Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stunning and brave

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited May 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

She’s naive, but let’s not make a mountain out of a molehill. Who cares about a small flag in the classroom?

I care about the "And if a student has a problem with it then they can find a different teacher" line.
    I missed that line. I just heard her bullshit about the flag being a symbol that the gay students are safe and that she didn’t want to make it a big deal.

I guess going on social media to get “atta girls” made it a somewhat big deal. I still stand by my opinion that most of this is click baity, Twitter debates, and adults using this as a political weapon. It barely exists in real life.
    So you have kids in school right now?
    I’ve commented on this before. I do and he wouldn’t even know what the fuck we were talking about. If he did, he wouldn’t care. Luckily he doesn’t go to a super woke school where this stuff seems to be happening.

He’s never mentioned anything like this to me and has done well in school since he started. I have no complaints.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

She’s naive, but let’s not make a mountain out of a molehill. Who cares about a small flag in the classroom?

I care about the "And if a student has a problem with it then they can find a different teacher" line.
    I missed that line. I just heard her bullshit about the flag being a symbol that the gay students are safe and that she didn’t want to make it a big deal.

I guess going on social media to get “atta girls” made it a somewhat big deal. I still stand by my opinion that most of this is click baity, Twitter debates, and adults using this as a political weapon. It barely exists in real life.
    So you have kids in school right now?
    I’ve commented on this before. I do and he wouldn’t even know what the fuck we were talking about. If he did, he wouldn’t care. Luckily he doesn’t go to a super woke school where this stuff seems to be happening.

He’s never mentioned anything like this to me and has done well in school since he started. I have no complaints.
    Consider yourself lucky. The woke shit in our district is very much in kids faces.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    There are tons of teachers like this. Some have social justice standards. TUSDumb changed the curriculum. Basically it was too white... They have middle school kids reading that fraud Ibram X. Candy. It's not isolated.
    edited May 2022

There are tons of teachers like this. Some have social justice standards. TUSDumb changed the curriculum. Basically it was too white... They have middle school kids reading that fraud Ibram X. Candy. It's not isolated.

Thank goodness Netflix wised up and decided not to continue development of his “Anti-racist Baby.” I wish that phone call would make its way to the public square.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club
    I don't have a problem with you Roadie

At all

You're a reasonable guy

At all

You're a reasonable guy

I know. And same back to you. I’m just not up in arms about this yet. It shouldn’t be happening at all, but whacky shit has always happened on this country. If and when I see it happening frequently, I will have a problem with it.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

Edit: fucked up the quote so I tagged you. It was about being too cool to stand up to evil.

@RaceBannon, you pick and choose what is a big deal and what isn’t pretty often. Headlines and hot topics are often misleading.

January 6th wasn’t a huge tragedy and our democracy wasn’t almost stolen. Blacks don’t get hunted down for sport by police. Headlines and political folks won’t shut the fuck up about trans-rights even tho that is less than 1% of the population. White supremacy, blah, blah. I don’t need to have a strong stance on everything, because a lot of it is pumped up, media created bullshit.

I’m on your side with this. I agree with a lot of your views on here. The dumb fuck left has made it very hard to support them and I can’t any longer.

It has obviously happened in some schools. Is it some rampant problem that is ruining the kids? I have my doubts and haven’t seen it myself. Controversy and debate is what gets the clicks and the viewers.

I’m of the age where a lot of friends of mine have school aged kids, along with myself. And this shit doesn’t come up, probably because it doesn’t happen very often in real life. I don’t have anyone I would consider woke in my circle.

Pretty rampant here in "republican" orange county bc all the teachers are democrats and not the tuff logging camp kind.

I've watched my nephews go through it in even redder inland empire.

The older one leaked a bunch of his "secret woke education" he wasn't supposed to share or make public. Pretty proud of him.

When parents demanded to see the curriculum the district tried to force them to sign an NDA to be able to review it.

Tell me what curriculum at a public school shouldn't be public knowledge?

Agreed that you are a reasonable guy @RoadDawg55 but just because you are lucky enough to be in a district without this garbage doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

I have A LOT of friends i grew up with who are teachers. Some of them ARE these liberal wackos in all honesty. It's the effects of the echo chamber. They think it's normal.

The problem is that they are in a position of influence and authority with a captive audience. "Punching down" as @TheKobeStopper would like to say.

The effect of that is that one teacher can have an outsized influence on literally thousands of kids, create a consensus, and have institutional power backing them while being able to silence any opposition.

Doubly so in states where being a part of the LGBTQIA2+ mafia makes you a protected class. What's that? The biology teacher said there's only 2 genders in mammals? Slap them with a harassment complaint and watch the investigations roll for 2 years. God help the student that doesn't call you by zhe/zhem who doesn't have a union to protect them.

Tldr this shit is happening in parts of the country even if it isn't your experience that it is.
    edited May 2022

At all

You're a reasonable guy

I know. And same back to you. I’m just not up in arms about this yet. It shouldn’t be happening at all, but whacky shit has always happened on this country. If and when I see it happening frequently, I will have a problem with it.
    The long game Roadie…the long game…that’s what the progressives are playing. Remember that. Remember how things start and how they end (they never end). Where they start is miles from where the end up. The NRA knows this and that’s why they say fuck off every time someone proposes new 2A restrictions.

When this teachers student are lawyers, doctors, politicians, etc..where do you think it will be?

TKS admitted it. If your were a leftist in 1995 and haven’t evolved your positions further left, you are now a conservative and the enemy.
    I still have some optimism that at some point, young people will realize this shit is crazy and go against it. People wise up with age.

I guess it’s already happened. The supposedly best and brightest from the Ivy leagues seem like whackos that have lost the plot. I only know a few in real life, but that is what the headlines would lead me to believe.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

At all

You're a reasonable guy

The long game Roadie…the long game…that’s what the progressives are playing. Remember that. Remember how things start and how they end (they never end). Where they start is miles from where the end up. The NRA knows this and that’s why they say fuck off every time someone proposes new 2A restrictions.

When this teachers student are lawyers, doctors, politicians, etc..where do you think it will be?

TKS admitted it. If your were a leftist in 1995 and haven’t evolved your positions further left, you are now a conservative and the enemy.
    I still have some optimism that at some point, young people will realize this shit is crazy and go against it. People wise up with age.

I guess it’s already happened. The supposedly best and brightest from the Ivy leagues seem like whackos that have lost the plot. I only know a few in real life, but that is what the headlines would lead me to believe.
    You also think UW has a decent shot to be good this year so……
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    edited May 2022

At all

You're a reasonable guy

Would you say that Nancy Pelosi and Liz Warren have wised up with age? Did Biden?

At all

You're a reasonable guy

A Republican Senator was recently speaking to college students in Wyoming. She said there were only two sexes. She was roundly booed by the students.
    SFGbob said:

At all

You're a reasonable guy

Would you say that Nancy Pelosi and Liz Warren have wised up with age? Did Biden?
    I’m talking common folk Bob. Lots of people are very liberal when young and that changes as they get older.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

SFGbob said:

At all

You're a reasonable guy

I’m talking common folk Bob. Lots of people are very liberal when young and that changes as they get older.
    Agreed, I was one of them. But plenty of people remain liberal idiots their entire life.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't envy you people with kids old enough to where you have to deal with these fucking losers on the regular. Fucking huge anchor on top of your day to day job.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

Fuck Kendi. He should be jailed for sedition.

Everything he advocates for leads to violence, destruction and breach of peace. "If you're not anti-racist, then you're racist" is his most self-centered, egocentric and convenient claim, since he makes his living stirring up shit where it didn't previously exist.

And yes, self-loathing loser teachers swallow his shit whole, without chewing.

So fuck them too.