Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Where DeBoer Ranks on Early Power 5 Football Coaches' List

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fisch over Dickert is just plain dumb if you consider actual results. I am all for putting ANYTHING cuog at the bottom but it doesn't seem right, here.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    What dickert did last season was more impressive to me than what Fisch, Dorrell, and Herm did, especially since they beat ASU during the season.
    I could be wrong because Rolo recruited the team and put the staff in place, but the way the admin fired him and half the staff during the season, salvaging a 7-6 year for the cuogs is quite the feat imo
    Fisch put 12 men on the field against UW after a timeout to lose the game, he is only ranked higher because of the crazy ass class they had this season, which is… fischy.

Let me have it.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    theLSkid said:

What dickert did last season was more impressive to me than what Fisch, Dorrell, and Herm did, especially since they beat ASU during the season.
    I could be wrong because Rolo recruited the team and put the staff in place, but the way the admin fired him and half the staff during the season, salvaging a 7-6 year for the cuogs is quite the feat imo
    Fisch put 12 men on the field against UW after a timeout to lose the game, he is only ranked higher because of the crazy ass class they had this season, which is… fischy.

Let me have it.

I agree
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

author called him kirk ferentz light, spot on.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    fucking list is shit:

team logo
    Texas
    Steve Sarkisian: This is one of the more confusing results of our rankings this season, though aspects having nothing to do with Sarkisian himself -- the influx of new coaches, substantial drops of others -- may have simply resulted in Sark's slight rise. Last year, Sarkisian took the Texas job and showed up at No. 46 in our rankings. Then, after the Longhorns went 5-7, losing six of the last seven games (including to Kansas) and missing a bowl game for the first time since 2016, Sark rises seven spots in our rankings. I suppose landing a QB like Quinn Ewers and other transfers this offseason has some voters feeling more bullish on him than the results dictate. 2021 rank: 46 (+7)

yes this makes a ton of sense, lose to kansas, pop off 7 spots in the rankings.

I FUCKING HATE LISTS!!!!!!111111!!!!111!!!!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

fucking list is shit:

team logo
    Texas
    Steve Sarkisian: This is one of the more confusing results of our rankings this season, though aspects having nothing to do with Sarkisian himself -- the influx of new coaches, substantial drops of others -- may have simply resulted in Sark's slight rise. Last year, Sarkisian took the Texas job and showed up at No. 46 in our rankings. Then, after the Longhorns went 5-7, losing six of the last seven games (including to Kansas) and missing a bowl game for the first time since 2016, Sark rises seven spots in our rankings. I suppose landing a QB like Quinn Ewers and other transfers this offseason has some voters feeling more bullish on him than the results dictate. 2021 rank: 46 (+7)

yes this makes a ton of sense, lose to kansas, pop off 7 spots in the rankings.

I FUCKING HATE LISTS!!!!!!111111!!!!111!!!!

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Beat Oregon nothing else matters!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

He took his boss's offense and his boss's quarterback and beat the shitty teams (UW, ASU, Arizona) and lost to the decent teams (BYU, Oregon), and then got rid of his boss's offense and quarterback. His defense is typical 'elite cewg' where everyone's impressed it's not bottom 2 in the conference, but it wasn't the reason he did anything.

He is going to ride that Apple Cup until they can finally afford a new staff (~8 years)
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    EwaDawg said:

Fisch over Dickert is just plain dumb if you consider actual results. I am all for putting ANYTHING cuog at the bottom but it doesn't seem right, here.

Yep. Good recruiting for Fisch considering the circumstances, but he’s never been a very good assistant coach and be hired Johnny fucking Nansen to be his DC. They are going to be horrible again and another 1-3 win season will definitely affect recruiting.

I forgot they have DeLaura. They might have a decent season for them. Hiring Johnny Nansen as DC tho is a fucking batshit crazy decision.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

He took his boss's offense and his boss's quarterback and beat the shitty teams (UW, ASU, Arizona) and lost to the decent teams (BYU, Oregon), and then got rid of his boss's offense and quarterback. His defense is typical 'elite cewg' where everyone's impressed it's not bottom 2 in the conference, but it wasn't the reason he did anything.

He is going to ride that Apple Cup until they can finally afford a new staff (~8 years)
    DeLaura is a good QB, but I think the OC and new QB will be good and it will work out for them .
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

DeLaura is a good QB, but I think the OC and new QB will be good and it will work out for them .
    I don’t get the Dickert love. When an adverse event happens to a sports team, like the coach has a heart attack and dies or the coach gets fired for not taking a vaccine, the teams tend to go one of two ways. They galvanize and overcome or they fall apart. That said, the Coug didn’t go 5-1 in Dickerts time as HC. They went 3-3. Their big win was over a UW team coached by Bob Gregory. Let that sink in. Bob. Gregory. Then after two weeks to get ready for a bowl game they come out flat and lose to a directional school from Michigan. He might be okay. I’m just not as hyped on the guy as some are.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

I don’t get the Dickert love. When an adverse event happens to a sports team, like the coach has a heart attack and dies or the coach gets fired for not taking a vaccine, the teams tend to go one of two ways. They galvanize and overcome or they fall apart. That said, the Coug didn’t go 5-1 in Dickerts time as HC. They went 3-3. Their big win was over a UW team coached by Bob Gregory. Let that sink in. Bob. Gregory. Then after two weeks to get ready for a bowl game they come out flat and lose to a directional school from Michigan. He might be okay. I’m just not as hyped on the guy as some are.
    The coug was bound to improve once they stopped watching loose change and other conspiracy docs during film study
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    edited May 2022

haie said:

theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

It isn't Dickert Love. Fisch lost to Northern Arizona and UW while finishing 1-11. I guess he started out with zero talent but did I mention that he lost to Northern Arizona?

If I didn't, Fisch finished 1-11 and lost to UW and Northern Arizona.

BTW Dickert beat UW quite easily.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

The coug was bound to improve once they stopped watching loose change and other conspiracy docs during film study
    I think Rolo was more of a "Plandemic" guy
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

haie said:

theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

It isn't Dickert Love. Fisch lost to Northern Arizona and UW while finishing 1-11. I guess he started out with zero talent but did I mention that he lost to Northern Arizona?

If I didn't, Fisch finished 1-11 and lost to UW and Northern Arizona.

BTW Dickert beat Bob Gregory led UW quite easily.
    Correct.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    haie said:

theLSkid said:

Let me have it.

Great point and I don’t disagree, but is he better than Herm Fisch and Dorrell?