Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If this is half true

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Watching the news. Yep got to LIPO because it just came out that all the shit we heard about him being confronted by a cop (who got shot) before he got to the room was fake news. He evidently walked unmolested from the unlocked door to the classroom and murdered everyone. A few minutes into it a couple cops tried to breach and they got shot. Then we waited an hour to kill him but pretty much all the kids were dead in the first few minutes. Sad as fuck but also proves that the first 3 stories you hear are usually bullshit.

There's a report from survivors the police were shouting at them to call out to them and that one child was slaughtered for complying.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I was told everyone would be getting ribbons.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

RoadTrip said:

Swaye said:

Report out (still LIPO mode for now) that cops took an hour to finally breach and kill him. Wow, an hour. If that is true that won't play well but this is a small town...at the same tim how come the Border Patrol Tac Team breached and not the local SWAT (there are social media posts that they have a SWAT team). I always thought it odd BP had to roll in if they had a SWAT team (another question why the fuck does a town that small even have SWAT?)...anyway sifting through this will take some tim for sure. It's a mess.

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

Also, it's somewhat difficult to get a permit and driver's license. Maybe the process of buying a gun should require testing and training.

I can't recall why there is opposition from the NRA for background checks. Is it a privacy issue and or the classification from government officials, who can NEVER be trusted IMO, of who can or cannot buy a gun?
    Driving is not a constitutionally guaranteed right (It is a privilege). Guns are. Background checks are nationwide have been for years.

Can't weigh in on the shooting mess haven't seen much. On a MC trip.
    What about the gun show loophole where people buy machine guns all willy nilly
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What about ghost cars?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My rule is this: Weird people shouldn't have guns. I'm fine with any law that implements that standard.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Report out (still LIPO mode for now) that cops took an hour to finally breach and kill him. Wow, an hour. If that is true that won't play well but this is a small town...at the same tim how come the Border Patrol Tac Team breached and not the local SWAT (there are social media posts that they have a SWAT team). I always thought it odd BP had to roll in if they had a SWAT team (another question why the fuck does a town that small even have SWAT?)...anyway sifting through this will take some tim for sure. It's a mess.

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

I'm not saying no to upping the age, but we allow 18 year olds to fight in wars and kill non-Americans.
    Only brown ones.
    Asians are brown now?

I did not know that.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I'm not saying no to upping the age, but we allow 18 year olds to fight in wars and kill non-Americans.
    Only brown ones.
    Asians are brown now?

I did not know that.
    Asians are like a chameleon. You just project the wanted background and then there you are.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks to be at least half true

https://newsmax.com/headline/police-shooter-texas-mistakes/2022/05/27/id/1071839/

Panicked children and teachers placed half a dozen calls to 911 emergency services from the Texas classrooms where a massacre was unfolding, pleading for police to intervene, while roughly 20 officers waited in a hallway for nearly an hour before entering the room, authorities said on Friday.
    At least two children called the 911 emergency number from the two connecting classrooms after 18-year-old Salvador Ramos entered with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, according to Colonel Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The on-site commander, the chief of the school district's police department in Uvalde, Texas, believed Ramos was barricaded inside the classroom and that children were no longer at risk, giving police time to prepare, McCraw said.

"From the benefit of hindsight where I'm sitting now, of course, it was not the right decision," McCraw said. "It was the wrong decision."
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

https://newsmax.com/headline/police-shooter-texas-mistakes/2022/05/27/id/1071839/

Panicked children and teachers placed half a dozen calls to 911 emergency services from the Texas classrooms where a massacre was unfolding, pleading for police to intervene, while roughly 20 officers waited in a hallway for nearly an hour before entering the room, authorities said on Friday.
    At least two children called the 911 emergency number from the two connecting classrooms after 18-year-old Salvador Ramos entered with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, according to Colonel Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The on-site commander, the chief of the school district's police department in Uvalde, Texas, believed Ramos was barricaded inside the classroom and that children were no longer at risk, giving police time to prepare, McCraw said.

"From the benefit of hindsight where I'm sitting now, of course, it was not the right decision," McCraw said. "It was the wrong decision."

On Tucker last night, the clueless police spokesman asked what "barricaded" meant. A locked door or more? After two days, the spokesman hadn't a clue. So, the get out of jail free card for the cops was that the shooter was "barricaded" in a class room. What if he un-barricaded himself and then went to the next class room? Ever think of that? Geezus.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Only brown ones.
    Asians are brown now?

I did not know that.
    I think we need a ruling from Stalin here.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

On Tucker last night, the clueless police spokesman asked what "barricaded" meant. A locked door or more? After two days, the spokesman hadn't a clue. So, the get out of jail free card for the cops was that the shooter was "barricaded" in a class room. What if he un-barricaded himself and then went to the next class room? Ever think of that? Geezus.
    So the battering ram vehicle that the ATF used in Waco was NOT available?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

Swaye said:

Only brown ones.
    Asians are brown now?

I did not know that.
    If it helps them, yes.

I saw a news story a couple of years ago about the fire dept doing a recruiting drive for "people of color". The reporter was Asian. One of the other news people commented that she could apply because she is a person of color. Not a joke.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Only brown ones.
    Asians are brown now?

I did not know that.
    If it helps them, yes.

I saw a news story a couple of years ago about the fire dept doing a recruiting drive for "people of color". The reporter was Asian. One of the other news people commented that she could apply because she is a person of color. Not a joke.
    What would happen if I called them Yellow? Or people of color?

I'll head over to Uwajimaya and try it out.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

So the flame-throwing battering ram vehicle that the ATF used in Waco was NOT available?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Only brown ones.
    Asians are brown now?

I did not know that.
    The judges would have also accepted black, white or yellow.