Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If this is half true

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Report out (still LIPO mode for now) that cops took an hour to finally breach and kill him. Wow, an hour. If that is true that won't play well but this is a small town...at the same tim how come the Border Patrol Tac Team breached and not the local SWAT (there are social media posts that they have a SWAT team). I always thought it odd BP had to roll in if they had a SWAT team (another question why the fuck does a town that small even have SWAT?)...anyway sifting through this will take some tim for sure. It's a mess.

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

Also, it's somewhat difficult to get a permit and driver's license. Maybe the process of buying a gun should require testing and training.

I can't recall why there is opposition from the NRA for background checks. Is it a privacy issue and or the classification from government officials, who can NEVER be trusted IMO, of who can or cannot buy a gun?
    After the last two years a national gun registry sounds like a bad idea and background checks lead to it

Again I don't have a gun but am glad a lot of folks do

I do agree on raising the age

After the covid school closures have fucked over a generation might not be a good idea to arm them
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm assuming no shots were being fired and the shooter was barricaded in place and that's why the police didn't enter. LIPO sounds like the right course at this point.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Report out (still LIPO mode for now) that cops took an hour to finally breach and kill him. Wow, an hour. If that is true that won't play well but this is a small town...at the same tim how come the Border Patrol Tac Team breached and not the local SWAT (there are social media posts that they have a SWAT team). I always thought it odd BP had to roll in if they had a SWAT team (another question why the fuck does a town that small even have SWAT?)...anyway sifting through this will take some tim for sure. It's a mess.

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

I'm not saying no to upping the age, but we allow 18 year olds to fight in wars and kill non-Americans.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I'm not saying no to upping the age, but we allow 18 year olds to fight in wars and kill non-Americans.
    Only brown ones.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Also, it's somewhat difficult to get a permit and driver's license. Maybe the process of buying a gun should require testing and training.

I can't recall why there is opposition from the NRA for background checks. Is it a privacy issue and or the classification from government officials, who can NEVER be trusted IMO, of who can or cannot buy a gun?
    After the last two years a national gun registry sounds like a bad idea and background checks lead to it

After the covid school closures have fucked over a generation might not be a good idea to arm them
    What part of shall not be infringed do you not understand?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Shall

Never understood that
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Shall

Never understood that
    Well regulated
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm assuming no shots were being fired and the shooter was barricaded in place and that's why the police didn't enter. LIPO sounds like the right course at this point.

From what I heard from a buddy down that way who knows some guys who know some guys, that was pretty much the case. Unfortunately, it sounds like the kids were all dead within the first few minutes. The school was locked down and he was barricaded in one room. The actual lockdown protocols kind of worked the way they were supposed to. It's kind of like when sailors are on a ship and it springs a leak. They lock down the area of the leak to save the ship, but really fuck the sailors that are in the locked in area.

This kind of sounds like that. Shooting was long over, an officer or two had already been shot, and they waited until the guys who were trained to breach a locked room arrived. Terrible situation to be in, but also kind of understandable.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

But we won't let them buy alcohol until 21. My big problem is that blue cities with Soros DAs won't enforce existing gun laws. So, more gun restrictions that are only aimed at suburban whites who aren't the problem.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,967
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022
    Bob_C said:
    This guy claims 5 were killed on Jan. 6th. And those mean repubs will not investigate.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bob_C said:
    Lol Jesus people are stupid. It’s a border town, the cops are mostly Hispanic too you dumb fuck.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Not to be a dick, but I'm guessing the Austin or San Antonio police are better equipped and trained on this sort of thing than a town of 15k
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Watching the news. Yep got to LIPO because it just came out that all the shit we heard about him being confronted by a cop (who got shot) before he got to the room was fake news. He evidently walked unmolested from the unlocked door to the classroom and murdered everyone. A few minutes into it a couple cops tried to breach and they got shot. Then we waited an hour to kill him but pretty much all the kids were dead in the first few minutes. Sad as fuck but also proves that the first 3 stories you hear are usually bullshit.

Yep, the first 3 stories you hear and any story from the Dazzler.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022
    Off duty BP agent went in on his own and took a round through the top of his ball cap, grazing his skull. A student was on a phone with authorities and was told to cry out for help. They were then killed by the lunatic. A little girl rubbed blood on herself from another student and played dead.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    edited May 2022
    RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Driving is not a constitutionally guaranteed right (It is a privilege). Guns are. Background checks are nationwide have been for years.

Can't weigh in on the shooting mess haven't seen much. On a MC trip.