Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beating a dead horse

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Reading the tbs people and many other comments on this site they should have (and easily could have) hired the BC coach. Because he out recruited that school's average by a mile. Young Dan Lanning type that will supply the official recruiting visits with all the hookers and blow needed.

I think he was barely even .500 in the ACC that sucks far worse than the PAC PAC PAC, though

Deserves own thread?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doesn’t matter at minimum until Jen is out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The coach matters. Jenn is the ultimate anchor but Halfley or whoever the fuck, Wilcock, or even Smith would have been a disaster. Same with the XFL coach.

So the boosters approved a developer with a great system and trying to out-scout people. It makes a lot of sense even though yeah, I agree with the HHP guys that the 5 million difference should be spent somewhere useful toward the getting talent.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meanwhile, UW is at the library talking to no one.

If we are bashing sitting with the nerds at the library, then i am fucking out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Meanwhile, UW is at the library talking to no one.

If we are bashing sitting alone at the library, then i am fucking out
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

The coach matters. Jenn is the ultimate anchor but Halfley or whoever the fuck, Wilcock, or even Smith would have been a disaster. Same with the XFL coach.

So the boosters approved a developer with a great system and trying to out-scout people. It makes a lot of sense even though yeah, I agree with the HHP guys that the 5 million difference should be spent somewhere useful toward the getting talent.
    Everything I’ve heard is that DeBoer was the backup plan to Campbell and Jen couldn’t close Campbell

DeBoer has as many red flags as he has positives
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Everything I’ve heard is that DeBoer was the backup plan to Campbell and Jen couldn’t close Campbell

Bury Post
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Please itemize his positives and negatives (red flags) without your usual tequillaesque empty verbiage. TYFYS
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Please itemize his positives and negatives (red flags) without your usual tequillaesque empty verbiage. TYFYS
    I'm not in the mood for a war of words with Teq or anyone else, but he keeps making thst unsupported statement. DeBoer's "red flag" is that he's a new guy at this level with limited recruiting experience outside of the FSU or Indiana tier. Everything else thst matters...past success, good offenses, teams thst play and hit hard, and teams thst play up to the competition...is a positive.

UW should be able to hire a big time coach from the same lists thst the blue blood programs hire from. I get the disgust. It's all image bullshit though. If Deboer is good, and there are zero signs that he's not, the name recognition nonsense will stop being a factor within a season or two.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

I'm not in the mood for a war of words with Teq or anyone else, but he keeps making thst unsupported statement. DeBoer's "red flag" is that he's a new guy at this level with limited recruiting experience outside of the FSU or Indiana tier. Everything else thst matters...past success, good offenses, teams thst play and hit hard, and teams thst play up to the competition...is a positive.

UW should be able to hire a big time coach from the same lists thst the blue blood programs hire from. I get the disgust. It's all image bullshit though. If Deboer is good, and there are zero signs that he's not, the name recognition nonsense will stop being a factor within a season or two.
    Blue bloods hired guys like Sark. Florida's hire looks questionable and he's already talking about not getting into pay for play, etc. Was LSU's hire great? I don't know, Notre Dame already had a ton of advantages.

Only USC made an elite hire, and the guy brought his shit DC with him.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Blue bloods hired guys like Sark. Florida's hire looks questionable and he's already talking about not getting into pay for play, etc. Was LSU's hire great? I don't know, Notre Dame already had a ton of advantages.

Those guys you mention hardly work out at a better rate, if it's better at all, than guys that come from lower tiers, and the cost 2-4 times as much.

And yeah, there are still head scratches like Texas hiring Sark. Jesus. How is a proven, mediocre retread like that even in the conversation?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Those guys you mention hardly work out at a better rate, if it's better at all, than guys that come from lower tiers, and the cost 2-4 times as much.

And yeah, there are still head scratches like Texas hiring Sark. Jesus. How is a proven, mediocre retread like that even in the conversation?
    The Saban rehab clinic
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

I just think Deboer was a thoughtful/good hire, even if Jenn sucks, even if he wasn't her first choice initially, and even if it doesn't work out. What was a big dick hire? xfl coach? Go poach Mel Tucker?

I think the only really good argument would be that they could have backed up the truck for J Freshwater and told him he can get revenge on the conference that tarmac'd him while boating to work and drinking fancy coffee.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m in LIPO mode, but the fact that DeBoer wasn’t linked to any other job openings of note is a concern. Based on what is out there. he was basically begging for the UW job (and took it at a salary below market comps).

So, yea. Cohen was looking for a bargain & a coach who wouldn’t rock the boat/scandal free. DeBoer fits that mold. And we did not have to lure him away from other suitors. We offered, he accepted.

We’ll see if he can get it done at the highest level. Track record seems promising, but he has not been coaching in the big leagues for that long.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    doogville said:

I’m in LIPO mode, but the fact that DeBoer wasn’t linked to any other job openings of note is a concern. Based on what is out there. he was basically begging for the UW job (and took it at a salary below market comps).

So, yea. Cohen was looking for a bargain & a coach who wouldn’t rock the boat/scandal free. DeBoer fits that mold. And we did not have to lure him away from other suitors. We offered, he accepted.

We’ll see if he can get it done at the highest level. Track record seems promising, but he has not been coaching in the big leagues for that long.

He didn't have much time at Fresno so I can understand if he didn't have a lot of schools interested yet.

Why wouldn't he be really into the UW job? Amazing university, tons of money, talent on the roster that just wasn't utilized, state has plenty of talent. Can sell assistants on living in a great location.

Easy as fuck conference, rival just hired some fucktard named Dillingham, other "rival" hired a coach because he won one game against a shit staff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

There's not ton of evidence to suggest though that Campbell is more likely to win at UW than DeBoner.
    The Campbell stuff is so embellished, and so predictable that Tequilla would eat it up.

Even if he flirted with UW and declined (there's nothing tangible out there that that happened btw), who gives a shit. "You guys suck and your stadium will be a peapatch in 5 years, I'm going to stay at Iowa fucking state instead. Enjoy boating to work in a world class city I'm too busy going .500 or worse in some fucking corn fields."

He is a symbol of the Doog because he beat down an Oregon team that didn't even win their own division.