted to recall, all of my friends did as well, I guess according to Chesa Boudin supporters I’m no longer a Democrat but whatever.

Breed no longer has a scape goat to hide behind so she better get to fixing or her political ambitions might be blown up next.
    Are San Franciscans as besieged with white guilt as Seattleites or Portlanders? If so, SF is fucked, regardless.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Sources said:

Only actual support came from Hayes, Haight, and Mission. Better to have fentanyl than clean streets I guess

Edit:

Curtis Bradford, co-chair of the Tenderloin People’s Congress, opposed the recall and considers it “a political hatchet job” on one person who can’t be blamed for all the city’s crises, which include homelessness, stark income inequality and untreated mental illness. He said the pandemic induced fear and chaos and shined a bright light on where government isn’t working, prompting people to be understandably upset.

“Generally, we all want the same things — clean, safe neighborhoods, access to food and health care and housing. We want people to be taken care of and crime to be low and our children to be safe,” Bradford said. “There’s a sense that our needs aren’t being met whether you’re living in the Tenderloin or you’re living in Pacific Heights.”

First , why the fuck does the Tenderloin have a "Congress"

Second, notice how the things people supposedly want don't include any accountability? Handouts, handouts, handouts.
    AZN's look to have voted in favor of recall. Urban housewives not so much.

Marxist White Privilege

Doesn't have quite the KKK imagery but it is killing African Americans at a far greater pace than Gates and Sanger ever could have planned.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    Founders Club

Crimes against Asians skyrocketed in 2020, so there should be no surprise that Asians were in full-force for a recall.

There's a reason why Black Lives Matter and Stop Asian Hate never cooperated together.
    BLM was all about defunding the police whereas SAH were strong proponents of more funding and better police to stop racism against Asians.

Not to mention, blacks are the ones committing all the hate crimes against the Asians. I was told they're the smart ones.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Getting robbed and beaten in the streets only to see the person who did it recieve a slap on the wrist tends to focus the mind.
    "Getting robbed and beaten in the streets only to see the person who did it receive a slap on the wrist tends to focus the mind."

-- Lao Tsu
    YBE

• Options

The Blamer in Chief

Joe is about as convincing as that bullshit ad Patty Murray was running where she claimed she stands up for the middle class.

Is she still in tennis shoes?
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Sources said:

Only actual support came from Hayes, Haight, and Mission. Better to have fentanyl than clean streets I guess

Edit:

Curtis Bradford, co-chair of the Tenderloin People’s Congress, opposed the recall and considers it “a political hatchet job” on one person who can’t be blamed for all the city’s crises, which include homelessness, stark income inequality and untreated mental illness. He said the pandemic induced fear and chaos and shined a bright light on where government isn’t working, prompting people to be understandably upset.

“Generally, we all want the same things — clean, safe neighborhoods, access to food and health care and housing. We want people to be taken care of and crime to be low and our children to be safe,” Bradford said. “There’s a sense that our needs aren’t being met whether you’re living in the Tenderloin or you’re living in Pacific Heights.”

Second, notice how the things people supposedly want don't include any accountability? Handouts, handouts, handouts.
    AZN's look to have voted in favor of recall. Urban housewives not so much.

Marxist White Privilege

Doesn't have quite the KKK imagery but it is killing African Americans at a far greater pace than Gates and Sanger ever could have planned.
    Progressives still spouting the BS that crime in SF was all tied to "income inequality". Funny how it finally came to a head when the the little Commie with the trash parents became DA.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sources said:

Edit:

when hunters point says 'crime is too high' you have a problem.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

If you don't arrest people and you don't prosecute them and the people stop reporting crime because they know nothing will happen it's amazing how much the crime rate drops.

More people died in San Francisco last year from fentanyl overdoses than covid-19, yet District Attorney Chesa Boudin did not convict a single person in 2021 for dealing the lethal opioid.

I guess fentanyl isn't really a problem in SF.

maybe he was dealin on the side? not cheap to live in that city.