Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beating a dead horse

13»

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

doogville said:

I’m in LIPO mode, but the fact that DeBoer wasn’t linked to any other job openings of note is a concern. Based on what is out there. he was basically begging for the UW job (and took it at a salary below market comps).

So, yea. Cohen was looking for a bargain & a coach who wouldn’t rock the boat/scandal free. DeBoer fits that mold. And we did not have to lure him away from other suitors. We offered, he accepted.

We’ll see if he can get it done at the highest level. Track record seems promising, but he has not been coaching in the big leagues for that long.

Deboer would have resigned from Fresnp Friday night b4 Kent State Game and flew up here to lead UW out of tunnel Saturday night if that is when we would have offered him position.

How recruiting is going speaks for itself, but his success/failure will be determined by how much of a offensive minded unicorn he is, and his ability to out scheme and coach teams.

I'm at 7/8 wins for us this year, which doesn't change the narrative enough for 2024 recruiting especially if our NIL and MF programs continue as they have so far.
    So we should have hired a coach who was burned out and didn't want to do this?

'It's a red flag that we hired a coach that is 110% invested in making us a winner, when he has been a winner everywhere he's been at'

-GoDawgsStupidTurd
    Yes we should have hired a burned out coach. That's exactly what I said.

98% of all coaches are 110% invested in making their programs winners. Awesome we hired one of them.

He's been a head coach at one location and dominated just like the guy b4 him did, and the one after him did. Fresno State not enough data to say one way or other.

After going after Campbell, why did Jen feel such a strong need to grab Deboer so quickly like we were in a bidding war? Take Matt Campbell out of the equation, and the other 4-5 candidates were #settling

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

doogville said:

I’m in LIPO mode, but the fact that DeBoer wasn’t linked to any other job openings of note is a concern. Based on what is out there. he was basically begging for the UW job (and took it at a salary below market comps).

So, yea. Cohen was looking for a bargain & a coach who wouldn’t rock the boat/scandal free. DeBoer fits that mold. And we did not have to lure him away from other suitors. We offered, he accepted.

We’ll see if he can get it done at the highest level. Track record seems promising, but he has not been coaching in the big leagues for that long.

Deboer would have resigned from Fresnp Friday night b4 Kent State Game and flew up here to lead UW out of tunnel Saturday night if that is when we would have offered him position.

How recruiting is going speaks for itself, but his success/failure will be determined by how much of a offensive minded unicorn he is, and his ability to out scheme and coach teams.

I'm at 7/8 wins for us this year, which doesn't change the narrative enough for 2024 recruiting especially if our NIL and MF programs continue as they have so far.

'It's a red flag that we hired a coach that is 110% invested in making us a winner, when he has been a winner everywhere he's been at'

-GoDawgsStupidTurd

98% of all coaches are 110% invested in making their programs winners. Awesome we hired one of them.

He's been a head coach at one location and dominated just like the guy b4 him did, and the one after him did. Fresno State not enough data to say one way or other.

After going after Campbell, why did Jen feel such a strong need to grab Deboer so quickly like we were in a bidding war? Take Matt Campbell out of the equation, and the other 4-5 candidates were #settling

We didn’t break the bank for DeBoer. Jen sucks, but at some point they targeted DeBoer and got him. Why should it continue to be strung out? We went from the pipe dream of Stoops, to the rumors of Campbell, to DeBoer.

And no, the coach before DeBoer and after DeBoer at Sioux Falls did not dominate at the same level.

The coach at Sioux Falls before Deboer had his best years with DeBoer and Morrell on staff. He also did not dominate like DeBoer did. The coach after did not dominate like DeBoer did.

I agree that Fresno State is a small sample size. He has a good coaching track record. Offenses werr better with him and worse once he left.

If you want to question whether he can recruit well enough, fair, but a good portion of your post is fiction and screams craving sizzle.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

doogville said:

-GoDawgsStupidTurd

We didn’t break the bank for DeBoer. Jen sucks, but at some point they targeted DeBoer and got him. Why should it continue to be strung out? We went from the pipe dream of Stoops, to the rumors of Campbell, to DeBoer.

And no, the coach before DeBoer and after DeBoer at Sioux Falls did not dominate at the same level.

The coach at Sioux Falls before Deboer had his best years with DeBoer and Morrell on staff. He also did not dominate like DeBoer did. The coach after did not dominate like DeBoer did.

I agree that Fresno State is a small sample size. He has a good coaching track record. Offenses werr better with him and worse once he left.

If you want to question whether he can recruit well enough, fair, but a good portion of your post is fiction and screams craving sizzle. </blockq

How many ppg were his offenses over the National Average at Fresno State, along with Indiana does anyone know?

Everyone can see how recruiting is going, so no need to beat that horse.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogville said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

doogville said:

-GoDawgsStupidTurd
    This is dumb. There are 10,000 college coaches who would crawl over broken glass to be head coach at UW. Their enthusiasm for the job has little to do with whether they have the skill set to be successful.

We all want DeBoner to be the guy, but this attitude about how he’s some impeccable hire is really weird.

The dude spent 20 years slogging away as a complete nobody in college football — and please save me this Sioux Falls bullshit.

DeBoner has exactly one (1) year of P5 experience. And his staff of other “nobodies” (with one exception) demonstrates that.

He was available and cheap. Let’s not make more of this than it is.

Now, go win 10 games and prove all the doubters wrong.
    The cynical part of me also wonders how much Tedford was recommending him so that Tedford could go back to Fresno once DeBoner left.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Recruiting isn’t even going poorly huh?